Make a donation

Author Topic: R5GTT'S Cars rapid  (Read 244141 times)

Offline r5gtt

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 342
  • -Receive: 334
Re: R5GTT'S TFSI OEM +
« Reply #420 on: September 01, 2016, 09:31:54 pm »
He said he got them back and they just sat there and he didn't even look at them. Unless you're a fool like me your going to check if the paint looks okay or maybe he's like me and trusted the guy who painted them enough to not look at them. He said hey just sat in the box.

ANYWAY HE'S REFUNDED ME IN FULL

Just got to give the calipers discs lines back.
Glad you got your cash back mate. What a pain ey!
Thanks dude won't be buying anything without hard core inspection unless new now. people can tell you so much bullsh*t and in the end he should have just refunder me without the headache.. :doh:

Offline AJP

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 392
  • -Receive: 316
« Reply #421 on: September 01, 2016, 09:38:04 pm »
He said he got them back and they just sat there and he didn't even look at them. Unless you're a fool like me your going to check if the paint looks okay or maybe he's like me and trusted the guy who painted them enough to not look at them. He said hey just sat in the box.

Thanks dude won't be buying anything without hard core inspection unless new now. people can tell you so much bullsh*t and in the end he should have just refunder me without the headache.. :doh:
Yeah it's a tricky one because it's the community that makes the VW game what it is, and without this community owning cars like a GTI wouldn't be half as fun. But every now and then some of us get let down. From the sounds of it I'd say he was just a bit negligent in making sure you got what he advertised, rather than an intentional scam, but all the same it's no fun when you're sat there with scrap and you're down on money!

It'll all come good in the end pal. It'd be no fun if it was all plain sailing!

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #422 on: September 02, 2016, 09:24:39 am »

Yeah it's a tricky one because it's the community that makes the VW game what it is, and without this community owning cars like a GTI wouldn't be half as fun. But every now and then some of us get let down. From the sounds of it I'd say he was just a bit negligent in making sure you got what he advertised, rather than an intentional scam, but all the same it's no fun when you're sat there with scrap and you're down on money!

It'll all come good in the end pal. It'd be no fun if it was all plain sailing!
A bit silly for not checking them before selling don't you think. I didn't check over fully ie pull the tissue out of the bleed nipple holes as I recall him saying they're in there to stop the fluid from coming out and me agreeing like a clown after taking one out and thinking shi* my hands are going to get dirty and then it'll be all over the clots and car  :doh: Should have really checked them all but being a trusting person I didn't bother and we got chatting and chatting and then the money got transferred and the bits in my boot and we said our good byes and I didn't check them again as I went out with my family and got home quite late.
When I finally realised the bleed nipple was snapped I still didn't click on to the part where it was drilled right down and there was no way of saving it until two days ago  :slap: but I had already made a suggestion for him to give something back toward the repair costs and he's reply he'll try and get some money back but not what I wanted to hear as I bought them off him not the guy who painted them. Made that clear to him and no reply all day so I sent another reply saying will have to mention this on the tfsi forum as you're not willing to refund some of the money back as in all honesty he is responsible for any issues that arise. That's when he blocked me on FB  :surprised: and I got pis*** and blurted it put on FB. the next day he replied but wasn't a happy person as he's reputation is now on the line and he won't be able to get advice or show his face there so agreed to refund full amount after all that  :phew:. All he had to do was say I'll sort you out with your money end of not play silly buggers and make up excuses.

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #423 on: September 02, 2016, 05:26:13 pm »
Genuine R8 coil packs and hpfp cover fitted  :smiley:
Tried doing the RS4 fpv but failed as the whole inlet does need removing although I did manage to loosen the pipe to hpfp nut but that was a b****   :phew:

« Last Edit: September 03, 2016, 09:55:38 am by r5gtt »

Offline AJP

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #424 on: September 03, 2016, 09:48:03 am »
Genuine R8 coil packs and hpfp cover fitted  :smiley:
Tried doing the RS4 fpv but failed as the whole inlet does need removing although I did manage to loosen the pipe to hpfp nut but that was a b****  hew:

Have you got the uprated internals fitted mate?

Can't blame you for fitting that cover anyway, it's crying out to get damaged whenever the engine cover comes off. Typical "oh don't worry about that" VW design!

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #425 on: September 03, 2016, 09:58:40 am »
Yes fitted the internals last week mate. have you not read my build thread posts?. also not just taking the cover off but also the vibrations from the cover too   :scared: ordered a CAI now so will do away with the cover shortly.  :smiley:

Offline lukemk5gti

• Thank You
  • -Given: 28
  • -Receive: 118
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,89715.msg907250.html#msg907250
« Reply #426 on: September 03, 2016, 10:47:54 am »
You going to keep stock pcv or you got plans to change out?

Offline AJP

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #427 on: September 03, 2016, 10:58:44 am »
Yes fitted the internals last week mate. have you not read my build thread posts?. also not just taking the cover off but also the vibrations from the cover too   :scared: ordered a CAI now so will do away with the cover shortly.  :smiley:
I probably did read it but my memory is terrible! What intake are you going for? Hopefully you don't get the same issues as before. I'm interested to find out how it affects things at low revs, and if the mapping then improves it if indeed it reduces response and torque off boost.

Should be a well sorted setup in the end. Pump and downpipe especially are must do mods!

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #428 on: September 03, 2016, 11:48:18 am »
Staying stock atm why do you ask?.

Offline lukemk5gti

• Thank You
  • -Given: 28
  • -Receive: 118
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,89715.msg907250.html#msg907250
« Reply #429 on: September 03, 2016, 11:50:43 am »

No reason... Just saw the stock one in your photo!

I figure there's no end to your mods in sight so wanted to know if that was to be done down the line!

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #430 on: September 03, 2016, 11:54:36 am »
I probably did read it but my memory is terrible! What intake are you going for? Hopefully you don't get the same issues as before. I'm interested to find out how it affects things at low revs, and if the mapping then improves it if indeed it reduces response and torque off boost.

Should be a well sorted setup in the end. Pump and downpipe especially are must do mods!
I'm the one with the terrible memory  :stupid:
I'm going for a Ramair CAI thus time and if I still get the same issue as before and thr map doesn't sort it out I'm clueless and out of ideas of what it could be as dv is spot on :thinking:

Thanks mate will obviously report all findings as and when  :happy2:

Offline AJP

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #431 on: September 03, 2016, 12:18:41 pm »

I'm going for a Ramair CAI thus time and if I still get the same issue as before and thr map doesn't sort it out I'm clueless and out of ideas of what it could be as dv is spot on :thinking:

Ramair is quite popular, decent price too. Are you getting the oversize one? I might go for the Revo intake when I eventually get round to it. I like the fact it has less joins in it. Aint cheap though!

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #432 on: September 03, 2016, 12:33:37 pm »

No reason... Just saw the stock one in your photo!

I figure there's no end to your mods in sight so wanted to know if that was to be done down the line!
Thats virtually new so won't bother and with the headache of venting the gases out and thought of it I ain't going ro bother. Dan_fr said I don't need a catch can otherwise I was going to do the whole lot pcv delete into catch can if that makes sense?.

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #433 on: September 03, 2016, 12:35:52 pm »

Ramair is quite popular, decent price too. Are you getting the oversize one? I might go for the Revo intake when I eventually get round to it. I like the fact it has less joins in it. Aint cheap though!
YeAh I did have the over sized one with the Neuspeed P-flow pipe but it was way too big for the space so had to cram it in which tore a little bit of sponge off it  :doh: it's the jsk 101 off ebay.

I did have a look at the revo but was mega over stupidly priced  :slap:
« Last Edit: September 03, 2016, 12:40:10 pm by r5gtt »

Offline Paradox1

• Thank You
  • -Given: 41
  • -Receive: 82
    • Email
« Reply #434 on: September 05, 2016, 11:57:54 am »
Hurry up and get your car ready so we can get it mapped!!!

Im going to pester you everyday until you do