Make a donation

Author Topic: R5GTT'S Cars rapid  (Read 244067 times)

Offline r5gtt

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 342
  • -Receive: 334
Re: R5GTT'S TFSI OEM +
« Reply #120 on: July 17, 2016, 10:40:35 pm »
I've messaged the guy but he had no reciepts of any work done as he's an engineer and apparently he's lost all the receipts when he moved garages  :thinking: the T Belt was done by his X's boyfriend  :signLOL:

Here's a few sent and replied to.

Hi. Your messaging me on ebay about my evo.

No i'm not a mechanic. I'm an engineer it's a bit different. I've got a serious car obsession that's all i've worked on bikes and cars since I was 16 and i'm now 35 so i've got a fair bit of experience.

I've got some receipts for parts but not a lot. I was never intending on selling the car ever. So i never really kept anything then we moved house and i moved units and things got lost.

^^^ (hmm I'm confused   :thinking:

Me: You understand it's a concern that one has when spending 8k on a car and if things go wrong then the buyer is f**kered:

Seller: Yeah I completely understand the concern. I paid 11k for it in 2009 on 24k miles and then found out when the clutch started slipping that they only last 30k by then it had to have a new flywheel and a clutch. That was a big bill and a shock. It was my daily drive back then so I had to get it changed asap. These days it's just my toy i used to bring it out for a week every month then put it away again. If something needed doing then it got done and if i didn't have the cash then i just didn't drive it.
I could happily get in that car and drive to russia no concerns. I wouldn't even think twice about it. It's only really been unused since i moved units and then it was hard work to get it out.

It wants a set of tyres and a remap and it'll be sorted i just haven't got the interest in it anymore to spend on either i'm into my 4x4's now and we're buying an new house so funds are too tight for evo parts and the insurance on it is costing me a bomb i could do without spending but i can't really have 8k's worth of car just sat in my unit uninsured that would be silly. So i have it for sale. No other reason.

Offline AJP

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 392
  • -Receive: 316
« Reply #121 on: July 18, 2016, 01:27:33 pm »
I don't know too much about Evos, but I'm sure their service schedule is every 6 months or something. I'd be looking for a car with loads of receipts and a full service record. From everything I've read, running an Evo would cost lots more than a GTI or even a mk6 R or S3.

I personally love them, I'd love to own one, but as I know practically nothing about them compared to VAG stuff, I've steered clear.

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #122 on: July 18, 2016, 01:35:59 pm »
Yeah I personally think it's dodgy as he has a few reciepts which is worrying so no service history as to what's been done and what's been replaced although the body work looks okay. I'll steer clear of this one thanks

I would prefer an S3 but maybe a little out of my range lol

Offline Octoparrot

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 100
    • Email
« Reply #123 on: July 18, 2016, 08:24:45 pm »
Ask yourself how many fastidious owners don't bother keeping receipts.  :thinking:

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #124 on: July 18, 2016, 08:40:24 pm »
Have you read the above advert where so much has been done but there's no proof of it?. how can one believe a total stranger unless he was like most of us who have build threads and parts to show what's being bought and fitted? @Octoparrot

Offline fazi123

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 12
    • Email
« Reply #125 on: July 18, 2016, 11:15:16 pm »
I personally think you should keep the GTI. You've done a load of maintenance on it, and it'd be a shame if you sold up having bought all the mods already, only to then buy a dog of a car and have to spend loads all over again!

Just my opinion though.

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #126 on: July 18, 2016, 11:40:27 pm »
You know what @fazi123 your right bro, all that hard work to have to sell it for monkey nuts to some lucky bas**** who gets a clean example of a golf gti from the hands of someone who takes care of it like a baby isn't right. I'm going to fit the bcs down pipe and cat milltek cat back and go for a remap and see which mo fo messes with me on the streets then.  :signLOL:

Offline Dan_FR

• Thank You
  • -Given: 132
  • -Receive: 189
  • wait...what?
    • Email
« Reply #127 on: July 19, 2016, 08:00:35 am »
Ask yourself how many fastidious owners don't bother keeping receipts.  :thinking:
Exactly this! I've no intention of selling mine for a few years yet I keep every receipt for parts/service items bought and just throw them in to a folder.

Would you believe an engine was forged or had significant head work done without proof? I know I wouldn't.

Sadly you cannot trust anybody when it comes to buying and selling - too many people out there only interested in making a quick buck.
TFSI... Revo Stage 2+... . WMI.... VCDS HEX + CAN, MPPS, VAG Commander & VAG tacho - South Wales

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #128 on: July 19, 2016, 08:44:32 am »
Exactly this! I've no intention of selling mine for a few years yet I keep every receipt for parts/service items bought and just throw them in to a folder.

Would you believe an engine was forged or had significant head work done without proof? I know I wouldn't.

Sadly you cannot trust anybody when it comes to buying and selling - too many people out there only interested in making a quick buck.
This is what I was worried about quick buck with all the lies about missing paper work and I was never going to sell the car blah blah blah.
I definitely think he's not being honest as moving house garage whatever it is you'd triple check you've got everything and then check again.

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #129 on: July 19, 2016, 07:03:26 pm »
A few more on my list of do's

Vibra technics subframe bushes

Whiteline adjustable drop links

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #130 on: July 20, 2016, 08:31:24 pm »
Exhaust system almost complete and here's my latest addition the BCS down pipe and sports cat.

Offline white91

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 13
    • Email
« Reply #131 on: July 20, 2016, 11:56:20 pm »
Exhaust system almost complete and here's my latest addition the BCS down pipe and sports cat.

Looks good, eBay?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #132 on: July 21, 2016, 06:53:02 am »

Looks good, eBay?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thanks, nice fella off this forum  :smiley:

Offline raz469

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 12
« Reply #133 on: July 21, 2016, 01:23:28 pm »
Nice updates dude, got similar plans for mine. How'd you get on with the mount? Love the exhaust. Pm sent

Offline lukemk5gti

• Thank You
  • -Given: 28
  • -Receive: 118
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,89715.msg907250.html#msg907250
« Reply #134 on: July 21, 2016, 01:27:41 pm »
You picked up a GFB back in January, ever get around to installing it?