Make a donation

Author Topic: Bilt Hamber Double Speed-Wax  (Read 2748 times)

Offline H18Golf

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 10
    • Email
Bilt Hamber Double Speed-Wax
« on: April 04, 2016, 05:02:31 pm »
Hi folks,

Just looking for a bit of advice from the detailing guys in the know out there.

I have been reading a lot about this bilt hamber double speed-wax product recently and quite fancy using it.  Due to a dodgy shoulder I cannot polish my car but get my mate to do this with his machine polisher once a year.  What I generally do is give my car a wash and wipe it down and then put a coat of Sonax quick detailer on.  This generally gives me good beading, and the car looks great.

I'm thinking of using the bilt hamber product a few times a year in-between the quick detailer.  My question is, is this a waste of time and should I just stick to the quick detailer, or do I go ahead with what I'm thinking?

The reason I reckon I could get away with using this and not hurting myself is the reviews I have read say the bilt hamber wax is very easy to remove with a microfiber towel.

As always, your help is greatly appreciated.   :happy2:

Offline suave

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 31
  • -Receive: 3
Re: Bilt Hamber Double Speed-Wax
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2016, 09:30:32 pm »
I've not used this wax but if you're only getting your car waxed once a year I'd go for Collinite 476. It's very good for price (around £15) and it lasts ages - 12 months claimed on the tin. It's really easy to use and spread thin it'll come off dead easy too.

Other hand stick to your quick detailer - will provide some protection and add shine and is really easily wiped off with a good mf cloth

Offline AJP

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 392
  • -Receive: 316
Re: Bilt Hamber Double Speed-Wax
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2016, 10:09:24 pm »
Is it just the one dodgy shoulder? If this is anything like Autoglym HD you could do it with your other arm.

I managed it while my good one was in a sling.