Make a donation

Author Topic: Number Plate Fittings / Screw Sizes?  (Read 1317 times)

Offline R32 mad

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
Number Plate Fittings / Screw Sizes?
« on: November 09, 2013, 12:33:54 pm »
Does anyone know what size screws are needed to fit a number plate to the front of the R32?

My number plate was stuck down using sticky strips when replaced through an insurance job.

Its now starting to come undone and would like to screw it in myself. Trouble is I don't have the old number plate for a template in order to drill some holes.

So will the rear number plate have the same size screw holes and width apart as the front ones?

Also which screws from Halfords will be the right ones?

Offline brookesb32

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 59
  • -Receive: 75
Re: Number Plate Fittings / Screw Sizes?
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2013, 08:52:26 pm »
Does anyone know what size screws are needed to fit a number plate to the front of the R32?

My number plate was stuck down using sticky strips when replaced through an insurance job.

Its now starting to come undone and would like to screw it in myself. Trouble is I don't have the old number plate for a template in order to drill some holes.

So will the rear number plate have the same size screw holes and width apart as the front ones?

Also which screws from Halfords will be the right ones?

You can drill the holes whatever width you like - just be careful at the front as there are two indents in the number plate holder which are best I avoid.

Oh and don't get ripped off with halfords prices - these are what you need

[ebay]300970568573[/ebay]
VCDS cable HEX-USB+CAN. New but can do the basics including coding

Offline duff-audi

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Re: Number Plate Fittings / Screw Sizes?
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2013, 07:13:01 pm »
I used the holes in the front bumper and bought these , but i used plate surrounds as well
I had to trim the bolts down a bit , but been fine

Are you drilling holes in the plates

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_175769_langId_-1_categoryId_255228
340bhp , 515nm GT28 ,VWR brakes