Make a donation

Author Topic: Your Premiership team of the season (so far)  (Read 8520 times)

Offline rdfcpete

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 98
  • -Receive: 52
    • Email
Re: Your Premiership team of the season (so far)
« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2012, 06:18:17 pm »
^ Wish I was. Basically they've had problems with the lease at their ground for years and years, NP obviously became available and they got green eyes.
Unfortunately, it may turn out to be one of the worst things they ever did as their attendances have been falling and on pitch, they're absolutely terrible. They just lost their 2 festive games 5-0 each to Luton. I think they're in the bottom three in the BSP and have had to let go to all their highest paid players.

As much as I despise them, I wouldn't want to see them go out of business and not for the sames reasons we did either.
The fact the FA haven't stepped in to stop this ludicrous situation is scandalous IMO. They should be supporting the grass root clubs at the lower end, but the support just simply isn't there as we found out. It's the same c**t that owns that ground now that is milking KTFC of their cash as it was that milked us too. He had a big share of ownership in our club however, which was much of the problem.

We used to put up a good fight against bigger sides like yourselves when you were flying high  :happy2:
You're right, money is the devil in Prada really. It built us up and put us on the map, then took us out of business eventually when it ran out completely.

You too  :happy2: What are this seasons aspirations? Anywhere mid table I'm guessing this time round?
Pete

RNS-E LED 2012 | Aux-In | AP Coilovers |  Hawk HPS Pads | Revo Stage 1+
Previous: OEM+ 2006 MK5 Golf GTI 2.0T FSI Steel Grey 3 Door

Offline Phil Miller

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 86
  • -Receive: 34
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2012, 08:07:34 pm »
^ Wish I was. Basically they've had problems with the lease at their ground for years and years, NP obviously became available and they got green eyes.
Unfortunately, it may turn out to be one of the worst things they ever did as their attendances have been falling and on pitch, they're absolutely terrible. They just lost their 2 festive games 5-0 each to Luton. I think they're in the bottom three in the BSP and have had to let go to all their highest paid players.

As much as I despise them, I wouldn't want to see them go out of business and not for the sames reasons we did either.
The fact the FA haven't stepped in to stop this ludicrous situation is scandalous IMO. They should be supporting the grass root clubs at the lower end, but the support just simply isn't there as we found out. It's the same c**t that owns that ground now that is milking KTFC of their cash as it was that milked us too. He had a big share of ownership in our club however, which was much of the problem.

We used to put up a good fight against bigger sides like yourselves when you were flying high  :happy2:
You're right, money is the devil in Prada really. It built us up and put us on the map, then took us out of business eventually when it ran out completely.

You too  :happy2: What are this seasons aspirations? Anywhere mid table I'm guessing this time round?

totally agree mate the FA has to do something, they need to stop owners of grounds charging high rent and they must keep closer eye on income v wages and transfer fees, Down the A38 Argyle spent over and above what they could afford, giving out 10k 5 yr deals to players that arent league 2 standard let alone champ, then they decided the only way out the hole was a world cup host bid, (we all no what happened there) so Argyle were 18 mill in dept, in admin with Risdale in charge, we beat them and sent them to league 2 they are bottom of L2, its a reminder that if you gamble on the promise land and fail you could lose everything and more, R+D it was out of there hands, and seems kettering could go the same way  :confused:

our season well we finished 8th in league 1 last year (our highest ever position) hoped we would push on from there, but we lost our 4 best players, Harley (now at brighton) cureton (20 goals last season) Taylor (now at Charlton) and Jones (at the posh) we just couldnt afford the wages they wanted, atm we are 20 :confused: but under Tisdale we always do better second half of the season, but TBH anywhere from 20 up will do me fine lol

hows your season shaping up mate?
2004 Golf 5dr TDI, 140 remap, GTI front bumper, skirts, highline cluster, 18in wheels, jamax coilovers, winter pack
WANTED HIGHLINE CCM AND CECM PLEASE PM ME IF YOU CAN HELP

