Make a donation

Author Topic: Bugger - Crashed the GTI on sunday!  (Read 37556 times)

Offline r5gtt

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 342
  • -Receive: 334
Re: Bugger - Crashed the GTI on sunday!
« Reply #135 on: February 04, 2016, 12:21:07 pm »
Would have been ice to see what damage was caused and how the repair turns out but still it's coming along  :happy2:

The garage took some photos.  I shall see if i can get them off them when and if i pick the car up today.
Yes usually give you a file with pictures if you ask nicely as I did when a twat came ploughing into my tt back in 2013.

Hope you like the end result.

Fingers crossed.

Juts rang them and it's going to be tomorrow now.  Definitely they say.

I shall be in their office at 12pm sharp to demand it back...:)

It's been 23 days now!
Not another one of those flecking companies oh it'll be ready tomorrow sir. no tomorrow sir. oh actually tomorrow ad we're missing the hub sir. here you go sir your car is ready and you see all the dull paint work and trims broken in the car. no sir we do that it was like that when it came in. No it wasn't. yes it was and then it's a complaint and things go wrong they take the car in paint the quarter agsin and feck up the roof by polishing it but we didn't do that sir it was like that. no it wasn't. then they take it back in 1 month of pissing around with 20 calls to the insurance company about the repair being shoddy and when you finally get the car back, paint is still sh*te but you're fed up and realise another inside panel is broken  :signLOL: what a beech of a time I had with my last claim.

Good luck  :happy2:

Offline Greenman

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 12
  • Life is not a straight line!
« Reply #136 on: February 04, 2016, 12:33:09 pm »
Would have been ice to see what damage was caused and how the repair turns out but still it's coming along  :happy2:

The garage took some photos.  I shall see if i can get them off them when and if i pick the car up today.
Yes usually give you a file with pictures if you ask nicely as I did when a twat came ploughing into my tt back in 2013.

Fingers crossed.

It's been 23 days now!
Not another one of those flecking companies oh it'll be ready tomorrow sir. no tomorrow sir. oh actually tomorrow ad we're missing the hub sir. here you go sir your car is ready and you see all the dull paint work and trims broken in the car. no sir we do that it was like that when it came in. No it wasn't. yes it was and then it's a complaint and things go wrong they take the car in paint the quarter agsin and feck up the roof by polishing it but we didn't do that sir it was like that. no it wasn't. then they take it back in 1 month of pissing around with 20 calls to the insurance company about the repair being shoddy and when you finally get the car back, paint is still sh*te but you're fed up and realise another inside panel is broken  :signLOL: what a beech of a time I had with my last claim.

Cheers man.

I won't accept it until i'm happy with it.

I went into their office on tuesday and the bloke on the counter looked like jabba the hut, i was a little worried he had eaten the car and i would never see it again...:(

Right miserable f*cker he is!
Steel Grey 2006 Mk5 GTI - R-TECH Stage 1 (268bhp/334ftlb) - BCS Cat Back - Pre-Cat Delete - Carbonio Panel Filter - Rev G DV - 18" BBS CH - Leather - RNS510 - Colour Coded Bumpers and Skirts - ED30 Front Splitter - Eibach Sportlines - Open Fog Grilles - Wind Deflectors.

Offline Greenman

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #137 on: February 05, 2016, 02:30:27 pm »
The beast is back.

I have my golf back in all it's shining glory.

The repair centre took near on a month but they have done a really good job.  Spray work etc is spot on, wheel is fine and they even done laser tracking and valeted the car.

So glad to be rid of the fiesta loan car.

I asked for pics and they are going to email them to me next week apparently.  If they do i shall post them up here.

Repair centre manager said when he took it on a test drive that it's the fastest golf that he has ever driven, but he would keep that a secret!

Not that it matters, as i have mods declared now at an extra cost of £60 a month!

:)
« Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 02:32:23 pm by Greenman »
Steel Grey 2006 Mk5 GTI - R-TECH Stage 1 (268bhp/334ftlb) - BCS Cat Back - Pre-Cat Delete - Carbonio Panel Filter - Rev G DV - 18" BBS CH - Leather - RNS510 - Colour Coded Bumpers and Skirts - ED30 Front Splitter - Eibach Sportlines - Open Fog Grilles - Wind Deflectors.

Offline Dan_FR

• Thank You
  • -Given: 132
  • -Receive: 189
  • wait...what?
    • Email
« Reply #138 on: February 05, 2016, 02:35:52 pm »
A month? You posted up on the 19th Jan that you had done it the Sunday before?  :signLOL:

Either way, glad it's back and right first time - very often isn't the case with insurance repair work
TFSI... Revo Stage 2+... . WMI.... VCDS HEX + CAN, MPPS, VAG Commander & VAG tacho - South Wales

Offline Callum45

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 8
    • Email
« Reply #139 on: February 05, 2016, 02:36:39 pm »
The beast is back.

The repair centre took near on a month but they have done a really good job.  Spray work etc is spot on, wheel is fine and they even done laser tracking and valeted the car.

I asked for pics and they are going to email them to me next week apparently.  If they do i shall post them up here.

Repair centre manager said when he took it on a test drive that it's the fastest golf that he has ever driven, but he would keep that a secret!

Not that it matters, as i have mods declared now at an extra cost of £60 a month!

So basically he has admitted to taking your pride and joy out and hammering the life out of it?

Seems like a great garage that.

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #140 on: February 05, 2016, 02:38:32 pm »

Fingers crossed.

It's been 23 days now!

Cheers man.

I won't accept it until i'm happy with it.

I went into their office on tuesday and the bloke on the counter looked like jabba the hut, i was a little worried he had eaten the car and i would never see it again...:(

Right miserable f*cker he is!
Maybe he swollowed it down for afters  :signLOL:

I had a good old fight with the repaired that took my car in but failed as I had other problems at the time and the car was least of my worries. The insurance company offered £300 pounds as good will but I accidently ticked the wrong box and lost out. The colour wasn't right and looked a little misty but 2 years on and sold it on and the guy who bought it didn't even test drive the car as he said he trusted my word that it's a good car ad has had £1000's spent on its upkeep and maintenance so was happy at that.

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #141 on: February 05, 2016, 02:39:10 pm »
A month? You posted up on the 19th Jan that you had done it the Sunday before?  :signLOL:

Either way, glad it's back and right first time - very often isn't the case with insurance repair work
I did think that was a quick month  :signLOL:

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #142 on: February 05, 2016, 02:42:28 pm »
The beast is back.

They have to test drive it to make sure the car drives as it should although he shouldn't be hammering your pride and joy about  :stupid: garage people. can't trust the bastar** hence I never use um. TTS that's have been mapped can have valet mode so no abusing when it's in for any work  :wink:

Offline Greenman

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #143 on: February 05, 2016, 02:50:33 pm »

Only declared exhaust and suspension not re-map last week.

Sorry, £60 a year.

I am typing these posts whilst also having loads of teachers come to me with issues so my brain gets a little confused sometimes.

Offline Greenman

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #144 on: February 05, 2016, 02:51:29 pm »
The beast is back.

So basically he has admitted to taking your pride and joy out and hammering the life out of it?

Seems like a great garage that.

This is true.

But f*ck it as i have it back now.

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
« Reply #145 on: February 06, 2016, 08:05:06 pm »
bet that is the longest month of your life but worth the wait if your happy with the repair

Offline Greenman

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #146 on: February 07, 2016, 02:18:00 pm »
bet that is the longest month of your life but worth the wait if your happy with the repair

It was.  Saved me a few bob on petrol though...;)

Just need to sort the tail happy issues now!