Make a donation

Author Topic: Volant Intake System for TFSI  (Read 79348 times)

Offline Tamiyoman

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
Re: Volant Intake System for TFSI
« Reply #60 on: April 09, 2012, 10:13:37 pm »
Thats on a std GTI, I read somewhere else that on a K04 it was more like 15-16bhp at flywheel. Still cheaper than twintake tho and not a twintake  :signLOL:
MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14

Offline 56OctyVRS

• Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 71
« Reply #61 on: April 09, 2012, 10:15:57 pm »
For the money id prob go with the volant, but I dont know if that airbox would fit my octy vrs?
Frozen White Ford Focus 1.6 Ecoboost Titanium.
Mods so far - Superchips Bluefin, High Flow Air Box

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #62 on: April 09, 2012, 11:59:16 pm »
I dont know mate, im probably gonna go for either Volant or AWE for my Ed30 tho.

***EDIT***

Well I just bit the bullett and bought the Volant Intake system for my ED30 (Will need K04 pipe adding), I had found them on ebay for $265USD inc free shipping (£168.42)to my US address (have a good mate lives there) and was going with that but after 30 minutes searching on google I found a website that had it priced at $257 Shipped and you could make an offer :happy2: so I offered $238.70 (£155) and it rejected offer  :sad1: BUT it came back with a counter offer $243.47 (£158.09 Shipped) :jumpmove: so I went for it  :wink:

Sorry for not waiting for the group buy, but if I see it and want it and have the money its done  :signLOL:

Good thing is my mate will make sure its Well packaged for its journey to the UK  :happy2:
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 12:56:08 am by Tamiyoman »

Offline donovan2123

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
« Reply #63 on: April 10, 2012, 06:12:23 am »
Brilliant  :happy2:
keep us updated.

Offline monte

• Thank You
  • -Given: 116
  • -Receive: 134
  • Global Ruler
    • Deep-Shine Detail. Detailing-Wrapping-Tints. Lincoln.
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,67679.0.html
« Reply #64 on: April 10, 2012, 08:14:22 am »
I dont know mate, im probably gonna go for either Volant or AWE for my Ed30 tho.

***EDIT***

Well I just bit the bullett and bought the Volant Intake system for my ED30 (Will need K04 pipe adding), I had found them on ebay for $265USD inc free shipping (£168.42)to my US address (have a good mate lives there) and was going with that but after 30 minutes searching on google I found a website that had it priced at $257 Shipped and you could make an offer :happy2: so I offered $238.70 (£155) and it rejected offer  :sad1: BUT it came back with a counter offer $243.47 (£158.09 Shipped) :jumpmove: so I went for it  :wink:

Sorry for not waiting for the group buy, but if I see it and want it and have the money its done  :signLOL:

Good thing is my mate will make sure its Well packaged for its journey to the UK  :happy2:

So did you buy it with delivery to the UK? Or are you saying that you paid $243 shipped to your friend in the US who is then going to ship it to you?

Sorry, your last post was a little confusing.  :ashamed:

So if all works well are you and your American friend going to sort a groupbuy?  :popcornsoda:

:smiley:

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #65 on: April 10, 2012, 08:24:26 am »

***EDIT***

So did you buy it with delivery to the UK? Or are you saying that you paid $243 shipped to your friend in the US who is then going to ship it to you?

Sorry, your last post was a little confusing.  :ashamed:

So if all works well are you and your American friend going to sort a groupbuy?  :popcornsoda:

Sorry that was last post before bed, not written too clearly I think  :signLOL:

The price (£158.09) includes shipping to my mate in USA, he will post it on to me at actual cost to him (I do the same for him with items he buys from UK  :happy2:) so all is well (Would imagine post will be around £40) , he will also make sure its packed properly for its journey over the pond.

I was not planning on a group buy as the OP was organising that, dont want to be treading on toes do I.  :happy2:
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 08:26:04 am by Tamiyoman »

Offline nezquick

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 33
« Reply #66 on: April 10, 2012, 08:37:35 am »

***EDIT***

Well I just bit the bullett and bought the Volant Intake system for my ED30 (Will need K04 pipe adding), I had found them on ebay for $265USD inc free shipping (£168.42)to my US address (have a good mate lives there) and was going with that but after 30 minutes searching on google I found a website that had it priced at $257 Shipped and you could make an offer :happy2: so I offered $238.70 (£155) and it rejected offer  :sad1: BUT it came back with a counter offer $243.47 (£158.09 Shipped) :jumpmove: so I went for it  :wink:

Sorry for not waiting for the group buy, but if I see it and want it and have the money its done  :signLOL:

Good thing is my mate will make sure its Well packaged for its journey to the UK  :happy2:

Sorry, your last post was a little confusing.  :ashamed:

So if all works well are you and your American friend going to sort a groupbuy?  :popcornsoda:

Sorry that was last post before bed, not written too clearly I think  :signLOL:

The price (£158.09) includes shipping to my mate in USA, he will post it on to me at actual cost to him (I do the same for him with items he buys from UK  :happy2:) so all is well (Would imagine post will be around £40) , he will also make sure its packed properly for its journey over the pond.