Offline gtipirelli

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 7
  • Golf GTi Pirelli
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2012, 08:41:51 pm »
Some of you need to take a reality check about the so called 'city millions ruining football'

Long before we had any money :

United paid Veron a fortune
They also paid over 30 million for Ferdinand, Rooney and berbarov
Liverpool,spent over 200 million under Benitez
Blackburn broke the bank
Lost count at 250 million with Chelsea
And even arsenal spent nearly 20 million on Reyes years ago

All just off the top of my head

City did not start the spending competition but had to enter it to compete before uefa turned it into a closed shop for the established teams

Golf GTi Pirelli - Diamond Black, 5 Door - SOLD
now 718 Cayman S PDK

Offline rdfcpete

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2012, 09:24:13 pm »
totally agree mate the FA has to do something, they need to stop owners of grounds charging high rent and they must keep closer eye on income v wages and transfer fees, Down the A38 Argyle spent over and above what they could afford, giving out 10k 5 yr deals to players that arent league 2 standard let alone champ, then they decided the only way out the hole was a world cup host bid, (we all no what happened there) so Argyle were 18 mill in dept, in admin with Risdale in charge, we beat them and sent them to league 2 they are bottom of L2, its a reminder that if you gamble on the promise land and fail you could lose everything and more, R+D it was out of there hands, and seems kettering could go the same way  :confused:

our season well we finished 8th in league 1 last year (our highest ever position) hoped we would push on from there, but we lost our 4 best players, Harley (now at brighton) cureton (20 goals last season) Taylor (now at Charlton) and Jones (at the posh) we just couldnt afford the wages they wanted, atm we are 20 :confused: but under Tisdale we always do better second half of the season, but TBH anywhere from 20 up will do me fine lol

I simply don't understand it. Clubs like ourselves are the bread and better of English football when it comes down to it. We breed good players, teams like yourselves buy our players (which benefits both clubs longterm each time that happens) then they perform well for an Exeter/similar side, then jump to the Prem. If the FA aren't prepared to intervene when these kinds of clubs find themselves in such severe financial difficulty, whether it be their own fault or not, I'm not really sure where English football will be in 30 years?

Simeon Jackson is a good example of that (although he's Canadian) - he was superb at our place via the youth system. He got a big cash deal to Gillingham, performed there then went to Norwich where he's come off the bench to score a couple in the Prem. That's five leagues he's played in over six or so years. I think he broke a record the other day for scoring in every single level of professional English football which was fantastic and made us R&D fans a little proud  :happy2:

Can you see many more stories like that happening though when all the focus and financial  interest is in the Championship and Prem clubs only?
Actions like the BBC scrapping the Football League show are also very frustrating. I bet you're pretty livid at that too?  :fighting:

I remember Paul Jones having some pretty fortunate games at our place. It seemed whatever we thew at him, it would hit his knee, shin or shoulder and stay out or he'd catch it off the post! Looks fairly settled at Posh now though. I don't think Cureton ever played against us, but I'm glad he didn't. He's always known where the goal is - bit of a football league veteran who no-one likes unless he's playing for them because of his goalscoring record  :wink:

Just checked the league one table - I genuinely hope you lot stay up this season and keep all rivalries with the Argyle  :happy2:

We were only allowed to field an U-18 side in a local U-18 league this season, but we're currently 4th in that and got some talented youngsters. It's nice paying £2 to get in with a guaranteed parking space, with no queue for the chips or a pint at H/T  :grin: :wink:

Next season we'll have a senior side of some sort in probably one of the United Counties leagues, if the FA permits us entering etc... Hopefully we'll sign some of our older ex players that can play Saturdays in a physical league at that level and we'll begin another push back towards the more serious non-leagues.
Pete

Offline Phil Miller

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: January 02, 2012, 09:26:27 pm »
Some of you need to take a reality check about the so called 'city millions ruining football'

