Make a donation

Author Topic: Your Premiership team of the season (so far)  (Read 8517 times)

Offline andrewparker

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
Re: Your Premiership team of the season (so far)
« Reply #45 on: April 16, 2012, 02:48:26 pm »
Krul

Walker, Coloccini, Kompany, Baines

Dempsey, Cabaye, Yaya, Mata

Van Persie, Ba

PFA Team - Newcastle

PFA Manager - Pardew

Offline berg

• Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 38
« Reply #46 on: April 16, 2012, 03:34:03 pm »
Krul

Walker, Coloccini, Kompany, Baines

Dempsey, Cabaye, Yaya, Mata

Van Persie, Ba

PFA Team - Newcastle

PFA Manager - Pardew

Bit of a Geordie bias there Andrew  :signLOL:? I agree with your team and manager selection and Krul has been good but clearly Hart has no competition? Coloccini? Cabaye looks a good player but not done enough to get into a team of the season surely? Ba has been good but if was playing three up front would have to be Van Persie Rooney Aguero - no competition
Diamond Black Pearl Edition 30, still going strong but now back to Stg 1

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
« Reply #47 on: April 16, 2012, 04:04:30 pm »
Hart and Krul are too close to call in my opinion. Their saves per game ratio is nearly identical, but Krul has conceded more. You could say that Hart plays behind a vastly superior defence though. Krul is my preference because he has been absolutely pivotal to Newcastles success this season. I also worry that Hart can be a little unpredictable. He showboats a fair bit!

Either way, you could choose from at least 5 'keepers and you'd be doing well with any of them.

Offline Gtiain

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 66
  • -Receive: 19
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: April 16, 2012, 04:08:58 pm »
Hart and Krul are too close to call in my opinion. Their saves per game ratio is nearly identical, but Krul has conceded more. You could say that Hart plays behind a vastly superior defence though. Krul is my preference because he has been absolutely pivotal to Newcastles success this season. I also worry that Hart can be a little unpredictable. He showboats a fair bit!

Either way, you could choose from at least 5 'keepers and you'd be doing well with any of them.

It might be wrong but they were saying on skysports, when discussing this very subject, that de gea has the best shots to save ratio in the premiership.

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
« Reply #49 on: April 16, 2012, 04:12:45 pm »
I didn't say either had the best ratio, and I think that is right about De Gea. He wouldn't be in my top 5 though. He's just not reliable enough yet. Give him another season and I think he'll be pretty impressive.

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
« Reply #50 on: April 16, 2012, 04:51:26 pm »
Vorm

Assou Ekotto, Jonny Evans, Kompany, Baines

Dempsey, Bale, Walcott, Mata

Van Persie, Aguero

PFA Team - Man United

PFA Manager - Brendan Rogers? (Swansea)

That would be my pick
MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
« Reply #51 on: April 16, 2012, 05:09:23 pm »
My only problem with Swansea and Brendan Rogers is they very rarely change the way they play, which is great if they're winning, but no so if they're not! Case in example was our game against them. They played the same football for 90 minutes. It didn't work, but they didn't adapt, and as such we beat them. I like the strength of conviction, they play football as they want to, but sometimes you've got to grind out results.

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
« Reply #52 on: April 16, 2012, 05:10:40 pm »
I can't believe Oxlade-Chamberlain has been listed for the Young Player of the Year. As much as I like him,  he's made 5 starts and came off the bench 8 times!

Offline Gtiain

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #53 on: April 16, 2012, 05:14:29 pm »
I didn't say either had the best ratio, and I think that is right about De Gea. He wouldn't be in my top 5 though. He's just not reliable enough yet. Give him another season and I think he'll be pretty impressive.

Your spot on regarding de gea. His shot stopping and distribution is second to none. But like everyone has said, he needs to adapt to crosses.

We've got a lot of good keepers in the prem, Friedel has had a great season. It's a pity given is playing for a poor villa side because on his day he's up with the best of them. Same goes for bogdan at Bolton.

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
« Reply #54 on: April 16, 2012, 05:22:07 pm »

Your spot on regarding de gea. His shot stopping and distribution is second to none. But like everyone has said, he needs to adapt to crosses.

We've got a lot of good keepers in the prem, Friedel has had a great season. It's a pity given is playing for a poor villa side because on his day he's up with the best of them. Same goes for bogdan at Bolton.

Al-Habsi has been excellent too.

Offline Gtiain

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #55 on: April 16, 2012, 05:54:17 pm »
Regarding Pfa player of the year I think it's got to be robin van Persie. Runner up David silva.

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
« Reply #56 on: April 16, 2012, 06:39:18 pm »
Cabaye looks a good player but not done enough to get into a team of the season surely?

You're right, I overlooked Tiote, who I'd put in central midfield.

Offline Gtiain

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #57 on: April 16, 2012, 07:06:11 pm »
Cabaye looks a good player but not done enough to get into a team of the season surely?

You're right, I overlooked Tiote, who I'd put in central midfield.

I don't know whether theyre all Pardew's signings or not but he's assembled a damn good side. The likes of cabaye, tiote, Ben arfa, ba, cisse. Very good players  :happy2:

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
« Reply #58 on: April 16, 2012, 10:05:09 pm »
Regarding Pfa player of the year I think it's got to be robin van Persie.

I just couldn't do it. He is such a sore loser, and very smug when they win. very childlike. His spat with Caldwell tonight was a prime example. Man up, be gracious in defeat. But no, the press will find some way of construing it as passion.

Offline Gtiain

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #59 on: April 16, 2012, 10:07:29 pm »
Regarding Pfa player of the year I think it's got to be robin van Persie.

I just couldn't do it. He is such a sore loser, and very smug when they win. very childlike. His spat with Caldwell tonight was a prime example. Man up, be gracious in defeat. But no, the press will find some way of construing it as passion.

I was thinking the exact same thing when he refused to shake caldwells hand, pathetic really.