Make a donation

Author Topic: Ads Tdi.  (Read 9158 times)

Offline ads

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Ads Tdi.
« on: April 05, 2010, 10:30:30 pm »
Hey, my names adam and ive owned my silver tdi for a couple of weeks now. I had a silver honda civic type r before this, it was great fun to drive but the fuel was getting a little on the costly side. Ive always loved the mk5 gti's but thought id go for the tdi due to running cost etc as im moving out this year.

Anyway enough of the dribble, i'll start with a few pics of the civic.

And now the pics of the golf, ive done a couple of little bits to it already. It came with a horrible headunit so i purchased a new oem one and fitted that, then on good friday i gave it a big clean and removed the mud flaps and the rear badges. I also de wipered it too. Nowhere near as exciting as most of the cars on here, but i love it.

Its a 140bhp version,

I'll keep you all updated as and when i do little bits.

Nasir

Re: Ads Tdi.
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2010, 10:35:55 pm »
Looking good :happy2:

Offline Nickyboy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 7
  • 2007 ED30 in Grey
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2010, 10:47:14 pm »
I remember you and the CTR off type-r-owners. Nice to have some torque for a change isn't it  :signLOL:

Offline WhiteGTI

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 22
  • F-A-S-T
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2010, 11:01:32 pm »
Welcome to the forum, I love your old CTR!!!!  :love:
2008 Golf GTI - Revo Stage 2 NOW SOLD

2006 E46 BMW M3 - 343hp
2000 Lotus Elise Sport160 - 160hp

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2010, 09:10:52 am »
Looks cool. I'll never understand why people remove the rear wipers though. Despite the practical issues it just looks like there is something missing, a bit like when you have fake buttons on your dash for functions only a higher specced car would have.

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2010, 12:33:08 pm »
Looks cool. I'll never understand why people remove the rear wipers though. Despite the practical issues it just looks like there is something missing, a bit like when you have fake buttons on your dash for functions only a higher specced car would have.

That is a correct observation, once you remove the wiper, there is indeed something missing.   :signLOL: 
It gives the back of the car cleaner lines, (but not a cleaner window) and also is a pretty cheap way to feed the modding addiction lots of us suffer from.  :happy2:

Offline ads

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2010, 06:53:34 pm »

That is a correct observation, once you remove the wiper, there is indeed something missing.   :signLOL: 
It gives the back of the car cleaner lines, (but not a cleaner window) and also is a pretty cheap way to feed the modding addiction lots of us suffer from.  :happy2:

lol it so is and addiction, i love the look of cars without the rear wipers. My cars never get dirty enough to worry about not being able to see out of the window anyway!

Offline golfman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 17
  • -Receive: 33
  • If your not first your last!!!
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,69645.0.html
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2010, 07:33:50 pm »
Welcome to the tractor family :grin: :grin:
looks good now get ready to spend some cash :wink:

scott

Modded The Way I Like It!!!!!!
Vag-com Hex+Can in scotland
I Hate Timewasters...

Offline joesgti

• Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 35
  • Eat my sick, Eat my sick.
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2010, 07:36:19 pm »

That is a correct observation, once you remove the wiper, there is indeed something missing.   :signLOL:  
It gives the back of the car cleaner lines, (but not a cleaner window) and also is a pretty cheap way to feed the modding addiction lots of us suffer from.  :happy2:

lol it so is and addiction, i love the look of cars without the rear wipers. My cars never get dirty enough to worry about not being able to see out of the window anyway!

+1  :happy2:

welcome along  :jumpmove:

If you need any games consoles or games, accessories, etc etc, PM me for my best price,

Offline plush-automotive

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2010, 08:51:21 am »
welcome along mate the type r looked awesome, what other plans do you have for the golfy?

Offline ads

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2010, 09:31:01 pm »
In the long run im hoping to sort a gti bumper and skirts, a smart set of wheels and a nice healthy drop on some coilovers.

Im eyeing up a lot of audi oem wheels at the mo, i also fancy a set of alphards too.

Offline MattPoss

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 9
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2010, 10:02:06 pm »
In the long run im hoping to sort a gti bumper and skirts, a smart set of wheels and a nice healthy drop on some coilovers.

Im eyeing up a lot of audi oem wheels at the mo, i also fancy a set of alphards too.

Alphards FTW!!

Nice car mate, good base to feed the modding bug :evilgrin:

Matt
Mk5 Golf GTI - DSG, BBS VZ's, S3 Front Brakes, Electric Seats, R32 Rear Lights, Xenon's, Colour Coded........

Offline ads

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2010, 01:35:24 pm »
Its been a long while since ive last updated this as to be honest theres not been a lot to update until now!  :signLOL:

At the weekend i fitted my coilovers and wheels, believe it or not i washed the car yesterday and its filthy again!

Ive also fitted a gti interior,

Let me know your thoughts!
« Last Edit: November 24, 2010, 01:43:29 pm by ads »

Offline big al

• Thank You
  • -Given: 27
  • -Receive: 93
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2010, 01:45:22 pm »
love the alphards, but think silver or chrome finish.

Offline liver

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 15
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2010, 01:49:23 pm »
love the alphards, but think silver or chrome finish.

i agree think you lose some of the look of these wheels in black, gorgeous wheels though ive always liked and wanted them