Make a donation

Author Topic: Rough idle after new cam shaft , timing chain, pvc valve , cam follower ?  (Read 1384 times)

Offline 07dub

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Any ideas ?

Had a worn out cam follower ,
so changed that and needed new cam shaft and hpfp.
It was also due a new timing chain and tensioner and also changed the pvc aswell.

But now have rough idle . Car is stock , any help would be appreciated

Offline ROH ECHT

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 113
  • -Receive: 147
  • K04 PLAY....ZOOM DIS!
Scan for stored codes first and make note of them. While doing all of that work...a tube may have developed a split: one of the two corrugated PCV tubes or brake booster tubing. If you have VCDS or other capable device to monitor live data, you can view the live short term fuel trims (MB 033 block 1) to see if a leak is present. You must clear codes and go back tho the MB as shown here after 2m. He shows what a leak looks like...and you need not induce a leak. Just follow instructions shown at 3m20s. A leak will show in MB 033 block 1, as it does at 3m40s, the value will be more than ±10% before it begins to adjust;

« Last Edit: June 08, 2023, 04:36:58 pm by ROH ECHT »
K04 PLAY...K04 turbo/S3 INJ. & FMIC/FORGE FMTC, TB hose, & WG actuator/GIAC's H.O. K04 & DSG TUNES/AWE DV/NEUSPEED P-FLO,TURBO OUTLET & TB pipe/AUTOTECH hpfp/BSH Eng.&Trans Mounts/H&R ARB's/Whiteline Performance springs & W.A.L.K./ECS stage-3 BBK/BILSTEIN B8's...ZOOM'DIS...GIAC K04 tune-2007 Volkswagen GTI: 12.823 @ 112.050 MPH__Voting for my Dragtimes link: http://www.dragtimes.com/Volkswagen-GTI-Timeslip-25700.html?r=1

Offline ROH ECHT

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 113
  • -Receive: 147
  • K04 PLAY....ZOOM DIS!
If the trims show no sign of an un-metered air leak, then perhaps wiring or connectors for them was disturbed or damaged. A code would likely be stored if so.
K04 PLAY...K04 turbo/S3 INJ. & FMIC/FORGE FMTC, TB hose, & WG actuator/GIAC's H.O. K04 & DSG TUNES/AWE DV/NEUSPEED P-FLO,TURBO OUTLET & TB pipe/AUTOTECH hpfp/BSH Eng.&Trans Mounts/H&R ARB's/Whiteline Performance springs & W.A.L.K./ECS stage-3 BBK/BILSTEIN B8's...ZOOM'DIS...GIAC K04 tune-2007 Volkswagen GTI: 12.823 @ 112.050 MPH__Voting for my Dragtimes link: http://www.dragtimes.com/Volkswagen-GTI-Timeslip-25700.html?r=1

Offline 09Pirelli

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 6
    • Email
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=k3eueg7tnt8m64ej886ph5avl0&/topic,133619.0.html
check the dip stick, if the o ring is missing this could be the cause
2009 Pirelli Edition Stage 2+

Offline 07dub

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
    • Email
Thanks ROH ECHT and 09 Pirelli ,
cars in shop now getting scanned but will get the hoses and dipstick checked too 🤞

Offline 07dub

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
    • Email
Quick update, apparently was a timing issue , should be all sorted now.
Had a split hose and ordered a new dipstick

🤞 all good for a bit now