Make a donation

Author Topic: Carbon fibre mask  (Read 6079 times)

Offline Vick N

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Re: Carbon fibre mask
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2010, 11:28:35 pm »
Got it done by http://www.carboncars.co.uk/ . They have a place in S.Wales and Slough.  They also sell the stuff on ebay and Carbon Forza. 
To be honest, it did look fairly straight forward to do the mask once it was stripped.  Heat to soften the vinyl  but not too much when folding around tight edges. Too much heat and it loses its texture and just looks matt black and gets brittle , starting to melt at the edges.
The rear valance was very difficult to do in one piece.

On a side note, a lot of his business is carbon fibre products. He was showing me the moulds he'd just finished for s3/tt 1.8t & 350Z engine covers.

Chris.

Could you possibly take some more detailed pics of your front splitter head and from below please. I have some 3m carbon vinyl for the front lip but not sure where to finish it off, it would give me something t work too...

Thanks dude..

:notworthy:

Offline bowie

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2010, 11:50:20 pm »
I had exactly the same dilemma . Nobodys pics were taken from low and head on. I will take some tomorrow for you. We cut it at the bottom of the radius inside the lip so that it would follow the line out on either side. We only went underneath  about 2" but it would look better taken right back toward the end of the bumper .  Hope that makes sense. Pics tomorrow.

Chris.

« Last Edit: February 21, 2010, 10:48:16 pm by bowie »
2010 Golf R DSG. Reflex. 3dr.

Offline Vick N

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2010, 09:10:56 pm »
Cheers dude.l thats helps alot  :happy2: