Make a donation

Author Topic: Watch out, fellow Guildford/Woking Boys***UPDATE***  (Read 1184 times)

Offline Mk5 GTian

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 37
  • Wolfsburg - Probably the Best Cars in the World
Watch out, fellow Guildford/Woking Boys***UPDATE***
« on: January 02, 2013, 08:14:42 pm »
Fellas,

The small stretch of road between the traffic lights at the end of the Slyfield Industrial estate and the roundabout where you do a left for Worplesdon is littered with RIM-BUSTING & TYRE-BLISTERING potholes in both directions.

To make things worse, people often swerve to avoid them and enter the other side of the road into on-coming traffic!!!!  :rolleye: :rolleye: :rolleye:

Take care chaps.  :happy2:
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 04:33:54 pm by Mk5 GTian »

Fun Golf: 2016 mk7 R DSG 3 door. Work Golf: 2015 mk7 1.4 TSI GT ACT 5 door.
Gone but not forgotten : mk2 Golf GTI 16v, mk4 Golf V6 4Motion, mk5 GTI Storm Developments Stage 1, mk5 GTI Revo Stage 1, BMW 330ci, Skoda Octavia VRS Revo Stage 2, BMW Z4 Sdrive35i.

Offline sub39h

• Thank You
  • -Given: 189
  • -Receive: 84
Re: Watch out, fellow Guildford/Woking Boys.....
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2013, 08:20:44 pm »
have you told the council?
2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line
DSG | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Bilstein B14 | RNS-E 2010 | AMI | AKS Tuning custom CAI | Titanium BBS VZs | NQS BBK | WALK | Autotech RARB | Bluemotion aero | Blueflame TBE | Autotech HPFP | MY11 Wing Mirrors | Bluetooth | S3 Intercooler
PLANS: Stage 2+

Offline wigit

• Thank You
  • -Given: 129
  • -Receive: 42
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2013, 08:28:06 pm »
not surprised round there as the industrial estate is built on an old landfill site

Offline Mk5 GTian

• Thank You
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2013, 08:43:53 pm »
have you told the council?

I am ringing them tomorrow and also notifying the Police as I had a Max Powered Saxo swerve in front of me earlier. If the Police know it is a potential accident causer, They might also put pressure on the Council.

Gone but not forgotten : mk2 Golf GTI 16v, mk4 Golf V6 4Motion, mk5 GTI Storm Developments Stage 1, mk5 GTI Revo Stage 1, BMW 330ci, Skoda Octavia VRS Revo Stage 2, BMW Z4 Sdrive35i.

Offline dan1985

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 11
    • Durham Collective
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2013, 09:24:57 pm »
Only ever go that way to go to TPS so think I'll be alright, cheers for the heads up though

www.durhamcollective.co.uk  
North East VAG Owners Club

Offline GrayMK5GTI

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 125
  • -Receive: 247
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2013, 09:30:00 pm »
Ian,

Try here: http://www.fixmystreet.com/

It's been recommended by Honest John in the telegraph motoring section many times.

I used it to fix potholes down my road. You report the pothole, council gets an email, you get emails every couple of weeks asking if it has been fixed and you can comment more etc.

Got mine fixed in about 5 weeks  :happy2: - better than never  :grin:
NOW: 2015 Golf R DSG 5 Door, Lapiz Blue, 19s, Discover Nav, Reversing Camera
GONE:2007 Black GTI Edition 30 3dr

Offline garrardrj

• Thank You
  • -Given: 76
  • -Receive: 42
  • EX 2007 Golf Edition 30 owner in Suffolk
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2013, 10:23:01 pm »
When you report it get the persons name you speak to and make a note of the time and day of the call . Ring on your mobile as that is easier to recall your proof . Then if someone does damage their car when they haven't repaired in the stipulated period for your area (think they should publish this on their website) they can claim off them , they then cannot get out of it and will pay the claim with no quibbles  :happy2:
2015 Golf R White 5 Door Leather DCC Dynaudio Pretorias
2009 Land Rover Freelander HSE - Workhorse
2007 Mk 5 Golf GTI Edition 30 - SOLD

Offline RENNTAG

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 23
  • Premium Performance Parts
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2013, 08:45:37 am »
Thanks Ian,

The recent bad weather seems to have destroyed the roads around here.

Offline Mk5 GTian

• Thank You
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2013, 09:37:16 am »
Ian,

Try here: http://www.fixmystreet.com/

It's been recommended by Honest John in the telegraph motoring section many times.

I used it to fix potholes down my road. You report the pothole, council gets an email, you get emails every couple of weeks asking if it has been fixed and you can comment more etc.

Got mine fixed in about 5 weeks  :happy2: - better than never  :grin:

Brilliant, thanks Graeme. I've reported it using this. There are 2 other reports for this stretch of road, but nothing has been done as yet.

Offline Mk5 GTian

• Thank You
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2013, 04:20:28 pm »
Hopefully this will be sorted soon. Got this through today from Surrey Highways:

Dear Customer

Thank you for taking the time to report a highways problem. It has been logged as follows.

Reference number: MG00345142

Problem type:  Carriageway Defect - Potholes

Your enquiry has been passed to the appropriate team, if you need to get in touch regarding this issue please quote the above reference.

Offline Mk5 GTian

• Thank You
Re: Watch out, fellow Guildford/Woking Boys***UPDATE***
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2013, 04:38:10 pm »

Right this is war!!!!

The potholes are shocking on this stretch. Check the response, and then my reply below:

Dear Sir or Madam

Thank you for your enquiry reported on 03/01/13 07:53:32

A site inspection / survey on the 09.01.2013, checked section of c/w surface from the jcn of Moorfield Road to the roundabout jcn of Salt Box Road and could not find any c/w defecst that are beyond intervention levels requiring urgent remedail make safe repairs, all minor surface defects have been logged for future routine maintenance patching repairs.
Once again thank you for contacting us.  If you have any further queries or require additional information you may find the following page on our website useful: www.surreycc.gov.uk/highwaysinfo   

Kind regards

Bryan Nakiewicz
Community Highways Officer
Guildford Area
Surrey Highways

Dear Sir/Madam,

I find your response unacceptable. These potholes on this stretch make an awful noise on the suspension when you go over one. They are also highly visible, and I encountered another driver swerving to avoid one and entering my path, as it crossed over the white broken line into on-coming traffic. I had to brake hard to avoid hitting the vehicle, which could have caused an accident. either a head-on collision,or a rear end collision into me.

How deep do these potholes have to be before you will fix them? Do they need to actually cause blistered tyres, leaking broken shocks or cracked alloy wheels? I hope you will re-consider getting this stretch of road re-surfaced immediately, or I shall be forced to take further action against you.

Ian Mackay Smith.

Offline RENNTAG

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 23
  • Premium Performance Parts
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2013, 04:43:04 pm »
Nice work Ian

Keep us posted

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2013, 05:28:27 pm »

Right this is war!!!!

The potholes are shocking on this stretch. Check the response, and then my reply below:

I hope you will re-consider getting this stretch of road re-surfaced immediately, or I shall be forced to take further action against you.

....Do you know what options for further action you actually have? At best they may carry out repairs but not re-surface the whole stretch until budgets etc allow them to.

^ Potholes? Pah! Unless I see some immediate action I'll pile drive you into the tarmac!

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!