Make a donation

Author Topic: R5GTT'S Cars rapid  (Read 243422 times)

Offline r5gtt

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 342
  • -Receive: 334
Re: R5GTT'S Staying K03 as I've changed my mind
« Reply #690 on: December 17, 2016, 05:05:06 pm »
Good work on led units!!

You got the boost tape and pipe to go with the powervalve?
Cheers mate, yes seller has given me those too  :smiley: Fits on the pcv and then to the valve. I've read it also can go straight off the turbo?.

Offline AJP

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 392
  • -Receive: 316
« Reply #691 on: December 17, 2016, 05:07:41 pm »
@AJP I know I said I would never unless it was cheap enough so here we have it m the rest on my BCS  :smiley:

Excellent. I see you got the full valved one. It's a cracking bit of kit

Plus, if your car's anything like mine or @Rashg60's the full Powervalve and Stage 2 R-Tech will net you bang on that 270bhp you're aiming for. With all the other bits I reckon you'll be closer to 290bhp.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2016, 05:09:43 pm by AJP »

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #692 on: December 17, 2016, 05:39:37 pm »
@AJP I know I said I would never unless it was cheap enough so here we have it m the rest on my BCS  :smiley:

Plus, if your car's anything like mine or @Rashg60's the full Powervalve and Stage 2 R-Tech will net you bang on that 270bhp you're aiming for. With all the other bits I reckon you'll be closer to 290bhp.
Yeah mate, had to go for the valves one as I want quietish around town and the motorway until I floor it as I don't like loud at all.

290ish would be awesome  :surprised: who's needs K04  :driver:

Offline AJP

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #693 on: December 17, 2016, 05:51:36 pm »

Yeah mate, had to go for the valves one as I want quietish around town and the motorway until I floor it as I don't like loud at all.

You'll love the exhaust. It netted me 345lb/ft at Stage 2 before I'd even uprated the pump to a Loba, and that's with everything else standard bar a Pipercross panel filter. 2+ is just pure torque. And with all the other bolt-ons you'll help the k03 flow to its max and reach some nice peak bhp figures.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2016, 06:27:22 pm by AJP »

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #694 on: December 17, 2016, 07:19:38 pm »

You'll love the exhaust. It netted me 345lb/ft at Stage 2 before I'd even uprated the pump to a Loba, and that's with everything else standard bar a Pipercross panel filter. 2+ is just pure torque. And with all the other bolt-ons you'll help the k03 flow to its max and reach some nice peak bhp figures.
brilliant as that's what I want from this exhaust although the milltek sounds awesome wot I'd rather keep it low key all round  :grin:

Sounds like the beasts going be awesome and can't wait to unleash these ponies  :driver:

Offline AJP

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #695 on: December 17, 2016, 07:28:27 pm »
If you're used to the standard 200bhp and 200 odd lb/ft you'll be like a kid at Christmas! Best way I can describe mine is that it pulls in 3rd like a Stage 1 car pulls in 2nd. It's addictive. And of course mine is still on the Stage 2 map with the standard airbox and IC...!

2+ with water-meth will be mega.

Offline v4rley

• Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 104
« Reply #696 on: December 17, 2016, 07:53:46 pm »
Nice @r5gtt. I'm pretty much heading the same way, what's your plans for the pcv?

@AJP what's your spec as cannot see a build or post for yours?

Offline AJP

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #697 on: December 17, 2016, 08:17:41 pm »
Nice @r5gtt. I'm pretty much heading the same way, what's your plans for the pcv?

I don't have a build thread mate, maybe one day...!

This graph is from my Stage 2 R-Tech map. Only mods were a Pipercross panel filter (negligible gain) and a full Powervalve with 200 cell cat:

So 269bhp (let's call it 270...) and 345lb/ft. The lower graph is the car on the existing Stage 1 R-Tech map with the Powervalve and panel filter (260bhp 320lb/ft) before Niki did his stuff.

I worked it out that I'd gained about 25bhp and 49lb/ft between Stage 1 with standard hardware (245bhp 296lb/ft) and Stage 2 with the mods. I'd really put 95% of the gain down to the Powervalve.

I fitted a Loba fuel pump soon after that to cure the odd fuel cut I was getting. I'm still on that Stage 2 map, and no other hardware was changed at that point. It feels like I've gained an extra 10-15lb/ft of torque with the Loba, but not just at a peak, it's a much bigger spread of torque and makes it so much stronger. It just boosts hard and flies.

It's quite impressive how well it goes for a car with just an uprated pump, Powervalve, and the 'wrong' map!

I'll be sorting an S3 cooler and a good intake like I mentioned, then getting the map tweak to 2+. I'd imagine I'll hit somewhere in the 280s in terms of bhp and 360+ lb/ft of torque.

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #698 on: December 17, 2016, 08:22:36 pm »

Seeeeexxx

I'll have the milltek ta drop it off ta
its provisionally sold  :P

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #699 on: December 17, 2016, 08:26:06 pm »
If you're used to the standard 200bhp and 200 odd lb/ft you'll be like a kid at Christmas! Best way I can describe mine is that it pulls in 3rd like a Stage 1 car pulls in 2nd. It's addictive. And of course mine is still on the Stage 2 map with the standard airbox and IC...!

like this with a new toy :jumping:  :signLOL:
Bro you need to step up the game and get that filter and tweek done  :party:

I'm so excited thinking about it  :rolleye:

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #700 on: December 17, 2016, 08:29:16 pm »

thanks mate, don't want to do the pcv delete in all honesty as I don't fancy smoking more than I already am  :laugh: so the boost tap will have the pcv pipe fitted to it or I may just tap into the turbo but not a clue what size T piece I need   :thinking: :thinking:

Offline AJP

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #701 on: December 17, 2016, 08:29:34 pm »

Bro you need to step up the game and get that filter and tweek done  arty:

It'll happen mate. Right now I'm enjoying the car behaving itself (after all the fun and games with those misfires) and looking to get some coilovers and an anti-lift kit as my next mods. Booked in for the mk7 Clubsport brakes in January.

Then I'll turn my attention back to more powahh..!!!

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #702 on: December 17, 2016, 08:31:24 pm »

I don't have a build thread mate, maybe one day...!

This graph is from my Stage 2 R-Tech map. Only mods were a Pipercross panel filter (negligible gain) and a full Powervalve with 200 cell cat:

So 269bhp (let's call it 270...) and 345lb/ft. The lower graph is the car on the existing Stage 1 R-Tech map with the Powervalve and panel filter (260bhp 320lb/ft) before Niki did his stuff.

I worked it out that I'd gained about 25bhp and 49lb/ft between Stage 1 with standard hardware (245bhp 296lb/ft) and Stage 2 with the mods. I'd really put 95% of the gain down to the Powervalve.

I fitted a Loba fuel pump soon after that to cure the odd fuel cut I was getting. I'm still on that Stage 2 map, and no other hardware was changed at that point. It feels like I've gained an extra 10-15lb/ft of torque with the Loba, but not just at a peak, it's a much bigger spread of torque and makes it so much stronger. It just boosts hard and flies.

It's quite impressive how well it goes for a car with just an uprated pump, Powervalve, and the 'wrong' map!

I'll be sorting an S3 cooler and a good intake like I mentioned, then getting the map tweak to 2+. I'd imagine I'll hit somewhere in the 280s in terms of bhp and 360+ lb/ft of torque.
Very impressive AJP, looks like I'll be getting the most out of my bolt ons then  :grin:

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #703 on: December 17, 2016, 08:34:08 pm »

Bro you need to step up the game and get that filter and tweek done  arty:

It'll happen mate. Right now I'm enjoying the car behaving itself (after all the fun and games with those misfires) and looking to get some coilovers and an anti-lift kit as my next mods. Booked in for the mk7 Clubsport brakes in January.

Then I'll turn my attention back to more powahh..!!!
totally understand as the misfiring issue was no fun I'm sure.
Glad it's not returned too  :happy2:

Offline AJP

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #704 on: December 17, 2016, 08:48:11 pm »
Thanks mate. It was a ball ache. But nowhere near the stress of your insurance fiasco!

Good that you can now press on with the build and create the car you want. Onwards and upwards