Make a donation

Author Topic: ▀▄ Miglior Detailing: Very Rare & Luxurious Range Rover Autobiography BLACK! ▄▀  (Read 2868 times)

Offline JPC

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 93
  • -Receive: 111

Please take the time to view our full website!!
Detailing In Lancashire Manchester & North West - Miglior Detailing!

If you want to see daily update and photos, please follow us! Links are below!!

Range Rover Autobiography Black - Finished in Barolo Black - In for an Enhancement Detail

Hi Guys, under the microscope today is a beautiful and very rare Range Rover Autobiography.

The Autobiography Black represents the very best Range Rover has to offer and is a fitting tribute to a vehicle which has consistently set the highest standards for all-terrain performance, luxury and design for the last 40 years.” Phil Popham, Land Rover Managing Director

The ultimate incarnation of the Range Rover, the Autobiography Black 40th Anniversary Limited Edition, is quite simply the last word in bespoke vehicles. With a unique finish in Barolo Black, the exterior also features 20-inch alloy wheels, Diamond Turned, a unique front grille with Titan grille mesh, a bright chrome grille ‘U’ edge and black grille surround. Side vents have a new mesh set off by bright chrome bars and a black vent surround. There are body colored door handles and of course, the tailgate badge, ’Autobiography Black’.

Inside, there’s a choice of the standard colourway in Jet, or two colourways unique to the Autobiography Black – Jet and Ivory, or Jet and Pimento. The Autobiography Black logo is discretely repeated throughout the interior where it is embossed on the rear seat armrest and appears on the four unique, Grand Black door veneers. Front door sill tread plates are illuminated with the words ‘Range Rover’ and there’s a half wood Grand Black steering wheel. Petrol models also offer gear knob veneers.

“At the top of the Range, the new Autobiography Black 40th Anniversary Limited Edition offers customers the option of complete exclusivity with unique colourway combinations as well as striking interior and exterior design features. Only 700 will be made, emphasising the exclusivity of this limited edition.”
Design Director, Gerry McGovern

No detail has been overlooked in ensuring this is the most special Range Rover in the marque’s 40 year history. Even the key fob and driver’s handbook carry the Autobiography Black logo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntINwbOjKtg[/youtube]"]YouTube        - Range Rover Autobiography Black

On top of this Range Rover Being one of only 700 worldwide, I also can’t see an optional extra it is missing plus it has the 5.0L V8 petrol supercharged engine.

The car was booked into Miglior for an enhancement detail, plus a full interior detail including leather cleaning and protecting and also a wheels off detail.

This is the car on arrival!

Swirling

Fold out Side steps needing some attention.

Poor washing marks evident already.

The interior was started first. All the personal items were carefully removed and placed in our own bags and put in the boot. Clothing was carefully folded and put in bags in the same manner.

Shiny leather.

The owners are dog owners so the boot liners were taken out and properly cleaned.

Now the leather has been cleaned with Swissvax Leather cleaner.

The passenger seat wasn’t too bad, but there was some jean transfer on the base. This was dealt with again with Swissvax.

The driver’s door card was cleaned in the same way.

All the carpets and fabrics in the car were shampooed and extracted. Here are the floor mats which have been removed and thoroughly cleaned.

After pictures of the interior will be below.

Now, onto the exterior of the car!

De-tarring in process.

The sidesteps needed particular attention.

Now, with the car washed and dried, I managed to get a picture outside the unit in the setting sun next to another car in at the same time (look out for the BMW 650i detail in a week or so)

Now it was time to get the wheels off detail completed. This range rover wouldn’t go on our ramp because there are items underneath the car which are lower than the factory jacking points. Things like catalytic converters, and the mechanism for the folding steps get in the way.

Time to get access to the jacking points. Even using a jack, you need to remove the side steps.

« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 01:03:58 am by JPC »

Offline JPC

• Thank You
I guess no one likes range rovers then? Haha

Offline Poppa Dom

• Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 40
Lovely work Jay. Nothing less than expected  :notworthy:

Offline Tarmac_Terrorist

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 1
Nice work  :happy2:  I bet those large flat panels show every imperfection.

I'm not a RR fan but can appreciate your effort & achievement  :notworthy:

Offline Truckie

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 18
    • Formula Hot Laps
Cracking work as always mate. Quite like the colour  :ashamed:

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
Very nice!  :congrats: Usual high standards.

Amazed you did the boot liner with such a small brush. Did you dress it too or is that just overkill?

That's crazy to have to remove a step to get to the jacking point. Just out of curiosity, had you managed to get the lift to fit underneath, would it have been strong enough to lift the vehicle?

Maybe I missed it but did you apply a LSP after the 90/10 IPA/fairy liquid?

And finally, who is LIAM? Your new PFY?

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline JPC

• Thank You
Yeh the lift is more than any vehicle. Rolls Royce phantom, range rover etc all are ok to lift. With all the alluminium used these days to keep weights down, it's rare to get a car over 3t.

If for example you blew a tyre on the motorway in this range rover you'd still need to remove the side step to change your wheel.

The lsp was a very strong sealant. This was applied like so... 90% iPa wipedown 50% IPA wipedown, sealant then final wipedown

Liam was helping me out at like 11.30 pm one night when i was swamped. He's very interested in detailing and enthusiastic. Good guy to have around

Offline keith

• Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 32
Nice, own bags like the touch.

Offline JPC

• Thank You
haha cheers keith ;)