Make a donation

Author Topic: The new 3"" system now a small sound clip  (Read 34880 times)

Offline MAT ED30

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 81
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
Re: The new 3"" system now a small sound clip
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2009, 08:04:06 am »

How do you manage to keep your car so clean underneath, Matt?

Is there a back box on your system or is it halfway only, as in your pic?

Jet wash

and no back box just the 1 half way down as i was after as free flowing as we could get  :happy2:

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2009, 12:42:43 pm »
^^^^
Nice! :happy2:

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline WhiteGTI

• Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 22
  • F-A-S-T
« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2009, 08:37:43 am »
Sounds lovely in real life Mat!! Pops and bangs like mine, but has a deeper note and a slightly louder idle!

Hows it faring since you've put some miles on it? Does it get boomy/droney at all?
2008 Golf GTI - Revo Stage 2 NOW SOLD

2006 E46 BMW M3 - 343hp
2000 Lotus Elise Sport160 - 160hp

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 81
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: February 03, 2009, 10:10:07 am »
well after putting about 700miles on it over the last week or so i am finding it less boomy than the milltek non res and more meaty at idle and a deeper yet louder when giving it some  :evilgrin: and for me its the perfect setup and the noise i was after.
I like the look of the tail pipes as they look stock but are just bigger in size so it just suits the back end and by losing the big exhaust box at the back of the bumper it lost a bit of weight aswell but that still not helping the clutch out  :rolleye:.
When i had the exhaust put on the car it was in stock mode and the sound was good and after a day or so i thought lets stick the map on and see how it sounds and i just left a smile on my face  :grin:, after a trip up to newcastle my exhaust light came on  :sad: but i knew it would do as its running a 3" system so after getting home and plugging it in to vag com it was as i thought lower temp on lambda probe, so after a quick thought i knew stage 2 had to go on the car asap to sort this out as it takes into account you are running a free flowing system  :happy2:. Now after having stage 2 put on it not changed the idle / mtr way driving noise  :smiley: but now give it some right foot and it just sounds awesome and even my mate with the clio said my god that sounds awesome  :evilgrin: and not like a 4 pot as its such a deep noise.

verdict am i happy with it? YES i have made a good choice and i know no matter what any probs they will sort it no matter how small and the sound is so addictive  :evilgrin:

the thing i like is its not a Milltek and its not the same as everyone else and thats a good thing for me as i dont like to do the same as others  :rolleye:

would i say get one to others? Yes i would and i would say give nigel a call at blueflame or get in on a group buy on this setup  :happy2:
« Last Edit: February 03, 2009, 10:57:43 am by MAT ED30 »

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box

Offline JPC

• Thank You
  • -Given: 93
  • -Receive: 111
« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2009, 10:11:34 am »
glad your happy with it mate, it is a beast! ;)

Offline WhiteGTI

• Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 22
  • F-A-S-T
« Reply #35 on: February 03, 2009, 10:15:11 am »
Sounds like you're a very happy man Mat! Congrats!

I approve also, and would have seriously considered it, had there been one available/had i lived closer to Blueflame when I was making my decision!

:smiley:

2008 Golf GTI - Revo Stage 2 NOW SOLD

2006 E46 BMW M3 - 343hp
2000 Lotus Elise Sport160 - 160hp

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #36 on: February 03, 2009, 10:53:06 am »

I didn't get a chance to hear it at The Pod (nor to talk to you) but it's great to read your enthusiasm and enjoyment of it. Posted sound clips just don't cut it for me.

Deeper always sounds better on a 4-pot imo. I look forward to hearing it some day.

:happy2:

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline illyun

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #37 on: February 03, 2009, 12:58:02 pm »
Sounded very nice at the Pod Mat...  My Milltek's got less boomy on the motorway after 1500 miles so I'm very happy with it now - and IMO it makes my Ed30 sound better than my wife's R32  :surprised: :surprised: :surprised:

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #38 on: February 24, 2009, 09:10:31 pm »
There is no point in doing a separate review for this post, so i would like to just add to this one.

I got my Blue flame turbo back zorst fitted today.

I have done about 2 hours driving so far and i cant stop smiling every time i put my foot down.
It is nice and civilised under normal driving then just sounds completely different when accelerating. Most of the extra sound comes at low revs until it picks up a bit of pace.
At high revs it sounds similar to a Milltek system, but getting there it is much deeper.  :evilgrin:
But most of all it has transformed the DSG gear changes which if you time it right you normally get a nice blip, but time it right now and you get a beautiful loud BOPPP  :evilgrin:

Offline jonnyc

• Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 15
  • Herrooooo!
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: February 24, 2009, 09:23:55 pm »
There is no point in doing a separate review for this post, so i would like to just add to this one.

I got my Blue flame turbo back zorst fitted today.

I have done about 2 hours driving so far and i cant stop smiling every time i put my foot down.
It is nice and civilised under normal driving then just sounds completely different when accelerating. Most of the extra sound comes at low revs until it picks up a bit of pace.
At high revs it sounds similar to a Milltek system, but getting there it is much deeper.  :evilgrin:
But most of all it has transformed the DSG gear changes which if you time it right you normally get a nice blip, but time it right now and you get a beautiful loud BOPPP  :evilgrin:

The reason I asked where you got it made was I went for exactly the same tail pipe on my GTI when I had the R32 rear on that.. Looks perfect IMO!

Also, DSG changes with an exhaust sound great dont they! Love that on this vid..

APR Stage III TT-RS - 11.37 1/4 mile - 2.82 0-60 MPH

Build thread http://www.vagoc.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=3128

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #40 on: February 24, 2009, 09:32:25 pm »
Believe it or not 2 people today tried to convince me that the tips were crap, and the chap who made up the system really tried to convince me to have different ones  :laugh:

In the end i almost had to say well i am the customer its my loss if its a Fook up.  :innocent:

Offline jonnyc

• Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 15
  • Herrooooo!
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: February 24, 2009, 09:40:33 pm »
Believe it or not 2 people today tried to convince me that the tips were crap, and the chap who made up the system really tried to convince me to have different ones  :laugh:

In the end i almost had to say well i am the customer its my loss if its a Fook up.  :innocent:

Your joking! They look perfect for the R32 valance..

Heres one of mine..

APR Stage III TT-RS - 11.37 1/4 mile - 2.82 0-60 MPH

Build thread http://www.vagoc.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=3128

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #42 on: February 24, 2009, 09:44:13 pm »
Also found out they grow today as well  :ashamed: did not know that. I asked for them to sit no more than a centimetre out from the trim, and i actually watched them grow nearly an inch.  :chicken:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #43 on: February 24, 2009, 10:28:08 pm »
Also found out they grow today as well  :ashamed: did not know that. I asked for them to sit no more than a centimetre out from the trim, and i actually watched them grow nearly an inch.  :chicken:

....Ooooh! Sexy!!

Offline vwrascal

• Thank You
  • -Given: 21
  • -Receive: 28
  • If it aint rubbin you aint dubbin
« Reply #44 on: February 24, 2009, 10:49:50 pm »
looks fab-tastic pussy cat   :driver: