Make a donation

Author Topic: Gremlin in my ecu?  (Read 8826 times)

Offline njdudsbury

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
Re: Gremlin in my ecu?
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2010, 12:32:22 pm »
The car has been serviced at a local VW / AUDI / BMW garage at the right times using vw parts & all the service is up to date.
The warranty has run out due to the age of the car so where do I stand on a update or ECU replacment FOC?
From what I have read alot of the dealers dont dont even know about this update as it seems to only effect the imported cars which mine and DJGTI's is as well. We have a chap working on a fix at the minute.

Can anybody help me with supplying a link or a copy of the Technical service bullitin for the following fault code.
P0601 - CONTROL UNIT FAULTY

Anybody work at the dealers and had experience of an update fixing this specific problem???

Cheers

Offline vRStu

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 90
  • -Receive: 159
    • Octavia-vRS Information Resource
« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2010, 12:49:14 pm »
It can be fixed by somone with the correct equipment if you don't have sucess with VW. Ben at Shark Performance can do it.
Stu...

Quartz Grey Audi A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara Upholstery with Silver Stitching and Heating, Sat Nav High, B & O Sound, Audi Music Interface, DAB Radio, Parking Advanced with Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated and Electrically Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

RNS510 Video in Motion unlocking, PIN recovery & DVD Region Free available

Offline PDT

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 142
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2010, 02:19:55 pm »
You can take the car to a reputable ECU tuner and ask them to change just 1 byte of data and correct the checksum and write the file back to the ECU  :happy2:

Offline s3dubbin

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 18
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2010, 03:50:58 pm »
Update!!! Latest is one audi garage has no idea abt this update, went to another audi dealership today and they have my car down for an upgrade 2.5yrs ago!!!! No contact from them to say come and get it and why has it taken 2.5yrs for the bug to arrive i have not a clue, anyway my ecu would have been fine if i had this 24h8 update but now my car is mapped and out of warranty i am due no favours, seems a bit harsh??? They say they can sort it for 1hrs labour probably abt £100. What a load of sh*t, the good old car industry shafting its customers as always. Hoping to have my lit up dash fixed by monday.

Offline PDT

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 142
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2010, 04:38:41 pm »
1 hours labour for what is no more than 5 mins work :stupid:

Offline vRStu

• Thank You
« Reply #35 on: May 14, 2010, 04:48:44 pm »
As I have said to nj, that should be covered under warranty/goodwill.  It is made easier if you have a full Audi Service History because when you take your car for service and they plug it in to VAS one of things they should check is the applicability of any updates.  Sadly it's one of the things that is overlooked because the techs won't earn bonus for doing it but they do earn bonus for services etc.

Push them and if necessary push Audi UK.  If you are in a  rush to have it done then get it done at an approved Audi Centre, keep the invoice and then pursue Audi thereafter.
Stu...

Quartz Grey Audi A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara Upholstery with Silver Stitching and Heating, Sat Nav High, B & O Sound, Audi Music Interface, DAB Radio, Parking Advanced with Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated and Electrically Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

Offline vRStu

• Thank You
« Reply #36 on: May 14, 2010, 04:52:16 pm »
E
1 hours labour for what is no more than 5 mins work :stupid:

ECU flash at a dealer is more than 5 mins work, although if they were feeling generous 30 mins would just about cover it but probably wouldn't include a road test etc.

Edited to correct an error
« Last Edit: May 15, 2010, 08:28:52 am by vRStu »
Stu...

Offline s3dubbin

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 18
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: May 14, 2010, 08:26:08 pm »
Good advice stu cheers never thought abt pursuing it after i have had it done i would have just got it done and that would have been the end of it.

Offline vRStu

• Thank You
« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2010, 08:32:10 am »
The bottom line is you have a car which has a fault, acknowledged by Audi UK and which should have been rectified during a service or visit to an Audi Centre workshop.

They would have been unlikely to contact you directly because it wasn't classed as a recall however lots of Skoda owners were contacted during the recession as dealers were 'looking' for work and subsequent payment from Skoda.
Stu...

Offline njdudsbury

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2010, 11:24:47 pm »
I have some news from this end...........
I have been doing a bit of digging which completes a story.........
When I had the first MOT on it there was a problem with the V5 doc as the Chassis number on the paper work didn't match the car.
What happened was the dealer I bought it off had two golf gti's identical to each other and they incorrectly registered the chassis numbers against the reg plates & nothing flagged up until the 1st MOT.
I have been to the local dealers and asked if mine needs an update and they have printed me a service sheet out which says it has already been done. (the car has never been to the garage it was claimed to be done at)
It was the other car that has had the recall even if it didn't need it and mine has missed out!
I need to sort my paperwork out to prove what happened.
Hopefully I can find it!!