Make a donation

Author Topic: Well I resisted........  (Read 2016 times)

Offline WhiteHartMart

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 1
Well I resisted........
« on: October 14, 2009, 05:15:01 pm »
..... for about 5 weeks!

But that's is - sourced a cheap Bluefin from eBay - all reset now and stage 1 all loaded. Saved me about £150 that way!

Just need to get the wife and kids out of the car so I can have a proper test of it  :wink:
Tornado Red 5dr Edition 30 - DSG, MFSW, Rear Parking Sensors, ipod connection, Carbon intake & ITG filter - go faster mods to follow!!!

Offline Aparoon

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 7
    • Email
Re: Well I resisted........
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2009, 05:34:38 pm »
 :jumpmove:
Edition 30 DSG, Revo 2+,BSH Intake, Autotech hpfp, Blueflame TBE,  Eibach Sportlines, Speedline Turini's GONE

Offline edd666999

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 89
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2009, 05:46:12 pm »
i have now resisted 4weeks and counting!!! its getting difficult haha but as i have to buy an important item for someone else 1st before a remap i have a feeling its goin to b a good few months before the cars modded haha.

Phil Mcavity

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2009, 05:50:20 pm »
..... for about 5 weeks!

But that's is - sourced a cheap Bluefin from eBay - all reset now and stage 1 all loaded. Saved me about £150 that way!

Just need to get the wife and kids out of the car so I can have a proper test of it  :wink:
and your Test drive is STILL going on!!, so you must be enjoying it!!

Hope My recomendation isnt a let down Andy. You will love it mate. ( i Hope!)

Let us know your thoughts, when you run out of fuel tonight  :wink:  :drinking:

Offline Webby

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2009, 09:03:50 pm »
Would I be right in saying that Whitehartmart is a fellow Tottenham fan judging by the user name??

Offline WhiteHartMart

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2009, 11:38:36 am »
I am indeed mate  :happy2:

Sorry for the slow response guys - lots going on here.

Was hoping to take the car for a nice testing last night but the wife decided I was having a meal out with the family - kids in the car didn't give me much chance to test it out although something didn't feel quite right on the few occasions the loud pedal had any pressure on it??  By the time I got back it was time to watch the football on tv.

So....

This morning arrived and I received another text and email from Superchips saying my file was ready - had this yesterday so I thought it was a duplicate by mistake!

Anyway, I went out for a test a couple of hours ago ........... it was awful - fine under light throttle but as soon as you wanted to press on there was loads of turbo lag, jumpy DSG changes and a noise on occasions a bit like some sort of limiter cutting in???

Got straight on the phone to Superchips - they went away and checked ands then called back very quickly to say that the email this morning was the correct map - the one I had yesterday afternoon was the 'manual' map!!

Sounds like I had a complete repeat of Steve's situation with Phyllis!  :confused:

Anyway new map is now installed and I'm happy to report that the car is fantastic - really love the power delivery - just like the standard really although completely steroid induced when pressing on - car still feels so under control despite the increased power - unlike my previous ST which was nowhere near this composed when mapped.

Really am pleased with it - especially at the price I payed.

A little disappointed that Superchips made the mistake over the maps again (perhaps their automated system needs someway of eradicating these mistakes) but have to say they sorted it out really quickly and efficiently.

Love the car even more now and while I'm not going to say there are no more mods being added ever, I pretty confident I'm going to leave it a while and just appreciate it as it is!  :happy2:
Tornado Red 5dr Edition 30 - DSG, MFSW, Rear Parking Sensors, ipod connection, Carbon intake & ITG filter - go faster mods to follow!!!

Phil Mcavity

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2009, 01:03:05 pm »
 :congrats: awesome Andy, cant believe they had done the same to you as mine!!.

Glad you got onto them quickly, and hope you enjoy it.Next under Cat back Non Res  :happy2:

Offline john_o

• Thank You
  • -Given: 136
  • -Receive: 108
    • My Car Blog
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2009, 01:15:39 pm »
glad to hear its sorted but cmon...

same fault twice.
SC just have a map that they fit by default, on some cars this is obviously 'too much' and triggers the failsafes, so they then need to bring it down a notch with a subsequent map.
On some cars its fine and no changes are needed...
SC 'know' which files they are applying , and what the cars are runnng (manual or DSG)

anyways glad your happy , there are many SC customers on here that are  :smiley:
enjoy your remap . lush isnt it  :pomppomp:
Red ED35 5dr DSG
DEFI boost guage / RTech Stg1 Engine/DSG / PPMk7 front brakes
BLOG | BUILD

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2009, 01:24:31 pm »
glad to hear its sorted but cmon...

same fault twice.
SC just have a map that they fit by default, on some cars this is obviously 'too much' and triggers the failsafes, so they then need to bring it down a notch with a subsequent map.
On some cars its fine and no changes are needed...
SC 'know' which files they are applying , and what the cars are runnng (manual or DSG)

anyways glad your happy , there are many SC customers on here that are  :smiley:
enjoy your remap . lush isnt it  :pomppomp:

Well with the 2 reported here that then makes 3.  :wink:

It's not the map triggering fail safes. I have VCDS logs from mine when it was on and they look absolutely fine.
When I spoke to Michael after emailing them to him he got all excited when I said DSG and then promptly sent me 3 more maps.

I'm not having a dig at Superchips but on the form where you fill in the car details I don't think it asks for DSG or manual. The thing that did impress me though was the level of support. :smiley:

Phil Mcavity

« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2009, 03:24:29 pm »
^^ agree, aftersales for me has always been top Shelf :wink:

Offline john_o

• Thank You
  • -Given: 136
  • -Receive: 108
    • My Car Blog
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2009, 11:04:35 pm »
if they do have different maps , that differ enough to cause issues, then you would have though they'd be pretty careful to get your gearbox type at time of upload?

aftersales I agree seems to be good, but maybe it needs to be if the issues like above are missing ?
on this forum its mostly REVO and Superchips that dominate the remap market ...

sorry for the thread hijack  :drinking:
Red ED35 5dr DSG
DEFI boost guage / RTech Stg1 Engine/DSG / PPMk7 front brakes
BLOG | BUILD