Make a donation

Author Topic: ITG group buy ?  (Read 32755 times)

Offline JamesC

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 1
Re: ITG group buy ?
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2010, 09:39:10 pm »

Interested depending on price.

Thanks

Offline gobbleplease

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 64
  • -Receive: 48
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2010, 09:49:32 pm »
^^^ From speaking to them in the past a massive discount isn't likely but the more people we get the better the price  :happy2:

Yea i know, thats the thing when you have a good product you dont have to discount it.
I know a few people who were interested in stocking the ITG but didnt because ITG were offering pretty much Zero discount, it seems they are shooting their self in the foot a bit TBH, IMO if you want one its £350 like it or lump it.

Ah well we will see, im not going to order just now for a saving of £10 which tbh is all i can see happening but i will end up buying one when its time for an intake  
« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 09:59:57 pm by gobbleplease »
MK5 EDITION 30 - CW - REVO S2+ - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

MK7 GTI - ARRIVING DECEMBER

MK2 GTI - RB - 1.8T - GARAGE QUEEN

Offline SteveP

• Thank You
  • -Given: 117
  • -Receive: 340
    • My Project
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2010, 09:52:52 pm »
^^^ I know the trade discount on the kit is low but it's material cost is high as lots of the parts are custom made just for ITG.

IMHO 10% on the kit would be a good target discount.

Offline edd666999

• Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 89
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2010, 09:56:59 pm »
Tbh I agree with itg not dropping prices or offering discounts. If its a good product and people believe in the brand then I wouldn't mind paying full price...however if a discount can be arranged I would be interested!

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2010, 10:03:45 pm »
The relatively low profit margins when development and material costs are factored in is quite normal for products such as the ITG Maxogen and Forge Twintake. Also, a manufacturer cannot be expected to upset its retail distributors by significantly undercutting their prices to the consumer.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline pazz

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 7
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2010, 11:22:03 pm »
but it's material cost is high as lots of the parts are custom made just for ITG.

Material cost will not be high. Markup will be well over the 100% mark to cover the "research and design", which undoubtedly will carry the brunt of the products costs.

I've made custom intake's before (helps having a neighbour as a mechanical/fluid dyanmics engineer) and they arent expensive to make yourself once you have the spec. Just fiddly and extremely time consuming getting to the right spec.

But dont get me wrong, I dont blame ITG for charging a premium. We all know how good their filters are.

I just get the overall impression that the intake market for the MK5 Golf GTi is at the "early adopters" stage. The prices are still inflated imho. I suppose they need a return on their research and design investment.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 11:24:57 pm by pazz »

Offline bowie

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2010, 12:18:29 pm »
Tbh I agree with itg not dropping prices or offering discounts. If its a good product and people believe in the brand then I wouldn't mind paying full price

Does this apply if you were to buy a new car too ? If you really like it you shouldn't ask for a discount ?  I know the monies are poles apart but the principle still the same.

I'd probably be interested, price dependant.

Chris.
2010 Golf R DSG. Reflex. 3dr.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2010, 12:59:08 pm »
 :laugh:

I wonder how many people on car forums would ONLY buy a product if they could get a discount.

To my direct knowledge, ITG have been working on this intake for a very long time and their whole aim has been to produce an intake which delivers real gains in performance. They would have dumped the project when they felt they couldn't achieve results. Then their next consideration is whether they can produce it at a cost which is relatively competitive in its market for what it has to offer.

They have succeeded. If SteveP can get a discount that's very good, but does paying around £35 less really influence which intake you prefer on your car?

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline subaru26675

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2010, 01:11:48 pm »
Ok then, can we draw up a list of people who would be interested so that Steve can at least have an idea of the numbers when bargaining for a group discount with ITG.
If I can start the ball rolling :-

1. Subaru26675      Edition 30 (K04)

Offline cmdrfire

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 14
    • Commander Fire - my blog
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2010, 01:36:33 pm »
:laugh:

I wonder how many people on car forums would ONLY buy a product if they could get a discount.

To my direct knowledge, ITG have been working on this intake for a very long time and their whole aim has been to produce an intake which delivers real gains in performance. They would have dumped the project when they felt they couldn't achieve results. Then their next consideration is whether they can produce it at a cost which is relatively competitive in its market for what it has to offer.

They have succeeded. If SteveP can get a discount that's very good, but does paying around £35 less really influence which intake you prefer on your car?

Coming from the R&D field, I know it's important to get a proper return on investment (amortise the development costs, I think is the phrase...).
Nevertheless, that £35 saved (or whatever) is another seal bought for that bloody Karmann Ghia :P

So I'm interested, pending price/timescale considerations.

Y444GAR

« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2010, 02:43:52 pm »
1. Subaru26675      Edition 30 (K04)
2. Y444GAR           S3 8P (KO4)

Offline edd666999

• Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 89
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2010, 04:12:25 pm »
bowie there is a big difference between a 20k car and a £300 cai. Imo the biggest difference being competition, cars have masses of competition where as the itg has very little competition that gives the same gains...but I'm in no way against discount! I'd ask too but it wouldn't stop me buyin if they say no :D

Offline gobbleplease

• Thank You
  • -Given: 64
  • -Receive: 48
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2010, 05:34:55 pm »

1. Subaru26675      Edition 30 (K04)
2. Y444GAR           S3 8P (KO4)
3. gobbleplease     GTI K03
MK5 EDITION 30 - CW - REVO S2+ - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

MK7 GTI - ARRIVING DECEMBER