Make a donation

Author Topic: Fk Coilovers  (Read 881 times)

Offline Trav Turbo

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 2
Fk Coilovers
« on: March 02, 2017, 12:32:51 pm »
Hello! What's people's views on them?

Been offered a set new fairly cheap & unsure to have them or not. My original plan was H&R springs. Looking to try keep the ride of the car not too harsh if I can.

Cheers.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Offline SurreyED30

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 37
  • -Receive: 32
Re: Fk Coilovers
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2017, 02:00:50 pm »
I had a set 3 years ago on my previous edition 30 and they were to harsh for me. I had a full engine mount kit and fully bushed suspension which didn't bother me vibration and stiffness wise but the Fk highsports were terrible compared to the koni/H&R set up i replaced them with early 2014! the Koni's i fitted with H&R springs was spot on for comfort but the drop wasnt that great, but the set up isnt designed for "lowering purposes" :happy2:

Ive heard good things about AP coilovers (£450 approx). might be worth the extra £££ if your on a tight budget

Jake
Edition 30 build No:692 Revo stage 2 SOLD
Edition 30 build No:440 Stage 1 SOLD

Offline Trav Turbo

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 2
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2017, 09:41:39 pm »
I had a set 3 years ago on my previous edition 30 and they were to harsh for me. I had a full engine mount kit and fully bushed suspension which didn't bother me vibration and stiffness wise but the Fk highsports were terrible compared to the koni/H&R set up i replaced them with early 2014! the Koni's i fitted with H&R springs was spot on for comfort but the drop wasnt that great, but the set up isnt designed for "lowering purposes" :happy2:

Ive heard good things about AP coilovers (£450 approx). might be worth the extra £££ if your on a tight budget

Jake
Cheers

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Offline Adam0604

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 34
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,97534.0.html
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2017, 06:51:53 pm »
Which FK coilys? Streets or Highsports?
I've got the Highsports and think they are good value for money tbh, retains a decent level of comfort still and are built well.
Street ones however are trash, dont bother with them.