Make a donation

Author Topic: Ticking noise.  (Read 10351 times)

Offline Gene Hunt

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 59
  • -Receive: 61
    • Email
Re: Ticking noise.
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2010, 07:33:14 pm »
yeah its a belt. i believe the new tsi engines have a chain, so is much stronger

Belt is on one side, the cam chain is on the other.  The chain is just between the two cams on the HPFP side of the engine. :happy2:
........correct,had to have mine replaced.
ED35. Standard factory condition.

Offline Richn83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 85
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2010, 02:37:31 pm »
Im pretty sure the, GTI engine CCTA - CBFA engine codes are fully chain driven, unless this PDF ive been reading is wrong?
[pdf]http://www.arinahnell.com/other/vw/tech/20tsi.pdf[/pdf]

5Dr Black GTI, DSG, Leather, Xenons. Retrofitted - Cruise, RNS 510, MFSW, Armrest, Skoda BT, 6cd changer, Monza II's, VW speaker upgrade kit, Lux pack, High-line, new CAN gateway, Polar FIS info display, R32 tinted rear lights, RVC

To Come...NQSBBK, highline CCM.

Offline Russ_leeds

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 16
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2010, 11:12:04 pm »
yeah thats wat i was on about. i read sumwhere it was
Black 2007 gti, 18' monza 2, sat-nav, highline, i-pod dock, armrest, 35mm H&R springs, WALK, BCS tbe, autotech front and rear arbs, ITG maxogen, NQSBBK... and more to come

Offline ub7rm

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 35
  • -Receive: 43
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2010, 07:50:06 am »
Thats the mk6 GTI engine.

Mk5 uses the EA113 family of engines and has a belt on the left and a chain on the right  :happy2:
Sepang Blue S4 BE Avant

Offline Richn83

• Thank You
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2010, 09:57:35 am »
Hmmmm, your probably right, as most posts ive just searched for show AXX or BWA codes for the MK5 engines.  Yet the PDF full link http://www.arinahnell.com/other/vw/tech/20tsi.pdf (so its a bit bigger) only shows peak power as 200, not the 211 of the revised engine.

I had also used this to determine that the engine had a turbo cooling function, I have still been running the engine at idle for a minute or so after a spirited drive, but safe in the knowledge that if need be the car would protect itself.  So assuming you are right and this is the newer engine do the older ones still have the cooling bypass for the turbo?

Since my last post, had a further look on-line, and found this http://www.eb-bruehl.com/files/mtz_zylinderkurbelgehaeuse_engl.pdf so the pdf above as ub7rm stated is the new EA888 crankcase as both balance shafts are integrated into the crankcase, where as the EA113 had the secondary balance shaft added on down-near the sump.

Does anyone have a link to a similar document on the EA113 engine I can geek on?  :jumping:
« Last Edit: February 25, 2010, 10:16:42 am by Richn83 »

5Dr Black GTI, DSG, Leather, Xenons. Retrofitted - Cruise, RNS 510, MFSW, Armrest, Skoda BT, 6cd changer, Monza II's, VW speaker upgrade kit, Lux pack, High-line, new CAN gateway, Polar FIS info display, R32 tinted rear lights, RVC

Offline Richn83

• Thank You
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2010, 10:44:46 am »
Im about to answer my own question! and I know this has all got rather off topic but the link below is a similar document for the AXX or EA113 series engine, has some very interesting info in about turbo operations, forced cooling to stop carbonisation of turbine, and also duel fuel injection into the cylinders at cold start to warm up CAT, and pre-startup pressurisation of the fuel on opening the drivers door, to reduce engine start times.

All very geeky I know! :ashamed:

http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/golfgoodies/mk5golfengine.pdf