Make a donation

Author Topic: Your thoughts Please  (Read 1481 times)

Offline dazwatson

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
Your thoughts Please
« on: March 10, 2010, 01:38:18 pm »
Hi,

I posted on new members a while back moaning about my issues with my 55 plate GTi.

To refresh you, it went back to the dealer just out of warranty with a broken timing chain, i thought i would have to pay to have it done, they did say that they would look after us though.
Basically 4 weeks later it had been done, took so long and they then told me it had no oil pressure and was still rattling. oil pump had gone.
At this stage i got the finance company involved and they told me i was well in my rights to reject the vechicle. I posted my problems and got a lot of replies telling me to walk away.

The garage have now come back to me, i have visited the garage this morning and have heard it running, sounds nice and quiet.
It has had a new timing chain, tensioner and rear cog, new cam belt. They have put a new oil pump on, which they told me cost £1000 !!.

They want me to have the car back and run it and if unhappy with it they will have it back, they have paid for all the work.
Perphaps me involving the finance company has given them the kick up the arse and its ok now???

Shall i have it back or still reject the vehicle.

Your thoughts

Daz
« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 01:40:19 pm by dazwatson »

Offline scotta

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 15
  • Edition 30
Re: Your thoughts Please
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2010, 01:40:08 pm »
If its fixed and there is no arguments over the repair cost i dont see any reason for not taking it back!

Offline Greeners

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2010, 01:48:08 pm »
I don't think it's something we can advise you really.............

You had your reasons for buying that particular car in the first place and if those reasons are still valid and the car is now fixed then why not.  :happy2:

If none of the above is relevant then walk away.

Offline docker1996

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2010, 01:59:22 pm »
Seems like there's no downside risk in taking it back. How long are they gonna warrant the work for?

Offline joesgti

• Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 35
  • Eat my sick, Eat my sick.
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2010, 02:21:45 pm »
get a few more freebies for taking it back like a free service  :happy2:

If you need any games consoles or games, accessories, etc etc, PM me for my best price,

Offline QD MBE

• Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 102
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2010, 04:22:31 pm »
Get a detailed report on what they have done, damage found, problems encountered and all that good stuff.  Then and only then can you make a decision on keeping or rejecting the car. 

The worrying part is the lack of oil pressure, and the mention of rattling.  They will have started it/run it several times to diagnose the problem, and may and I repeat may have caused damage.

Get them to declare what they have done………