Make a donation

Author Topic: Photo's From JKM Rolling Road day 18th April.  (Read 17325 times)

Offline Greeners

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
Re: Photo's From JKM Rolling Road day 18th April.
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2009, 08:29:04 pm »
Thanks Steve - just out of interest - where can I get the window forum decals from - have done a quick search on the forum and can't find anything...

was an interesting drive back - 3 broken down cars causing problems in lane 1, 2 big bread crates in the road plus half an exhaust  :scared:

Dom

http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=1209.0

:happy2:

Phil Mcavity

« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2009, 08:51:08 pm »
plus half an exhaust  :scared:

Dom
That'll be Stokeballon (dave) up to his old tricks. :laugh:

If you pm any of the mods in here, they will send you in the right direction Dom :happy2:

edit: cheers Nath  :happy2:

Offline Poppa Dom

• Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 40
« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2009, 08:58:04 pm »
Yeah got the link - thanks Greenouse - Am sure I saw some smaller than 20cm on cars today, If I want to order something a little more discrete - 120mm x 30mm do I just specify when ordering. Looks like it only accepts a generic order for the large size.

Dom
« Last Edit: April 18, 2009, 09:08:54 pm by DomT »

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2009, 09:38:18 pm »
Yeah got the link - thanks Greenouse - Am sure I saw some smaller than 20cm on cars today, If I want to order something a little more discrete - 120mm x 30mm do I just specify when ordering. Looks like it only accepts a generic order for the large size.

Dom

If you pay him by paypal just put on note on the payment with your specific measurements.  :happy2:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2009, 10:43:19 pm »

Some great pics in this thread :happy2: 8) :happy2:. Some hysterically funny too :laugh:

It was a particularly nice meet - Some very familiar faces plus some new ones and a very friendly atmosphere (doubtless induced by the Bourbons).

Good to chat 'properly' with you Claire & Gary - Always only very brief in the past.

:happy2:

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2009, 11:29:49 am »
 :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

Wish I could have gone to this. Excellent turnout plus some beautiful cars.

I had replaced the air filter, and with the recent oil change, wondered whether I'd get my 8bhp back.

:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline T88OMM

• Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 17
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: April 19, 2009, 12:10:15 pm »
Looks like a great day guys, some brilliant photos too  :happy2:
TT-RS Plus - S-Tronic

Offline QD MBE

• Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 102
« Reply #37 on: April 19, 2009, 12:38:08 pm »
Well finally at home, great day yesterday.  Good to meet you all, and thanks to Dom T for the "plip" I now have.  My 08 TT owning Neighbour very jealous!

Lots of bourbons left over, twiggy got the hump and hid them! 

Any truffles up there...........................

Seriosly, it was a good day, and Twiggy's exhaust was not quite centred in the cut out, so under i went, and we got it sorted!

NB07 - hope you get hold of that Pescara, and then start to sort out your battle -scared alloys. 

That MK4 was a nice car, and the IHI A3 was interesting.  Good to meet all, and RR seats are the Dogs!!

Cheers all stokey!

Offline NB07

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 26
« Reply #38 on: April 19, 2009, 01:38:26 pm »

cheers stokey its sorted thanks to steve im picking it up in 2 weeks, just gave the wheels a good clean and only one is immaculate, even got in there with a bog brush like you said!

yup that mk4 was uber cool with the bora front end totally different    :jumping:

yeh thanks dom for the blip  :jumpmove:
Black Edition 30 DSG - Gone but not forgotten!

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 15
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: April 19, 2009, 07:15:24 pm »
Nice pics Steve.. Any other results from the day, RR etc..? Seems like JKM's rollers aren't in a very generous mood again..  :confused: 278bhp from a Stage 1 Revo car is a bit concerning.. Unless the car has faults or crap fuel etc.. :confused:

Offline bacillus

• Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 451
« Reply #40 on: April 19, 2009, 07:32:03 pm »
Any other results from the day, RR etc..? Seems like JKM's rollers aren't in a very generous mood again..  :confused: 278bhp from a Stage 1 Revo car is a bit concerning.. Unless the car has faults or crap fuel etc.. :confused:

x2
Without traction power is nothing!

Phil Mcavity

« Reply #41 on: April 19, 2009, 09:18:01 pm »
Stage 1 only will get 40bhp gain with no other mods. Stock cars came in bang on the money Ben, so Jkm's rollers are fairly accurate.

Depends Ben, If a set of rollers say your car produces X ammount thats more then other rollers then of course you gonna say the one that posted more is the one to believe in.Its a dyno lottery, which no one has the answer. Mine was down 10bhp for shoving redEx in the tank :embarrassed: (which retards the ignition timing) or lowering the octane Rating that the ECU recognises, but all other  graphs were bang on the money as my last 3 runs.

:confused: 278bhp from a Stage 1 Revo car is a bit concerning.. Unless the car has faults or crap fuel etc.. :confused:

x2
No her car is running faultless, and isnt done on power. Claire and her Husband ran some other tests prior to going on jkm's rollers which measures the cars estimated bhp.(Cant remember what it was but something to do with air mass flow?) It came out 2bhp out.
So to see 2 stock cars pull stock factory figures, and claires came out near on exactly as they predicted, was some sort of proof that they are fairly accurate and not "Optimistic" as some other roads can be.
Remember she has only a map and nothing else, no exhaust , just standard so 290 teritory would be a reasonable estimate if she had those fitted.