Long before we had any money :

United paid Veron a fortune
They also paid over 30 million for Ferdinand, Rooney and berbarov
Liverpool,spent over 200 million under Benitez
Blackburn broke the bank
Lost count at 250 million with Chelsea
And even arsenal spent nearly 20 million on Reyes years ago

All just off the top of my head

City did not start the spending competition but had to enter it to compete before uefa turned it into a closed shop for the established teams

My posts are not aimed at City (i remember when they were playing lg1 football and it took a last minute goal to take gillingham to extra time in the play off final) my posts are aimed at the FA, the size of money you get for just being in the prem and the fact most clubs will play with there future to just spend ONE SEASON in the prem, now i do find it funny the scum that is plymouth are en route to the BSP and a third relegation in a row, but had it not been for the lure of the prem it would never happen, to many teams spend more than they have coming in just trying to get there

p.s you forgot to mention Leeds utd and there 90 mill debt in the list of free spending clubs
2004 Golf 5dr TDI, 140 remap, GTI front bumper, skirts, highline cluster, 18in wheels, jamax coilovers, winter pack

Offline Phil Miller

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: January 02, 2012, 09:36:42 pm »

I simply don't understand it. Clubs like ourselves are the bread and better of English football when it comes down to it. We breed good players, teams like yourselves buy our players (which benefits both clubs longterm each time that happens) then they perform well for an Exeter/similar side, then jump to the Prem. If the FA aren't prepared to intervene when these kinds of clubs find themselves in such severe financial difficulty, whether it be their own fault or not, I'm not really sure where English football will be in 30 years?

Simeon Jackson is a good example of that (although he's Canadian) - he was superb at our place via the youth system. He got a big cash deal to Gillingham, performed there then went to Norwich where he's come off the bench to score a couple in the Prem. That's five leagues he's played in over six or so years. I think he broke a record the other day for scoring in every single level of professional English football which was fantastic and made us R&D fans a little proud  :happy2:

Can you see many more stories like that happening though when all the focus and financial  interest is in the Championship and Prem clubs only?
Actions like the BBC scrapping the Football League show are also very frustrating. I bet you're pretty livid at that too?  :fighting:

I remember Paul Jones having some pretty fortunate games at our place. It seemed whatever we thew at him, it would hit his knee, shin or shoulder and stay out or he'd catch it off the post! Looks fairly settled at Posh now though. I don't think Cureton ever played against us, but I'm glad he didn't. He's always known where the goal is - bit of a football league veteran who no-one likes unless he's playing for them because of his goalscoring record  :wink:

Just checked the league one table - I genuinely hope you lot stay up this season and keep all rivalries with the Argyle  :happy2:

We were only allowed to field an U-18 side in a local U-18 league this season, but we're currently 4th in that and got some talented youngsters. It's nice paying £2 to get in with a guaranteed parking space, with no queue for the chips or a pint at H/T  :grin: :wink:

Next season we'll have a senior side of some sort in probably one of the United Counties leagues, if the FA permits us entering etc... Hopefully we'll sign some of our older ex players that can play Saturdays in a physical league at that level and we'll begin another push back towards the more serious non-leagues.

Simeon Jackson now thats a player that always played very well against us, the last time i can to NP we had john chalanor playing for us iirc he played for you and was very well liked by most of you, and (2007) your ground was the first no smoking ground id been in (before the ban) the bar was a good size and having a carpark right outside was perfect, i agree with every word you say, the FA need to help us smaller clubs, Jamie mackie (QPR) played for us, then went to Plymouth :sick: now hes in the champ, cant remember his name but Dag and red had a striker who went to posh and scores for fun and plays for the scot nat team, without us clubs the english nat team wont improve cos i cant see many top 6 prem teams giving 18 yr olds reg first team action.

I do hope the FA let you enter a team and then you can start your journey back up to league 1 again :happy2:

Offline RobH

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 9
  • Revo stg 2+
« Reply #36 on: January 02, 2012, 09:46:09 pm »
Its city that will be taking a reality check :signLOL:

Difference is Man utd, Liverpool and Arsenal can afford to, they are what you call spending within there means. Chelsea and especially man city are no where near within there means and since when have any of the teams mentioned paid players 250k and above per week.

Arsenal of all teams you bring up is the one team in the prem run correctly, built a massive stadium which is now nearly paid off which has been a burden on there prem performance over the last 5/6 years. Having to buy young and build them into a decent squad, id fancy Arsenal to kick on once the Emirates is paid off and that is how you become a big team and genuinly have a secure future. If they was still at highbury they would now be a mid table team no question about it. There North London neighbours havnt done bad either and dont recall them needing 800 million to get them there.

Time will tell with man city and chelsea if the sugar daddys dont get bored they will be fine, if they leave the games up im afraid. That is for sure!

If you think 90 million is bad look at chelsea's 750million and man city's 800 million debt and both rising, football has gone mad!

The FA deffinatly need to support the lower league clubs but its the FA we are talking about so doubtfull that will happen.

Offline rdfcpete

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: January 02, 2012, 09:55:44 pm »
Simeon Jackson now thats a player that always played very well against us, the last time i can to NP we had john chalanor playing for us iirc he played for you and was very well liked by most of you, and (2007) your ground was the first no smoking ground id been in (before the ban) the bar was a good size and having a carpark right outside was perfect, i agree with every word you say, the FA need to help us smaller clubs, Jamie mackie (QPR) played for us, then went to Plymouth :sick: now hes in the champ, cant remember his name but Dag and red had a striker who went to posh and scores for fun and plays for the scot nat team, without us clubs the english nat team wont improve cos i cant see many top 6 prem teams giving 18 yr olds reg first team action.

I do hope the FA let you enter a team and then you can start your journey back up to league 1 again :happy2:

Challinor was a good ol' boy, hard working and ironically had his best stint for us playing up front for around 7 games! Think he scored 6 in 7 or something like that.

Yeah, Nene Park is a peach. Far too good for K**tering...
Mackie is a decent player indeed. Not Craig Mackail-Smith you mean? He always looked dangerous when we played them in league and cup.

Cheers fella - me too. Even in one of the lower UCL regions, we're only four or five leagues away from the BS Premier - we can dream eh?!  :innocent: If we see league football ever again in my lifetime, I'll be beyond a very happy chappy. I doubt we'll do it in the nine years that we did previously  :notworthy:
Pete

Offline Phil Miller

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: January 02, 2012, 10:07:04 pm »
Its city that will be taking a reality check :signLOL:

Difference is Man utd, Liverpool and Arsenal can afford to, they are what you call spending within there means. Chelsea and especially man city are no where near within there means and since when have any of the teams mentioned paid players 250k and above per week.

Arsenal of all teams you bring up is the one team in the prem run correctly, built a massive stadium which is now nearly paid off which has been a burden on there prem performance over the last 5/6 years. Having to buy young and build them into a decent squad, id fancy Arsenal to kick on once the Emirates is paid off and that is how you become a big team and genuinly have a secure future. If they was still at highbury they would now be a mid table team no question about it. There North London neighbours havnt done bad either and dont recall them needing 800 million to get them there.

Time will tell with man city and chelsea if the sugar daddys dont get bored they will be fine, if they leave the games up im afraid. That is for sure!

If you think 90 million is bad look at chelsea's 750million and man city's 800 million debt and both rising, football has gone mad!

