Make a donation

Author Topic: Super Pro Wishbone Bushes with Anti Lift (The WALK Alternative) Review  (Read 26766 times)

Offline vRSAlex

• Admin
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 253
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,19941.0.html
Re: Super Pro Wishbone Bushes with Anti Lift (The WALK Alternative) Review
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2010, 01:21:56 pm »
I said I would get a pic up of an oem console (from an Altea) with a whiteline console.  They are different which is how the WALK gets the different caster etc. 

Ive had a look through ETKA and the consoles are all the same too.
www.akstuning.co.uk - info@akstuning.com - 01234 822324
Follow AKS tuning on Facebook

Offline KleinAberFein

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 2
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2010, 03:37:10 pm »
So am I right in thinking that it's a good idea to change the WALK's supplied bushes to the Superpro version? (on a Mk5 GTI)

And is there any problem fitting WALK+Superpro together with TT wishbones?

If you could exchange the bushing I do not see why you would want to (I'm not sure if the inner diameter of the WL housing is the same as stock). The WL bushing already adds the caster, bushing stiffness and I believe the housing changes the "anti" geometry. (?) Besides, they designed it all as one kit, why change the engineer's intent in this case?

Does the super pro bushing really change the anti geometry or is just a "caster bush"?

Also, does the WALK aktually provide more camber? I've seen some people mention that. If it does, how much static neg camber does it add? Or are people just talking about the "dynamic camber" that is happening when the wheel turns?

Offline RedRobin

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2010, 04:47:07 pm »
So am I right in thinking that it's a good idea to change the WALK's supplied bushes to the Superpro version? (on a Mk5 GTI)

And is there any problem fitting WALK+Superpro together with TT wishbones?

If you could exchange the bushing I do not see why you would want to (I'm not sure if the inner diameter of the WL housing is the same as stock). The WL bushing already adds the caster, bushing stiffness and I believe the housing changes the "anti" geometry. (?) Besides, they designed it all as one kit, why change the engineer's intent in this case?

Does the super pro bushing really change the anti geometry or is just a "caster bush"?

Also, does the WALK aktually provide more camber? I've seen some people mention that. If it does, how much static neg camber does it add? Or are people just talking about the "dynamic camber" that is happening when the wheel turns?

....Thanks, KAF  :happy2:

I wasn't thinking of changing but was curious to know any potential improvements.

The WALK alters the castor not camber, as I understand it.  :happy2:

Have you seen the WALK review in the Product Reviews section? Another good one by john_o:

http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,395.0.html
« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 04:52:08 pm by RedRobin »

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline KleinAberFein

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 2
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2010, 05:00:22 pm »
Ah, cool. I will read through that as well. Thanks again RedRobin.