Make a donation

Author Topic: Anyone in Glasgow with an SPS switch  (Read 1060 times)

Offline no golf clubs at all

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 10
Anyone in Glasgow with an SPS switch
« on: February 25, 2010, 11:03:01 am »
Hi Gang, is there anyone in Glasgow or closeby with a REVO SPS switch?

Long story, but I bought it last year, fell out with the installer and demanded my money back. I think my mpg is suffering I have been regularly getting under 300 miles to a tank without having too much fun  :evilgrin:

That said, most tanks are spent on short journeys of 6-10 miles sadly. MPG improves markedly on long journeys.

I do not remember it being so bad BEFORE the revo, removal....just wondering if there has been some "buggeration" but the installer, setting levels so I get no performance and drink more juice?

Ok lol I MAY be paranoid (sorry), just wondered if the map is actually still there and I can tweak it.

I guess the easiest thing will be to get her back to VW and ask for a reflash of the ecu.

I've seen them on the bay for about £120, but dont want to spend it, cos I dont really want her remapped at all. (Hey, I am older than most of you ok! ...well apart from RedRobin that is lol), AND when I did have it realised that I would need the brakes upgraded as well to get the best from the map.

Offline SteveP

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 117
  • -Receive: 340
    • My Project
Re: Anyone in Glasgow with an SPS switch
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2010, 12:55:49 pm »

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2010, 02:23:22 pm »
 :laugh: well i never....should really check more than one section eh!  :drinking:

Offline gobbleplease

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 64
  • -Receive: 48
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2010, 05:52:55 pm »
Im getting under 300 miles to a tank without a remap, Very disapointed  :confused: tbh seems to be the norm, i was expecting 38mpg average, its more like 28 to 30
MK5 EDITION 30 - CW - REVO S2+ - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

MK7 GTI - ARRIVING DECEMBER

MK2 GTI - RB - 1.8T - GARAGE QUEEN

Offline Russ_leeds

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 16
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2010, 09:28:08 pm »
i do a lot of short journeys in a standard gti and i get bout 280 miles 2 a tank of tesco super? cant resist booting sumtimes :signLOL:
Black 2007 gti, 18' monza 2, sat-nav, highline, i-pod dock, armrest, 35mm H&R springs, WALK, BCS tbe, autotech front and rear arbs, ITG maxogen, NQSBBK... and more to come

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2010, 05:40:30 am »
Maybe there is nothing wrong after all.. Perhaps it's just cos it's so cold and I've got all the toys powered up. Seats, mirrors, rear window heat, ac on high, radio, big speaker in boot powered up. Was going to buy an sps to see if it detects the map. Perhaps I'll just let it go.

Offline VeeDubDan

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 7
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2010, 08:27:04 am »
My fuel consumption is down too.  Normally get 34-35mpg average but struggling to average much above 30 currently.  I've just put this down to the conditions and the extra demands put on the car.