The FA deffinatly need to support the lower league clubs but its the FA we are talking about so doubtfull that will happen.

yep agree about the gunners, Leeds 90 mill was about 10 yrs ago at the time it was a massive amount of money, Man u, now in 2005 we (Exeter City FC) drew them away in the FA cup 3rd round, OT was full and we drew 0-0 we took them back to the park and played against there first team, we lost 2 nil but had a goal disallowed at 1 down, we were ONE mill ish in debt and that one fixture saved us, my point is if you have 87,000 paying fans each week you have massive spending power and if you have debt it is servicable, others like city and chelsea will be totally fubered if the money men walk, i think tezes has got man city over a barrel, hes on a stupid amount each week and they wont play him, he should be made to play for a local non league side, it would side the crowd to capacity helping the smaller club financially and giving something back to football

Offline gobbleplease

• Thank You
  • -Given: 64
  • -Receive: 48
« Reply #39 on: January 02, 2012, 11:05:41 pm »
Not my team of the year, but ive really enjoyed arsenals journey this year !
MK5 EDITION 30 - CW - REVO S2+ - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

MK7 GTI - ARRIVING DECEMBER

MK2 GTI - RB - 1.8T - GARAGE QUEEN

Offline gtipirelli

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 7
  • Golf GTi Pirelli
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: January 03, 2012, 10:35:42 am »
so the £500 million that man Utd are in is a figment of everyones imagination

and the littlewoods pools money that financed Liverpool in the 70's and 80's

and the year end report for City does not state a debt of £800 million. It states that expenditure is greater than income by about £100m but future champs lge and merchandise revenue will grow and player purchases will fall.
Golf GTi Pirelli - Diamond Black, 5 Door - SOLD
now 718 Cayman S PDK

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: January 04, 2012, 09:33:48 am »
I take it those figures include the "Naming Rights" money which city were gifted to help balance the books and circumvent UEFA rules about expenditure and promptly named it the "Etihad Stadium" which is Arabic for the "United Stadium"  :P

And to Clarify, Utd do have debts of approx £397 Million but they also have Funds held in bank accounts totalling over £50 Million, so NET debt is £347 Million in total, they also paid off £63 million of debta in last financial year and if they continue to do that they could be free and clear in 5/6 years.

They are also very profitable with player wages being only 46% of turnover as opposed to manchester City's wage bill being 106% of turnover (hence the quick naming rights deal to keep UEFA sweet!)

Although city only show "Debts" of £41 Million, they happened to lose £197 million last year, they can thank the Arabs for plugging that gap and keeping the accounts looking semi-healthy  :laugh:

United gate receipts totalled just over 100m last year, City's were 18m.

« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 12:15:54 pm by Tamiyoman »
MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14

Offline berg

• Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 38
« Reply #42 on: April 16, 2012, 01:58:13 pm »
Ok, so only a few games left and I think would change my team now based on league performances only to -

Hart
Evra Kompany Vermaelen Walker or Baines cant decide
Bale Dempsey Silva Walcott
Van Persie Rooney

As a Liverpool fan think we have a chance of winning FA Cup but can see it being Chelsea's year as cant see them progressing in CL and we have already won the Legaue Cup. Hope Newcastle finish 4th would be good for football and funny to see Chelsea and Spurs miss out on the CL..
Diamond Black Pearl Edition 30, still going strong but now back to Stg 1

Offline Gtiain

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 66
  • -Receive: 19
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: April 16, 2012, 02:06:26 pm »
Heres my team of the year

De gea
K. Walker  J.Evans  V.Kompany  P.Evra

A. Valencia  M.Carrick  Y. Toure   D.Silva

W.Rooney   R.van Persie

Offline mvb12

• Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 64
  • VCDS - Adaptations * Coding * Diagnostics PM Me
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: April 16, 2012, 02:39:59 pm »
Szczesny

Sagna, Koscielny, Vermaelen, Gibbs

Oxlade-Chamberlain, Arteta, Rosicky

Walcott, Van Persie, Gervinho

END OF!  :signLOL:
VCDS HEX NET / VCP / ODIS - COVERING LONDON AND MIDLANDS
VCDS - Adaptations * Coding * Diagnostics PM Me
Canbus Gateway - Supply and fit (Stop battery drain issues)