Make a donation

Author Topic: ±±±±±± Formula 1, 2012 Season. ±±±±±  (Read 152353 times)

Offline MC71

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 413
  • -Receive: 427
  • Mk7 R
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,113185.0.html
Re: ±±±±±± Formula 1, 2012 Season. ±±±±±
« Reply #240 on: May 12, 2012, 08:38:43 pm »

And no doubt driving like madman tomorrow :popcornsoda: :grin:

The very reason I put money on him to get a podium finish, when he puts his mind to it that fella can really overtake.
 :happy2:

Build thread Stage 2+ Edition 30 ~~Clicky here~~

Offline keith

• Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 32
« Reply #241 on: May 12, 2012, 10:35:00 pm »
Taken from the BBC site
The rules on fuel were changed by F1's governing body, the FIA, after a similar problem with Hamilton's car at the 2010 Canadian Grand Prix

Offline vRS Carl

• Thank You
  • -Given: 282
  • -Receive: 240
  • I'm the F.A.G (Forum Apple Guru)
« Reply #242 on: May 12, 2012, 10:37:57 pm »
Hamilton's pit crew need sacking. How the fcuk does someone manage to put too little fuel in.  :stupid:

It seems like McLaren are going for "fcuk up of the season" award.

Offline driver rider

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 10
« Reply #243 on: May 12, 2012, 11:01:51 pm »
Im gutted for hamilton....i think he'll drive with a  point to prove....i pray he keeps his head...
3 Door GTI Black, Cruise Control, DSG, Factory Tints, Folding Mirrors, Heated Seats, Highline Display, Leather, Monza II's, MFSW, Parking Sensors, Puddle Lights,  Xenons,

To be fitted....Bluetooth,DVB-T, MDI, RNS510, Stage one (opinions much appreciated)

Offline vRS Carl

• Thank You
« Reply #244 on: May 12, 2012, 11:08:01 pm »
This makes interesting reading from one of Jenson Buttons team that manage his face ache profile. I've highlighted a particularly interesting bit

Quote from:  Anti-Lag
Anti-Lag here. Well I was about to pen my own views on the weekend so far with a few insider revelations and insights but as I opened up the lap top I was greeted by an email that Lewis was under investigation for not making it back to scrutineering under his own power at the end of qualifying. So I held off for a while until all the news came in, I received many messages saying things don't look good and indeed a very glum Sam Michael was seen exiting a meeting with FIA stewards.

Sat here I was wondering how can McLaren have made just a stupid mistake, then I remembered that they have Martin Whitmarsh at the helm and it all became clear......Crystal clear. This team has a very, very strong chance to take this years championship, both constructors and driver's but the team are throwing it away with bodged pit shops, questionable strategy calls and odd calls all round. Both Jenson and Lewis have been given the sh*tty end of a silver and red stick at different times this season and right now it doesn't seem that they'll be given the shiny clean end any time soon.

Mclaren then applied the tried and tested Red Bull strategy of crying 'force majeure' with the hope that the FIA would fall for it and they could benefit from their pre-planned 'mistake'.

So there we were, debating what penalty would be applied, a 5 place grid drop? Hamilton's fastest lap removed? Or would the FIA completely exclude him from Q3? Because this was Hamilton and McLaren we all knew that a penalty was on the horizon even though at the last race in Bahrain a number of drivers pulled up at the end of qualifying because they ''were short on fuel and wouldn't make it back [to the pit lane] with enough fuel to give a sample'', now there were no investigations and no penalties were given, this was more than likely in the mindset of McLaren this weekend so they low fueled Lewis for his final run and what a run it was too, Lewis absolutely drove the wheels off his motor and took a very well deserved pole.

The news came in, the FIA had stripped Lewis and the team of their pole position, I wasn't surprised. Then as I read the statement I had to check my eyesight, no surely not, they can't have.....sh*t they have! Not only have the FIA stripped Lewis of his pole but they'd excluded him completely from qualifying and allowing him to start from the back of the grid!............BULLsh*t!

This is an utterly farcical decision and I want to know what the point of the rules are if they are so shoddily enforced. Last race the same thing happened TWICE and the FIA did sod all, this weekend ONE team does the same and they are handed a penalty and an extreme one at that.

