Make a donation

Author Topic: chip tuning box  (Read 680 times)

Offline Sharky

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
chip tuning box
« on: March 07, 2021, 07:11:06 pm »
Hi

Not so long ago I bought a chip tuning box ( https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Chip-Tuning-Box-VOLKSWAGEN-Golf-V-mk5-1-9-TDI-105-HP-77-kW-PD/222622739768?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649 ).
Installed it and everything was fine for couple of months and then a check engine light came on indicating there is a fault with fuel temperature sensor (exactly what you connect the chip box to when installing). Does not seem like it is affecting engine in any way, no weird sounds under the bonnet, nothing unusual.

I have tried unplugging it and putting everything like it is in stock. Even disconnected the battery. But the check engine light is still there.

Did anyone have the same or similar box installed? Any issues? Anything to be aware of?

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
Re: chip tuning box
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2021, 10:04:27 pm »
Welcome to the forum..
Them tuning box's can cause a lot of problems as it tells the bar to push a lot of fuel in
You are best getting it properly mapped

Offline Sharky

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2021, 11:05:00 pm »
Thanks, really glad I found it :)

My golf is only 1.9tdi and I got told at the remapping centre that stock turbos are prone to failure after remapping so that kinda put me off.
Any advice whether it is worth installing a bigger turbo, maybe different injectors? Would it be working OK without touching clutch, suspension, brakes etc ?

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2021, 07:21:44 am »
When you go bigger turbo then you start having to go exhausts etc..the injectors will be fine but as for the clutch depends what mileage is on it..brakes go for the r32 set up..Read my gttdi thread

Offline Sharky

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2021, 05:09:59 pm »
Thank Andy  :happy2: