Make a donation

Author Topic: Collinite 476  (Read 2236 times)

Offline garethmk1

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
Collinite 476
« on: March 10, 2009, 10:59:30 pm »
Hey guys, just had some Collinite delivered, any hints and tips for using and applying - intend to apply thinly using megs applicators and buff with thick pile microfibre.  How many layers should I apply ? Any reviews etc etc ???

Bought it due to its durability, but really enjoy my Dodo Bananna Armour - can I pop that on top for a little extra shine as I have heard that the Collinite isn't the best in terms of shine,

Regards,

Gareth
« Last Edit: March 10, 2009, 11:01:54 pm by garethmk1 »

Mk5 Golf GTi Edition 30 No:- 2101, 3Dr, Tornado Red, Rear Tints, RCD510 & Sound Pack, Arm Rest
Mk1 Golf GTi 16v Helios Blue, Too Many Mods To List .... MY First Car ! Owned Since 1996 !!! NEARLY READY !!!!!

Offline stealthwolf

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
Re: Collinite 476
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2009, 01:29:27 am »
Collinite is very durable. I applied one single layer, and I was still getting beading three months later.

As with all waxes, apply sparingly. I found it difficult to get adequate amounts onto the MF cloth. It can help to leave the tin in some hot water to help heat up the wax.

Apply very thinly and don't leave too long before buffing. Allow it to cure over 24 hours before applying another layer. 2-3 layers is more than suffice.

Because of it's durability, Collinite is used more during the winter months when the weather means you're less likely to have time and opportunity to detail the car.

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline autoperfection.com

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 28
  • autoperfection.com
    • autoperfection shop
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2009, 11:36:58 am »
As stealthwolf says Colly is very durable indeed even with a single layer.
I have found that you should buff it off quite quickly as it can be a bugger to remove if left on the panel.  I would apply sparingly, making sure you have even coverage, with a wax applicator - to a panel at a time and remove straight away.  I would leave for at least an hour if not more before adding layers - Two coats of Colly will be great and then apply the banana armour on top - You may want to consider substituting a soft wax for the banna armour for your final layer as this will increase the gloss level further - As Banana Armour is a hard wax its design is for durability - you have that with the colly so maybe a soft wax will add to the wetness and depth of shine your after.

regards
JIM

Offline GolfDan

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • ShowandShine
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2009, 12:11:03 pm »
Apply using a damp applicator pad, I would do a panel at a time to make it easier to buff off.