It makes me think back to when Schumacher was dragged over broken glass after his now infamous move on Barrichello........wait a minute didn't Rosberg do the exact same thing TWICE in Bahrain? Yes he did and what did the FIA do to him? NOTHING!!! But they quite clearly insinuated that the drivers who were at fault during the two moves were the cars behind, hmmmm something is not right here.

Oh and while we're at it, what on God's green earth is the point of yet another one of the FIA's rules, you know the one, that's right, the 107% rule. I see that Narain is racing tomorrow so he must have got his HRT well within 107% of the fastest time.................Hmmmmm.

I suppose you could say that all of this is just my opinion as after all, opinions are like Arseholes, everybody has one.......It's just that FIA's one STINKS!

Anti-Lag.

Offline MC71

• Thank You
  • Mk7 R
« Reply #245 on: May 12, 2012, 11:17:07 pm »
^^^^ because it's McLaren. FIA still pi**ed about the 2007 Formula One espionage controversy IMO. Any chance to shaft the Woking boys their there.

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #246 on: May 12, 2012, 11:20:58 pm »
Ferrari told the FIA to throw the book at them.

Offline vRS Carl

• Thank You
« Reply #247 on: May 12, 2012, 11:24:09 pm »

:grin:

The way the FIA/stewards are towards Hamilton reminds me of Senna/Balestre. It's becoming a joke.

You can bet if Hamilton had done what Rosberg did in Bahrain he would have been bent over and dry bummed by the stewards.

Offline MC71

• Thank You
  • Mk7 R
« Reply #248 on: May 12, 2012, 11:30:20 pm »

Just wish the FIA would have the balls to stand up to Ferrari (just once). Next time Ferrari threaten to leave the F1 championship, FIA should call their bluff and say "Theres the door, f**k off and good luck starting your own series".

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #249 on: May 13, 2012, 07:34:56 am »
^^ But surely you understand and agree with their reasons for those threats?

Offline MC71

• Thank You
  • Mk7 R
« Reply #250 on: May 13, 2012, 09:00:35 am »
^^ But surely you understand and agree with their reasons for those threats?

Yes and no. "The Resource Restriction Agreemant", like it or not, is there for the good of all the teams. In the real world there will always be teams with more money for R&D and Ferrari are in a unique position as F1 R&D will directly link into their road cars.

Ferrari president Luca di Montezemolo said that Ferarri's continued presence in Formula 1 is dependent on major changes to the rules, he said they would not back down over technical regulations, testing rules and third cars.
Direct quote from LDM ""Formula 1 is still our life, but without Ferrari there is no Formula 1, just as without Formula 1 Ferrari would be different," not exactly a veiled threat was it?

F1 has always been (and should always continue to be) the extreme cutting edge of technology in R&D and as long as all of FOTA are on board with what the top teams do then fine.

Was that the book/dossier that McLaren stole from them  :signLOL:

Offline vRS Carl

• Thank You
« Reply #251 on: May 13, 2012, 12:44:34 pm »
I wonder if Hamilton will be allowed to start on whatever tyres he wants. Would be a bonus of he could go long straight away.

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #252 on: May 13, 2012, 12:48:04 pm »

Ferrari president Luca di Montezemolo said that Ferarri's continued presence in Formula 1 is dependent on major changes to the rules, he said they would not back down over technical regulations, testing rules and third cars.
Direct quote from LDM ""Formula 1 is still our life, but without Ferrari there is no Formula 1, just as without Formula 1 Ferrari would be different," not exactly a veiled threat was it?

I think that is very big-headed of Ferrari. At the end of the day F1 is bigger than 1 team (ok maybe not HRT).

If Ferrari jogged on it would upset some people but it would be soon forgotten about.

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #253 on: May 13, 2012, 02:19:34 pm »
Come on Alonso, I reckon this is in the bag!

Offline vRS Carl

• Thank You
« Reply #254 on: May 13, 2012, 02:44:07 pm »
Chuffed to fcuk Metal Mickey beat the Cry Baby.

Good drive by Hamilton to finish 8th