Make a donation

Author Topic: 2006 vs 2007???  (Read 5730 times)

Offline T30GUE

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
Re: 2006 vs 2007???
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2010, 06:45:59 pm »
The second car does appear to have the 18'' monzas, but I think they have a painted finish similar to the 17's

Offline FamilyDub

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 2
  • ...who needs a diesel?
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2010, 07:18:00 pm »

I don't have the best eyesite... They look small to be 18" as well, no?  :sad1:
MKV GTI | Reflex Silver | 5-dr, Family-Spec | 17" w/anthracite Finish | Manual | Highline | Cruise | Revision 'D' DV | Dirty Pipes |

Offline Gene Hunt

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 59
  • -Receive: 61
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2010, 07:37:35 pm »

Also, I'd be sh1tting myself if the Xenons broke.

That's what the warranty is for...  :happy2:
.........but runs out sometime. If the car feels right then go for it. Mine dosen't have the highline  or leather or xenons but the car was right when i looked at it so went for it,nearley a year on & it's still a fantastic car that goes like stink.  :happy2:
ED35. Standard factory condition.

Offline DanoGTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 3
    • DA Productions
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2010, 07:42:25 pm »
Quite frankly, I wouldn't go too nuts over the options list imho. It basically depends on what you want for the car.

Personally, mine was relatively poverty-spec (although my wishlist was quite long originally!)

Mine has -

17" - actually prefer the ride, although Monza II look nicer.
Lux pack 2
Midline computer - had an Audi S4 Avant prior and tbh, never really used it! Nice if available, but certainly not a deal-breaker.
Crappy RCD300 with 10 speakers - have ripped this out and installed an F900bt. Don't like the RNS510. Speakers have been upgraded and a sub installed in the wheel arch.
No Xenons - my eyesight is sh1t anyway. Super lights aint gonna make any difference!! LOL!!
Armrest - I loved mine in the Audi, so was happy to see this addition.
Cloth interior - saw a lot of leather interiors that looked very tired on young cars.
DSG - kinda like marmite (love it or loathe it). Me? Not overly impressed tbh.
No winterpack, nor mfsw (don't need it as I have my own stereo and iphone/bluetooth!)

However, mine's a nice base for some modding (see my car in the members section).
AND it was cheap with LOWWWWW miles :happy2:

So see what you can live with (and without) - go from there!

Dan  :happy2:

DA Productions

The fine art of diplomacy is telling somebody to "fcuk off" in such a way that they actually look forward to the journey....

Offline FamilyDub

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 2
  • ...who needs a diesel?
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2010, 07:49:29 pm »
No Xenons - my eyesight is sh1t anyway. Super lights aint gonna make any difference!! LOL!!

^^^  :signLOL:

Might have to take that for the signature!

MKV GTI | Reflex Silver | 5-dr, Family-Spec | 17" w/anthracite Finish | Manual | Highline | Cruise | Revision 'D' DV | Dirty Pipes |

Offline DanoGTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 3
    • DA Productions
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2010, 07:59:25 pm »
LOL!! All yours mate  :happy2:

DA Productions

The fine art of diplomacy is telling somebody to "fcuk off" in such a way that they actually look forward to the journey....

Offline Ross_46

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2010, 09:19:45 pm »
Hey, thanks for such a wide response has realy given me something to think about! I am swaying with what dano has been sayin in terms of the options. Some of the extras dont seem to have much of an effect on me tbh as i can live without mfsw and leather. and also i am hoping for little bit of a project. But whatever i get in the end im sure i'll be happy with and for sure will put some pics up!

Thanks again for all the help

57 Plate, Black, Monza 18's, Ipod armrest, Cruise, Revision D DV, Forge Twintake, Milltek non res, Revo Stage 1

Offline Gene Hunt

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 59
  • -Receive: 61
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2010, 10:28:26 pm »
...........mate trust me you will.Mk5 GTI takes some beating.
ED35. Standard factory condition.

Offline animal

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 8
  • .:R32
« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2010, 11:31:54 pm »

Also, I'd be sh1tting myself if the Xenons broke.

That's what the warranty is for...  :happy2:
.........but runs out sometime. If the car feels right then go for it. Mine dosen't have the highline  or leather or xenons but the car was right when i looked at it so went for it,nearley a year on & it's still a fantastic car that goes like stink.  :happy2:

It doesn't have to. I have the VW balance left on mine then it will be extended.
Only 250.1bhp - but with that noise, who cares?

Mile-muncher ordered: MkVI 1.6 TDi BlueMotion Match DSG with leather, winter pack, luxury pack, fogs, climate control, Dynaudio pack, RCD510 with DAB & MDI, flat tyre indicator