We're back to this same old argument which will never be solved in anyones opinion.
Its not all about chasing "Big numbers" as at the end of the day, thats not the be all and end all.

If stock cars were running alot below stock horsepower then i would agree that jkm's DD rollers could be questionable. But in 3 outings, not one has been uncomprehendable.
If Been on Regals Rollers and didnt take there 251bhp on a stock car as realistic that they gave me. I refuse to believe it.Although torque readings WERE identical at both Locations.
But these are of course my own oppinion so whether anyone doesnt agree well, ill come kick em and nick all their Bourbans from their biscuit Barrels, so be warned :wink:
« Last Edit: April 19, 2009, 09:33:21 pm by Phil Mcavity »

Offline Golfgirl

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 23
« Reply #42 on: April 19, 2009, 09:31:14 pm »
I had a great day.  Was nice to see some familiar faces again and also meet new ones.....everyone was really friendly :happy2:

It was an early start for us - we had to leave at 0630 to get there for 0900 and we didn't get home again until 2115 - went down to the seafront for lunch then stopped off at Newbury to visit a friend on the way home.

I'm pleased with my results, and like Phil said, I got more or less what I was expecting.  The reason I travelled all the way to JKM was because I attended a previous rolling road day there in October when my car was standard and got 227bhp which was bang on the money.  I wanted to see what difference the Revo Stage 1 had made so wanted to go on the same rollers.  Seeing as my first run produced book figure, I am happy that yesterdays 278bhp is accurate.  I run Tesco 99 fuel and apart from a misfire on one of my runs yesterday (which didn't affect the power) I have no faults.

FOR SALE!

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: April 19, 2009, 09:31:35 pm »
Stage 1 only will get 40bhp gain with no other mods. Stock cars came in bang on the money Ben, so Jkm's rollers are accurate.

Depends Ben, If a set of rollers say your car produces x ammount thats more then other rollers then of course you gonna say the one that posted more is the one to believe in.Its a dyno lottery, which no one has the answer. Mine were down 10bhp for shoving redEx in the tank, but all other  graphs were bang on the money as my last 3 runs.

:confused: 278bhp from a Stage 1 Revo car is a bit concerning.. Unless the car has faults or crap fuel etc.. :confused:

x2
No her car is running faultless, and isnt done on power. Claire and her Husband ran some other tests prior to going on jkm's rollers which measures the cars estimated bhp. It came out 2bhp out.
So to see 2 stock cars pull stock factory figures, and claires came out exactly as they predicted, was some sort of proof that they are fairly accurate and not "Optimistic" as some other roads can be.
Remember she has only a map and nothing else, no exhaust , just standard so 290 teritory would be a reasonable estimate.

We're back to this same old argument which will never be solved in anyones opinion.
Its not all about chasing "Big numbers" as at the end of the day, thats not the be all and end all.
I agree mate that it's not all about chasing numbers. But it just seems that JKM seem to be the only RR in the country that I have seen that consistantly give low figures on mapped/tuned cars.. 290bhp terriotory is a reasonable estimate, yeah. But it's not 290bhp, it's 278bhp and if I had payed £500 for 300bhp, that is what I would want, not 22bhp less..
I for one don't really care whether my car RR's at 330bhp or 33bhp as it is what it is and still goes like stink (when I can drive it  :grin:). But if I was to put mine on JKM's rollers and it pulled around 290bhp then I would seriously question it's accuracy as it goes a lot quicker than 290bhp and would defy the laws of physics if it actually was..
Just seems odd that when some of our chaps run there car at JKM compared to other RR's, they are always way down on what they read elsewhere (even if they are another set of DD rollers like Weston Performance for instance)..
Like you say though, it's going to be near on impossible to prove and you can't fault JKM's accuracy for standard car's figures, but it just seems that modded/mapped cars always seem to pull crap results compared to every other RR in the country..  :confused:

Once I am back on the road I will definately make the long trip down to JKM just to get a comparison.. Be interesting if anything else.. :happy2:
« Last Edit: April 19, 2009, 09:37:23 pm by Vtec Abuser »

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: April 19, 2009, 09:33:52 pm »
I had a great day.  Was nice to see some familiar faces again and also meet new ones.....everyone was really friendly :happy2:

It was an early start for us - we had to leave at 0630 to get there for 0900 and we didn't get home again until 2115 - went down to the seafront for lunch then stopped off at Newbury to visit a friend on the way home.

I'm pleased with my results, and like Phil said, I got more or less what I was expecting.  The reason I travelled all the way to JKM was because I attended a previous rolling road day there in October when my car was standard and got 227bhp which was bang on the money.  I wanted to see what difference the Revo Stage 1 had made so wanted to go on the same rollers.  Seeing as my first run produced book figure, I am happy that yesterdays 278bhp is accurate.  I run Tesco 99 fuel and apart from a misfire on one of my runs yesterday (which didn't affect the power) I have no faults.
What torque figure did you get Golfgirl? Have you got your graph to hand to have a butchers at?
At the end of the day it's about the day out more than anything else and RR days are always a great laugh. Just JKM's results puzzle me sometimes though.. :grin: