Make a donation

Author Topic: Volkswagen Sirocco GT 2.0 TSI (Petrol,Manuel) - Advise Needed!!  (Read 2779 times)

Cem99

Hi All,

I have a 59 plate Volkswagen Sirocco GT 2.0 TSI manuel gear box. i have had an ongoing issue with it over the last 2 months. I took the car to my uncle who is a qualified mechanic and has a VAG-Com diagnostic machine we scanned the vehicle and it came up with 2 fault codes 1.engine fuel bank 1 error and 2 all cylinders came back misfire detected.  we researched the fault codes and was advised to change the oxygen sensor and checked all the intake system for leaks.  we changed the sensor but unfotunately this made no change to the way the vehicle was running.  the vehicle is still running really rough and the engine is running to rich.  everytime the vehicle comes to a stop the vehicle will increase revs on its own (up to around 2000 revs) and idles back after 30 seconds. Two days ago as i was driving home from work the engine managment light came on which lead to the car not idling correctly. When i stopped the engine was rumbling and making a nasty squeeking noise. As i tried to pull off the car had no power and it felt like the car was going to stall at this time i also noticed that the EPC light came on. I managed to get the car to my uncles house and we plugged the car back on the diganostic machine to see what fault codes would come up.

Can anybody please give some advice on the fault codes listed below?

Engine - Status Malfunction (9 faults found)

004506 - Fuel Pressure Sensor (G247) (P119A) - Malfunction
001088 - EVAP Emission Control System (P0441) - Incorrect Flow
000768 - Random/Multiple Cylinder Misfire Dectected (P0300) - Intermittent
000769 - Cylinder 1 (P0301) - Misfire Detected - Intermittent
000770 - Cylinder 2 (P0302) - Misfire Detected - Intermittent
000771 - Cylinder 3 (P0303) - Misfire Detected - Intermittent
000772 - Cylinder 4 (P0304) - Misfire Detected - Intermittent
004874 - Cylinder Disabling (P130A) - Intermittent

I have all the freeze frame information for each fault code if needed i can provide.

Thanks

Cem

Offline trackep

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 3
Re: Volkswagen Sirocco GT 2.0 TSI (Petrol,Manuel) - Advise Needed!!
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2016, 02:36:26 pm »
Timing jumped? These engines can have problems with the timing chain tensioner.

Offline mdmay

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 38
  • -Receive: 14
    • Email
Re: Volkswagen Sirocco GT 2.0 TSI (Petrol,Manuel) - Advise Needed!!
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2016, 11:23:07 am »
This could be a pcv failure

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

Regards,

Mike