Make a donation

Author Topic: What is it with Seat Leon drivers?  (Read 15160 times)

Offline Poverty

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 21
Re: What is it with Seat Leon drivers?
« Reply #60 on: February 24, 2010, 05:48:13 pm »

What this dash???? 

i actually reckon that looks better than the current cupra interior.  Love the cupra from the outside but couldnt stand the inside. 

I agree, my money was almost down on a K1 in black with black wheels 10 months ago but I just couldn't because of the interior quality.  I'm told the facelift has improved plastic quality?

facelift interior is better, shame about the new front end though.

Thing is the leon interior is just as good/bad as that of the focus and astra which it competes against.

So tell me lads, if you had 20k, would you buy the cupra, the astra vxr or the focus ST?

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #61 on: February 24, 2010, 06:04:21 pm »
before i bought mine i test drove the Golf GTI, Cupra, Astra VXR, focus ST, mazda 3 MPS and a diesel octavia vRS. 

im not a huge fan of the golf anyway, but wanted to try the engine as it was the same as the vRS petrol.  hated the VXR apart from its pace. Liked the drive from the cupra, absolutely loved everything about the ST, hated the interior and drab style of the MPS, loved the interior and shape of the vRS but wasnt keen on the diesel engine.

The result was either going to be a an ST, cupra or petrol vRS.  the ST was really common in germany, so my thoughts the vRS as it would remap past the cupra with no issues, damn i wish i knew about the turbo differences.

Offline RobH

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 9
  • Revo stg 2+
« Reply #62 on: February 24, 2010, 07:04:44 pm »
Dont see where this threads going tbh, it started out as rather subjective anyway and now its just handbags, doent entirely see the reason it was brought back up either :stupid:. I aint bothered about the crappy interior, the solid engine mount soon gets rid of it anyway :signLOL:.

Offline bowie

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #63 on: February 25, 2010, 12:00:57 am »
[quote Not in the old ones - exactly the same. I used to own one and have been in an S3.
[/quote]

Not exactly the same materials. Shape yes. Materials were much much better. Had two S3s and three friends with Cupra Rs.

Chris.
2010 Golf R DSG. Reflex. 3dr.

Offline Richn83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 85
« Reply #64 on: February 25, 2010, 10:54:20 am »
Very fair point RobH, and the thing is all of us are on here through a love of fast cars, and driving.  And this is all about some un-tasteful driving and nothing to do with the car they were in.  I will retract my leon interior statement, as it was at least on a par with audi's of the time, and we all know they do good interiors.

5Dr Black GTI, DSG, Leather, Xenons. Retrofitted - Cruise, RNS 510, MFSW, Armrest, Skoda BT, 6cd changer, Monza II's, VW speaker upgrade kit, Lux pack, High-line, new CAN gateway, Polar FIS info display, R32 tinted rear lights, RVC

To Come...NQSBBK, highline CCM.