Make a donation

Author Topic: BCM conversion  (Read 1350 times)

Offline MateyGuv

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 67
  • Instagram & YouTube - mateyguv
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,69555.0.html
BCM conversion
« on: September 20, 2015, 04:39:31 pm »
I've been trying for a while to get High Beam Assist working on my MK5 for a while with no luck. I've got the right hardware but with out a BCM it doesn't look possible. Even Eddie is stumped!!!
My conclusion is I need to update the car to have a BCM. This has been done to a MK5 in Poland and to do it the whole interior was taken out and re installed with a MK6 loom. Basically a rewire is needed. I've made contact with a chap who is trying to get HBA to work on his MK2 Octavia (basically a MK5 loom) and he has a working prototype of an adaptor loom to make the wiring work - like a plug and play type loom for the stereo when fitting phone kit etc.

His knowledge far exceeds mine but he has hit a snag and needs help....
Can anyone supply the CCM pin outs for MK5 Golf / MK2 Octavia?

With a BCM the possibilities for cool (nerdy) mods are awesome - things like cruise control speed on the Scorocco White/colour cluster, HBA, Speed limit recognition etc etc so it would be cool for anyone with the scirocco white/colour MFD.

Any help would be awesome guys!!!

Offline Pashka

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 33
    • Email
Re: BCM conversion
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2015, 04:57:11 pm »
Isnt easier to ask a guy from broken.de to share his hba adapter schematics? I know He is not doing them anymore, but maybe would share and one russian guy has his adapter aswell. Worth asking.
06 1.9 TDI Owner. Retrofits: Bixenons, Drls, Full GT/GTI exterior, RNS510+MDI+Premium Bluetooth+RVC+OPS, Full Fis, MFSW, Cruise control, TPMS, Polar Fis, Boot pop up and more.. :)
Coding, diagnostic and retrofits in Leeds
Pre coded Can Gateways for battery drain issues with RNS510 and similar headunits
Premium Bluetooth modules/kit
RNS510 Service - codes, maps/firmware updates
Latest V8 West EU maps update service for RNS315