Make a donation

Author Topic: New car - Few questions  (Read 974 times)

Offline Mayney

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 2
New car - Few questions
« on: November 18, 2019, 11:49:56 am »
Hi all,

Just picked up my 2nd edition 30 and i have noticed a couple of issues i could use some help with.

My new car has a full screen on the clocks so im guessing that means its highline? Unfortunately i have no way of controlling the screen at all... The car does not have MFSW or any buttons on the indicator or wiper stalks.

My previous ed30 had a stalk which allowed me to control the screen on the clocks but that screen was only half the size so im assuming it was midline or lowline.

This is something i wish i checked when buying the car but i forgot and it was a private sale so its too late to do anything about it now..

I want to be able to cycle the options on my clocks so what would be the best way to go about this? I have had a quick look at the thread on upgrading to highline with MFSW but i dont know what is fitted on the car at present.

I also have some issues with the intermittent wiper setting not working regardless on what speed/sensitivity the swtich is left on, the wipers sweep once when placing the stalk in that position but not at all afterwards..

Also the horn doesnt work... although i think i can sort this one myself tonight.

Cheers

Offline Ripstop

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 11
    • Email
Re: New car - Few questions
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2019, 12:59:11 pm »
I would get your car scanned with VCDS and see what you actually have. I am not sure why someone would have the Highline version of the clocks without an MFSW unless the clocks are a replacement or they sold on the original MFSW? All roads lead to VCDS and you may uncover some other interesting stuff.

The intermittent wiper setting is devils work as it depends on whether you have the rain sensor or not. Mine seems to decide at random what intermittent actually is regardless of whether I set a fast or slow interval. Do you have a rain sensor and is it working ok? Again some of this can be done through the MFSW and most on VCDS. I will let others more expert than me suggest any other alternatives but it does sound like the car has been "tweaked" in some way.
Stage 1 2007 Black Eddy  #1000 - VCDS Hex+Can (Novice coder). H&R springs, newish Bilstein B4's. Gen 3 Steering rack, Helix organic.  The car is *always* work in progress fixing and upgrading things.