Make a donation

Author Topic: Revo stock isnt stock????????????  (Read 32625 times)

Offline heavyd

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 29
    • Email
Re: Revo stock isnt stock????????????
« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2011, 08:15:05 pm »
Dave, I think you'll need to speak to REVO on this as it could be the fabled S3/ED30 overlaid map which as Thor says is not as stock as it should be and hence requesting 130bar on the rail.

REVO comes with a 30 Day Money Back warranty  :evilgrin:

Not convinced yet? Why not take advantage of the 30 day money back guarantee? Revo Technik promises that you will be very happy with the software or you can have the software removed and your money back. There is no better way to try it out on your own car!

:grin: :grin:

If I hadnt sold my bluefin on I would have got my money back. Im not paying out for another map yet again, I only make nissans for a living :sad1:

Offline PDT

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 142
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2011, 08:18:34 pm »
One thing to remember is that there are not that many Ed30 software versions, maybe 3-4. We have flashed 10+ ED30 cars with this exact same code and set them up in the exact same way, only 2 have had this fault code appear. One is my own car which we solved today, was a split in a hose near the turbo on the intake pipe, caused by the screw that holds the intake piping in place working its way loose. We investigated a 100% standard Audi this week that had the same fault code, it also turned out to be an intake pipe that was loose near the turbo.

If this fault code was a problem with the Revo code itself then it would be apparent on a huge amount more cars and more would be known about its cause and how to resolve it.

Why would it appear shortly having been flashed with Revo? An obvious question to ask, but an existing problem is far more lilely to show up when running a tuned software, especially one that requests a lot more boost.

Revo Know about this case and are looking into it with us, but the  fact that we have found this fault, diagnosed it and found it to be casued by a similar problem gives us something to work with.

As for Revo stock, not being stock, I agree 100%. Most ED30's we test when put in stock mode by the sps switch make 245+hp but any Revo dealer will be able to flash a 100% factory map back to the ecu. It takes 10 mins and usually FOC.

Offline vRS Carl

• Thank You
  • -Given: 282
  • -Receive: 240
  • I'm the F.A.G (Forum Apple Guru)
« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2011, 08:20:21 pm »
I know which way I will be going when I get my next car and it will probably be the Fishy side of life.

Revo are good when it works. But develop a problem and its always your car never the software. Their customer care is great when your spending money. But when you want help with a problem it is diabolical and virtually non-existent.

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2011, 08:22:02 pm »
I know which way I will be going when I get my next car and it will probably be the Fishy side of life.

Revo are good when it works. But develop a problem and its always your car never the software. Their customer care is great when your spending money. But when you want help with a problem it is diabolical and virtually non-existent.

how dare you :grin:

Offline vRS Carl

• Thank You
« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2011, 08:23:47 pm »
One thing to remember is that there are not that many Ed30 software versions, maybe 3-4. We have flashed 10+ ED30 cars with this exact same code and set them up in the exact same way, only 2 have had this fault code appear. One is my own car which we solved today, was a split in a hose near the turbo on the intake pipe, caused by the screw that holds the intake piping in place working its way loose. We investigated a 100% standard Audi this week that had the same fault code, it also turned out to be an intake pipe that was loose near the turbo.

If this fault code was a problem with the Revo code itself then it would be apparent on a huge amount more cars and more would be known about its cause and how to resolve it.

Why would it appear shortly having been flashed with Revo? An obvious question to ask, but an existing problem is far more lilely to show up when running a tuned software, especially one that requests a lot more boost.

Revo Know about this case and are looking into it with us, but the  fact that we have found this fault, diagnosed it and found it to be casued by a similar problem gives us something to work with.

As for Revo stock, not being stock, I agree 100%. Most ED30's we test when put in stock mode by the sps switch make 245+hp but any Revo dealer will be able to flash a 100% factory map back to the ecu. It takes 10 mins and usually FOC.

Just out of curiosity how do they do that? Revo provide their version of the stock map so unless you keep an OEM map yourself I'm confused as to how they would do what you say?

