Make a donation

Author Topic: Antiroll Bars and Sport Springs  (Read 1734 times)

Offline mackit

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 21
  • -Receive: 0
  • Surrey
Antiroll Bars and Sport Springs
« on: July 04, 2010, 09:58:48 pm »
I've been looking into the Eibach Sportline springs and Eibach antiroll bars for my ED30.  My preference is to fit just the antiroll bars to stop the rolling in the corners under higher speeds.  As i will not be tracking my car i don't know whether sport springs AND antiroll bars is a little too much, given i don't want to spend money where i don't have to.  Incidentally, i will be fitting the Whiteline Antilift kit as i have heard good things about this. 

I was wondering whether anyone has any views on pros and cons of these Springs and Roll bars.

Hope you guys can share your views.

:happy2:

VW Edition 30 DSG, 5 door, RNS-510

Offline Janner_Sy

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
Re: Antiroll Bars and Sport Springs
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2010, 10:01:20 pm »
id say ARBs first. 

Offline mackit

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 21
  • Surrey
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2010, 07:58:11 am »
Because they provide more for your money compared to just changing the springs?

VW Edition 30 DSG, 5 door, RNS-510

Offline snapey

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 22
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2010, 03:19:23 pm »
I'm currently running:

- H&R springs,
- WALK,
- White-line rear 24mm adjustable ARB.

And I'd personally say go for the springs first then the ARB after, the ARB completely transforms the handling but thats just my preference as I can't stand the OEM ride height. Either way, I don't track mine and I'm seriously happy with the current set up.
If you have to ask why, you'll never understand.

Offline conneem

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2010, 04:41:25 pm »
What are people's opinions on front ARB's. Most seem to only have the rear installed, I know the front is a pain to fit, so is it a case of people just doing the rear because the front is too much hassle or are the gains from the rear good enough? I have never been in a car with upgraded ARB's so have no experience but would it be better to do both??

Would it be better to go for a rear ARB + WALK instead of front and rear ARB's? :)

Offline snapey

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 22
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2010, 05:03:17 pm »
I've got the front to fit, but I'm having a garage do that come service time as I understand the sub frame has to be dropped.

I'd say do the walk and rear and just set it to it's medium stiffness, that way you get get a massively unbalanced car while still ensuring that it stays a damn sight more level.
If you have to ask why, you'll never understand.

Offline xxx_mojo_xxx

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 19
  • MUBster DUBster
    • Project MUBster DUBster Evolution
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2010, 07:54:36 pm »
Asking whether to go for ARBs vs lower springs is a bit of a "chicken or egg" situation.

I have had the benefit of installing all three items separately and experience the impact/improvement of each individually.  Here's a quick summary of my experiences:

Lower springs - eibach  sportlines
Transforms the cars pitch and roll into corners - this is especially noticeable during heavy braking.  Car feels a lot more composed and visually sits much better in my opinion. 

Anti-roll bar - H&R front and back
Noticeable improvement in tautness of car into corners.  The car simply goes where you point it without wallowing like a ship - not that does much before, but there is a considerable improvement.

WALK
Stopped an annoying problem where my front wheels occasionally scrubbed inside the front arch liners.  I think it's something to do with a small change in camber.  Reduced under steer  on turns during spirited driving sessions. Also, noticed it stopped my car from "cocking up" it's rear wheels during hard turns.

I think the ARBs and springs improve driving dynamics in different areas...and the combined affect gives the best results.

Hope this helps.