I was not planning on a group buy as the OP was organising that, dont want to be treading on toes do I.  :happy2:

so is there actually going to be a group buy OP?

Offline monte

• Thank You
  • -Given: 116
  • -Receive: 134
  • Global Ruler
    • Deep-Shine Detail. Detailing-Wrapping-Tints. Lincoln.
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,67679.0.html
« Reply #67 on: April 10, 2012, 08:39:17 am »
Cheers Tam,  :happy2:

Amazing price none-the-less.  :laugh:

So you are looking at £200ish to your door, (plus maybe a bit for the duty) and then £26 for the K04 25mm Take-off hose adapter on ebay.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251033478062?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_1209wt_922

Looks an Awesome bit of kit. The pipe looks HUGE where it meets the air box.  :laugh:

Still, as someone else mentioned, It would be interesting to see how it handles engine movement.

It looks a very rigid design.

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #68 on: April 10, 2012, 08:49:54 am »
Yes it will be good to see how it handles movement, I suspect that there is room at the front (Airbox side) for movement there, they designed it for best delivery of clean/cold air, cold air from front and also no pipe joins so no restriction to flow, and that large pipe at box end contains the filter hence its size  :happy2:

Yes about £200 all in I hope inc shipping, then just buy the take off for £20 and get it fitted, either way it makes a difference to seeing a TT or ITG and at £150 less than those 2  :notworthy:

Offline donovan2123

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
« Reply #69 on: April 10, 2012, 05:23:03 pm »
Yes I will be hopefully organising a group buy.

I had response regarding gen 1 and 2 difference and the response I got was:

The Gen 2 and the Gen 1 are the same size filters, the difference is the Fluting or Channeling where the dirt is trapped – Once we have more info I will send it to you. We greatly appreciate your interest in this kit and I can assure you that once we have all the components in stock I will take good care of your Forum Members.

so I think the best thing to do is just be patient for now

Offline 56OctyVRS

• Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 71
« Reply #70 on: April 10, 2012, 05:39:34 pm »
Looking at the size of the silicone hose, it is longer than other air filters and I would presume have quite a bit of flexibility in it.
Frozen White Ford Focus 1.6 Ecoboost Titanium.
Mods so far - Superchips Bluefin, High Flow Air Box

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #71 on: April 10, 2012, 06:26:48 pm »
Looking at the size of the silicone hose, it is longer than other air filters and I would presume have quite a bit of flexibility in it.

Yes I would think it should be able to flex with that tapered hose, on the twintake the pipes are joined so close together with silicone tube that it would prevent flexing there anyway, so I imagine they flex only around the area where filters sit, im sure (hope) the Volant does the same.

Emailed my mate to let him know its on its way to him (got notified of shipping 20 minutes ago!), should be with him in around 5 days and with me around 10-12 days later, just gotta be patient now (not one of my strengths usually to be honest  :grin: :grin:)

Offline alackofspeed

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 24
    • Email
« Reply #72 on: April 10, 2012, 10:38:14 pm »
I'll be interested to see how you get on with this device - I like the almost OEM appearance.

My only issue is that there's nothing I can see in the design to detach the device from the engine's movements, especially as the intake appears to attach to the gearbox end of the head. Any movement of head will be somehow transferred to the main shrouding.

Offline nezquick

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 33
« Reply #73 on: April 11, 2012, 08:42:03 am »
 :party: looking forward to more on this!

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #74 on: April 11, 2012, 09:16:49 am »
I'll be interested to see how you get on with this device - I like the almost OEM appearance.

My only issue is that there's nothing I can see in the design to detach the device from the engine's movements, especially as the intake appears to attach to the gearbox end of the head. Any movement of head will be somehow transferred to the main shrouding.

IM not sure if its actually anchored there as on the picture in post above it does not look to be anchored to me?, not sure what that is for?