Make a donation

Author Topic: My TDI Jetta Road to 350 petrol converted horses  (Read 17951 times)

Offline V3trox

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 2
My TDI Jetta Road to 350 petrol converted horses
« on: September 16, 2015, 09:34:06 pm »
So for those that havent seen my intro thread I have had to sell my r36 passat (for peanuts) and replace it with this mk v tdi jetta. I know its not a GTI and i did really want a tfsi jetta but i had to be sensible and go diesel.

Its nothing special atm and its a bit of a dog but its mine (well its my companies) and i can do silly things to it without feeling guilt like with the passat.

Now before we get to the exciting engine build theres a lot of things that need solving first and i have/am in the process of compiling a big long list of things to sort out. I will edit it as i go forward. In no particular order

Sort passenger door (possibly broken into at some point)
Service
Refresh all bushings
Cheapo coilovers (bags in the future)
GTI front bumper
Votex front lip
Votex skirts
Some sort of rear skirt (could use some opinions here)
Re-drill hubs and fit wheels
Camber stuff (sorry guys im one of those people)
Re map
Clutch (depending on how well it copes with the remap)
hella Headlights (although i dont want to pay hella money :(   )
Headlight washer jets
Sort out rust on drivers side rear door shut

Once thats done it will be onto the engine [see this space]
« Last Edit: April 16, 2016, 12:31:47 pm by V3trox »

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
Re: My (tragic) TDI Jetta road to 350 horses
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2015, 09:36:52 pm »
Look forward to seeing the progress of your car

Offline V3trox

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2015, 09:37:00 pm »
Today i did test fit my wheels. They are 9.5j et38 work emotions that i had on my passat heres a pic

Only problem is they are 5x100 and off of my old legacy. So with the hub adapters they poke out at a whopping et18 which even i cant dial in enough camber to run them. At stock offset they will squeeze under nicely with some camber play. This means i get to go through the joys of removing hubs and sending them off. Gotta do something at the weekends i guess.

Offline V3trox

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2015, 09:38:42 pm »
Look forward to seeing the progress of your car

Thanks, I Promise it will be as GTI-ish as i can get it, whilst still being a diesel but the engine will be slow going for a while. Currently I have recently moved house and the garage leaks and is a small lake inside so until that is done i cant actually build any engines which is a bummer. All me equipment is stuffed into the conservatory XD

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2015, 09:43:32 pm »
Mine is a gttdi  also

Offline V3trox

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2015, 10:29:38 pm »
Mine is a gttdi  also

Just read through your entire build thread. A lot of the stuff you have done to the interior i want to do to mine :D

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2015, 10:31:49 pm »
If I can help in any way just ask away

Offline V3trox

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2015, 03:21:41 pm »
Woohoo stuff!

Fk coilovers from fellow member @LiamGTi. Top bloke. Paid yesterday, arrived today. 10/10 would buy from again.

Also spent a grand on a mystery mod which im very excited about. Hoping to fit the coilovers tomorrow if i can find my spring compressors.

Offline rdfcpete

• Thank You
  • -Given: 98
  • -Receive: 52
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2015, 06:39:13 pm »
Road to 350 horses on a 2.0TDI? Interesting  :popcornsoda:

Lots of video updates to come I hope  :wink:

Don't give any secrets away as I appreciate you'll do that when ready, but what's the early thinking; Hybrid turbo, big cooler, some aggressive mapping, full DPF delete TB system and WMI???????  :scared:
Pete

RNS-E LED 2012 | Aux-In | AP Coilovers |  Hawk HPS Pads | Revo Stage 1+
Previous: OEM+ 2006 MK5 Golf GTI 2.0T FSI Steel Grey 3 Door

Offline V3trox

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2015, 01:48:05 am »
Road to 350 horses on a 2.0TDI? Interesting  :popcornsoda:

Lots of video updates to come I hope  :wink:

Don't give any secrets away as I appreciate you'll do that when ready, but what's the early thinking; Hybrid turbo, big cooler, some aggressive mapping, full DPF delete TB system and WMI???????  :scared:

I havent decided on turbo as of yet as there are quite a few options out there but darkside developments stuff is awfully tempting as it saves me fabbing up anything.

The hardest thing to locate at the moment is head stuff. Its all well and good whacking a big turbo on it but if i cant flow the air then its pointless.

I wouldnt get to excited as the mod i have ordered is aesthetic. Car needs to look the part first. I'm hoping to start the engine build in the spring time at some point and have it up and ready for summer but it all depends on how much work i can get till then. I would rather just do 1 build than build a motor to 250 then decide i want more etc

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2015, 01:51:47 am »
The head is important but more so on petrol ..Going down the dark side route next year

Offline rdfcpete

• Thank You
  • -Given: 98
  • -Receive: 52
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2015, 07:35:20 pm »
I havent decided on turbo as of yet as there are quite a few options out there but darkside developments stuff is awfully tempting as it saves me fabbing up anything.

The hardest thing to locate at the moment is head stuff. Its all well and good whacking a big turbo on it but if i cant flow the air then its pointless.

I wouldnt get to excited as the mod i have ordered is aesthetic. Car needs to look the part first. I'm hoping to start the engine build in the spring time at some point and have it up and ready for summer but it all depends on how much work i can get till then. I would rather just do 1 build than build a motor to 250 then decide i want more etc

Or retrofit a 3.0 TDI with haldex then 330 horses or so looks a lot closer...  :evilgrin: :laugh: :rolleye:

Be keen to see what you can draft out of the 2.0tdi. Have darkside got more than 600nm out of the same engine as yours? Not looked for a while.
Pete

RNS-E LED 2012 | Aux-In | AP Coilovers |  Hawk HPS Pads | Revo Stage 1+
Previous: OEM+ 2006 MK5 Golf GTI 2.0T FSI Steel Grey 3 Door

Offline V3trox

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2015, 07:37:31 pm »
Don't! I was having mad scientist thoughts about something similar but a: no workshop for that kind of build and b:I'm still getting the hang of this diesel lark!

Onto the car. It's to wet to get the hubs off and sort suspension so spent some time on a remap.

Should burn the clutch out in no time

Offline drade

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2015, 07:12:06 pm »
Remap killed my clutch and flywheel (1.9 tdi) and then I got a silent single mass darkside set which truly is silent. My car has the gti look as well as brakes, suspension, steering wheel etc.. the only thing missing is gti seats.

4ndy

« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2015, 07:16:01 pm »
Remap killed my clutch and flywheel (1.9 tdi) and then I got a silent single mass darkside set which truly is silent. My car has the gti look as well as brakes, suspension, steering wheel etc.. the only thing missing is gti seats.
and the engine :signLOL: