Make a donation

Author Topic: R5GTT'S Cars rapid  (Read 244043 times)

Offline r5gtt

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 342
  • -Receive: 334
Re: R5GTT'S TFSI OEM +
« Reply #405 on: August 31, 2016, 11:18:36 pm »
My newest edition to the familk of mods  :signLOL:

HPFP protector plate £35.36 delivered to the UK

Offline Dan_FR

• Thank You
  • -Given: 132
  • -Receive: 189
  • wait...what?
    • Email
« Reply #406 on: August 31, 2016, 11:40:44 pm »
How much!? :rolleye:

£35 for a small piece of steel with a couple of holes drilled?  :signLOL: :doh:
TFSI... Revo Stage 2+... . WMI.... VCDS HEX + CAN, MPPS, VAG Commander & VAG tacho - South Wales

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #407 on: September 01, 2016, 12:24:03 am »
 :signLOL: @Dan_FR I had to do it as I'm keeping the cover for now and don't fancy a broken hpfp  :grin:

Offline Dan_FR

• Thank You
  • -Given: 132
  • -Receive: 189
  • wait...what?
    • Email
« Reply #408 on: September 01, 2016, 06:47:47 am »
That's one thing I've never needed budyy so I'm afraid not. Read your post on TFSI Tuning last night - really sh*t thing for someone to do
TFSI... Revo Stage 2+... . WMI.... VCDS HEX + CAN, MPPS, VAG Commander & VAG tacho - South Wales

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #409 on: September 01, 2016, 09:07:11 am »
I'm gutted I've been stiffed :doh:

he's un blocked me and replying now but who knows what his intentions are as ive just mentioned him on a public forum  :signLOL:

Offline lukemk5gti

• Thank You
  • -Given: 28
  • -Receive: 118
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,89715.msg907250.html#msg907250
« Reply #410 on: September 01, 2016, 09:39:50 am »

That's outrageous for that piece of steel. You could have knocked that shape out of some 6mm plate in about 5 minutes!!!

Offline Paradox1

• Thank You
  • -Given: 41
  • -Receive: 82
    • Email
« Reply #411 on: September 01, 2016, 09:59:00 am »
@Dan_FR can you or anyone recommend a place that repairs calipers as this one is far gone and been drilled down way too far for the bleed nipple to lock down now looking further into it from the second picture.

Thanks

I got a friend up north who can do it for you. will see if he can do it after I send him some pics

Otherwise theres Dave B, im not sure of his profile name on here but I'll link you to his ebay page so you can message him if you like?

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #412 on: September 01, 2016, 10:39:14 am »

That's outrageous for that piece of steel. You could have knocked that shape out of some 6mm plate in about 5 minutes!!!
That's how it works mate. Diesel Egr delete plate similar price and little mods can be costly especially if no one else ie chinese have them on the market for a fiver  :signLOL:

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #413 on: September 01, 2016, 10:43:56 am »
@Dan_FR can you or anyone recommend a place that repairs calipers as this one is far gone and been drilled down way too far for the bleed nipple to lock down now looking further into it from the second picture.

Thanks

I got a friend up north who can do it for you. will see if he can do it after I send him some pics

Otherwise theres Dave B, im not sure of his profile name on here but I'll link you to his ebay page so you can message him if you like?
I'm beginning to distrust people again  :doh: ffs what's wrong with the people of this world.

let me know mate  :drinking:

Offline ducman77

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 59
  • -Receive: 55
« Reply #414 on: September 01, 2016, 02:00:17 pm »
Gutted for you about the brakes mate :surprised: :sad1:  :surprised:
So not cool at all :sad1:

Try not and loose faith...

I've had some bad luck buying bits and pieces on the Internet.....

But overall it's been a really positive experience. Especially when you purchase from other forum members. I tend to shy away from anyone other than trusted suppliers on eBay etc and if I'm buying from individuals try to stick to forum members.

The only problem with this approach is that it limits your access to parts....

Anyways. Sounds like Paradox1 hopefully has a plan for you :smiley: :happy2:

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #415 on: September 01, 2016, 03:04:21 pm »

But overall it's been a really positive experience. Especially when you purchase from other forum members. I tend to shy away from anyone other than trusted suppliers on eBay etc and if I'm buying from individuals try to stick to forum members.

Hi mate thanks for your message. Yes it's quite shocking when someone dies this kind of thing or something like this happens to someone.
The guy has this morning unblocked me from FB and offered a full refund as he cannot get help and advise off there now and his name has been tarnished so I have to undo this by deleting the posts and apologising.
What really gets me is he blocks me and says he switched off everything whatever that means. I believe he blocked me as that's what happens when it says you cannot reply to this conversation. and also his display picture in the little circle disappears and turns grey lol

I'll be going to collect my refund on Sunday where we originally met at London city airport so wish me luck  :scared: taking a family ever with me just to be safe.

Oddly enough he read my messages then blocked me but when reading the posts on FB tfsi page he contacted me immediately  :confused: saying he's upset that I've put that up as he's not a scamming type of person. I asked him 4 times why he blocked me and finally got the answer above which is more so strange as you just don't do that regardless imho

Thanks

Offline ducman77

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 59
  • -Receive: 55
« Reply #416 on: September 01, 2016, 03:18:16 pm »
All very strange and sounds a bit fishy :confused:

I'm just pleased to hear you're getting a refund :happy2:

In all fairness a full refund is exactly what's required as the brakes are not fit for purpose.

Hopefully you'll just get your hard earned back, and put the whole sorry episode behind you; while at the same time moving on and putting a nice new set of stoppers (from a more reliable source) in front of you :smiley: :happy2: :laugh:

Offline raz469

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 12
R5GTT'S TFSI OEM +
« Reply #417 on: September 01, 2016, 04:37:03 pm »

Hi mate thanks for your message. Yes it's quite shocking when someone dies this kind of thing or something like this happens to someone.
The guy has this morning unblocked me from FB and offered a full refund as he cannot get help and advise off there now and his name has been tarnished so I have to undo this by deleting the posts and apologising.
What really gets me is he blocks me and says he switched off everything whatever that means. I believe he blocked me as that's what happens when it says you cannot reply to this conversation. and also his display picture in the little circle disappears and turns grey lol

I'll be going to collect my refund on Sunday where we originally met at London city airport so wish me luck  :scared: taking a family ever with me just to be safe.

Oddly enough he read my messages then blocked me but when reading the posts on FB tfsi page he contacted me immediately  :confused: saying he's upset that I've put that up as he's not a scamming type of person. I asked him 4 times why he blocked me and finally got the answer above which is more so strange as you just don't do that regardless imho

Thanks

Get your money back and move on
« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 09:42:16 pm by raz469 »

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #418 on: September 01, 2016, 06:07:40 pm »
He said he got them back and they just sat there and he didn't even look at them. Unless you're a fool like me your going to check if the paint looks okay or maybe he's like me and trusted the guy who painted them enough to not look at them. He said hey just sat in the box.

ANYWAY HE'S REFUNDED ME IN FULL

Just got to give the calipers discs lines back.

Offline AJP

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 392
  • -Receive: 316
« Reply #419 on: September 01, 2016, 08:16:19 pm »
He said he got them back and they just sat there and he didn't even look at them. Unless you're a fool like me your going to check if the paint looks okay or maybe he's like me and trusted the guy who painted them enough to not look at them. He said hey just sat in the box.

ANYWAY HE'S REFUNDED ME IN FULL

Just got to give the calipers discs lines back.
Glad you got your cash back mate. What a pain ey!