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2011, 08:24:28 pm »

how dare you :grin:

:signLOL: :signLOL:

Offline heavyd

• Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 29
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: January 22, 2011, 08:33:45 pm »
When do you think I'll be able to get in Dave?
I did phone Revo about it and emailed them the other day. No email reply, when I phoned they said I just have to go back to the dealer that installed it and sort it out with them
« Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 08:58:48 pm by heavyd »

Offline vRS Carl

• Thank You
« Reply #37 on: January 22, 2011, 08:37:30 pm »
When do you think I'll be able to get in Dave? Or do you want me to phone off a random number, whenever I use my phone you don't answer :rolleye:
I did phone Revo about it and emailed them the other day. No email reply, when I phoned they said I just have to go back to the dealer that installed it and sort it out with them

Another example of Revo's top Customer Care :surprised:

Offline PDT

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: January 22, 2011, 10:25:17 pm »
Revo sending people back to their local dealer is a perfect solution, you cant expect them to diagnose faults by email or over the phone, hence their network of well trained and knowledgable dealers.

Also, factory stock is full factory stock, dont confuse this with REVO sps stock.   

Offline vRS Carl

• Thank You
« Reply #39 on: January 22, 2011, 11:34:16 pm »
I wouldn't expect Revo to diagnose a fault over the phone or email. But they don't listen to their so called network of trained and knowledgeable dealers. I know through bitter experience.

Factory stock isnt always full factory stock either. Well at least not the same Model Year car :wink:

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #40 on: January 22, 2011, 11:39:49 pm »
Revo sending people back to their local dealer is a perfect solution, you cant expect them to diagnose faults by email or over the phone, hence their network of well trained and knowledgable dealers.

Which is all well and good but who is footing the bill?

If you have your car mapped and there is a problem, having already spent £499 + vat, who is then footing the bill for diagnostic work, the Revo dealer or the customer?

So having taken their (lions) share Revo will quite happily say no it can't be the software.

Offline PDT

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: January 23, 2011, 12:08:01 am »
I wouldn't expect Revo to diagnose a fault over the phone or email. But they don't listen to their so called network of trained and knowledgeable dealers. I know through bitter experience.

Factory stock isnt always full factory stock either. Well at least not the same Model Year car :wink:

No, but it will be the exact same software version that was flashed to the ECU on the production line as well as any updates that have been added. The Bosch hardware and software number will be the same as well as checksum values, VAG number, chassis number, software version etc.... I know this as I have checked many cars that we have flashed with full stock software from the Revo database and Winols (map editing software) always shows the file is a 100% match to known Bosch factory files.

As for who foots the bill, we offer all customers wether they have Revo software or our own software free diagnostic testing for the full duration of their ownership of the car, wether its engine related or not.

Problem is that people will ALWAYS blame the software, but if the software was at fault then EVERY car out there with the same version of REVO would have the same problem, and after we spend time diagnosing a fault it is a component on the car that is at fault 99% of the time.

As for customer care from Revo, the moment I saw this thread, I rang a revo technician on his mobile out of hours (around 7pm on a saturday night) and they spent 15-20 mins talking through the scenario and possible solutions, cant ask more than that can you?

And as yet nobody knows if its a software fault, it could be anything such as faulty lambda, faulty pcv, boist leak, vac leak, dodgy cat, contaminants in combustion i.e burning oil, breather problem.........

Offline useless

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: January 23, 2011, 12:39:50 am »
revo stock file = oe stock, except one thing - "codierung" or something like that. It's like the version of you software and you can see it only in VAS (VW diagnostic tool). It doesn't matter for cars that have no guarantee.

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #43 on: January 23, 2011, 12:52:48 am »

as stated above by a REVO dealer that REVO stock is more powerful than OEM stock.  its just the REVO software with the boost and timing reverted to stock levels

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #44 on: January 23, 2011, 01:54:40 am »
As I understand it, the oem hoses in the turbo charge/discharge line aren't designed by VW to be subjected long term to boost pressure fluctuations when increased by remapping. That's partly why I took the precaution of replacing all mine with Samco silicone hoses. You have only to compare the hoses.

Unfortunately we live in a blame culture and, as PDT Dave says, the problem can be due to any number of things and their combination. Calm patience and an open analytical mind is the way forward. The mission must be to solve the problem, not to find someone to blame.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 01:57:45 am by RedRobin »

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!