Make a donation

Author Topic: ±±±±±± Formula 1, 2012 Season. ±±±±±  (Read 153057 times)

Offline Poverty

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 21
Re: ±±±±±± Formula 1, 2012 Season. ±±±±±
« Reply #570 on: September 28, 2012, 10:07:15 am »
It's Whitmarsh fault partly that he's left. And let's face it, Macca couldn't live up to his ambitions in life. They have thrown away yet another title.

Oh well lifelong Macca fan here, will still support em, but Mercedes will be my number 1 team now I think.

Macca will be in wilderness with no top driver now. Times must be hard for them if they want pay driver perez!!

Could explain why they couldn't pay Hamilton as much as they do button their slower driver in this new contract

Offline JPC

• Thank You
  • -Given: 93
  • -Receive: 111
« Reply #571 on: September 28, 2012, 10:14:16 am »
I knew it was going to happen!

Just waiting for ferrari to sign Perez now for 2013  :happy2:

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #572 on: September 28, 2012, 10:19:03 am »
I knew it was going to happen!

Just waiting for ferrari to sign Perez now for 2013  :happy2:

McLaren have already signed him Jay.

Offline JPC

• Thank You
  • -Given: 93
  • -Receive: 111
« Reply #573 on: September 28, 2012, 11:01:53 am »
why did i type ferrari?haha! HEads up my arse this morning i meant mclaren. I really like perez, hope he does well in his new seat!

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #574 on: September 28, 2012, 11:11:36 am »
Ferrari seem firm on Massa staying in 2013, which kind of adds weight to the Vettel move in 2014.

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 801
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=j3mclj7br6g2t9ibl6r1brv3ur&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #575 on: September 28, 2012, 11:33:11 am »
I dont think that Hamilton has got it in him to be consistently quick and win... regardless of team.

Offline MC71

• Thank You
  • -Given: 413
  • -Receive: 427
  • Mk7 R
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,113185.0.html
« Reply #576 on: September 28, 2012, 11:57:58 am »
Am a fan of Lewis and think this could be the right decision on his part. I'm sure a lot of it is about money (how much is enough though  :stupid:) and Mercedes are a major global brand and with his head being tuned by his management company this seemed inevitable.

Aren't MacLaren losing their engines next year, or their becoming just a "customer" for the engines? Going to be second tier outfit next year IMO.

Build thread Stage 2+ Edition 30 ~~Clicky here~~

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #577 on: September 28, 2012, 12:09:46 pm »
I think the best thing Lewis can do is ditch the sh*tsinger. I think he can do the job at Mercedes but not with her whispering sweet nothings in his ear.

As for Perez. Good job in the Sauber, hopefully with a better car he can turn it round. If anything it might give Button a bit more of a push.

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #578 on: September 28, 2012, 01:49:38 pm »
I'm gutted Lewis is leaving.  Even if they are paying him more money, it doesnt make sense.  Moving to a team that is consistently mediocre and fighting in the midfield from a team that has a front running car!!

Just don't get it.  I reckon Perez will be one to watch at McLaren now though. And i bet Button is over the moon that Hamilton is moving to Mercedes, now he has a chance of being the fastest driver in the team, that is until we see what Perez can pull out of the bag!!

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
« Reply #579 on: September 28, 2012, 01:52:17 pm »
I think the best thing Lewis can do is ditch the sh*tsinger. I think he can do the job at Mercedes but not with her whispering sweet nothings in his ear.

As for Perez. Good job in the Sauber, hopefully with a better car he can turn it round. If anything it might give Button a bit more of a push.
The sauber is already a top car, if you look at its cornering speeds at some of the tracks it's actually been the strongest car in some races. Just hasn't got the drivers to back it up.

Alonso or Hamilton would have already won in that car.

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
« Reply #580 on: September 28, 2012, 01:57:16 pm »
I dont think that Hamilton has got it in him to be consistently quick and win... regardless of team.

Why?

Too many people talk of Hamilton like they know him on a personal level. People only know what's in the papers and we all know papers write crap to sell stories.

On the face of it, all we know about the guy is that he's one of the quickest drivers, he doesn't like all the PR work he has to do with mclaren, he wants to keep his trophies, wants to win more championships, and has won in every series he's raced in.

We also know of it wasn't for mclaren cockups and I reliability he would be leading the championship, so I'm really confused by your comment.

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #581 on: September 28, 2012, 02:49:09 pm »
I'm gutted Lewis is leaving. Even if they are paying him more money, it doesnt make sense. Moving to a team that is consistently mediocre and fighting in the midfield from a team that has a front running car!!

This season maybe, but rumour is that Mercedes are investing massively in the team with the aim of having the quickest car on the grid next year. Plus they have a master tactician in Brawn. On top of that we have no idea what engine McLaren will be using next year.

As far as money is concerned, I don't know what business you're in, but if you were offered double your salary to work for one of your competitors would you not do it?

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #582 on: September 28, 2012, 03:10:59 pm »
This season maybe, but rumour is that Mercedes are investing massively in the team with the aim of having the quickest car on the grid next year. Plus they have a master tactician in Brawn. On top of that we have no idea what engine McLaren will be using next year.

to be fair, isnt that what all the teams want?

I hope your right though, im a Hamilton fanboy, i want him to win the title again.  Interesting point in the McLaren engine though, the Merc engine has always been one of the best, so its got alot to live upto.

As far as money is concerned, I don't know what business you're in, but if you were offered double your salary to work for one of your competitors would you not do it?

With my wages, yeah damn right id change.

But if i was earning millions already and had the option of

A- being offered slightly less, but ultimately still millions to stay at one of the top 3 teams in F1 with the best chance of winning the title(IMO of course)

or

B- Being offered more money but ultimately its still millions but being at a team that have not been at the top of their game in the last few seasons, but are promising to deliver the title because they are 'investing'

I'd go with option A every time.  I mean whats an extra million or two, when your already earning multimillion sums of money, and get gifted cars, clothes, holidays etc etc. 

Shame, it was great to have a British team with British drivers and bosses etc.  Hope it works for him though. 

Any news on the other drivers?

Offline WhiteGTI

• Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 22
  • F-A-S-T
« Reply #583 on: September 28, 2012, 03:16:10 pm »
It's quite obviously not just about the money. It comes down to the other things, such as the lack of involvement of Ron Dennis these days, AKA Hamilton's main mentor, and the person who brought him in and nurtured him at McLaren. Then this whole issue of keeping the trophies, and the associated PR benefits that the "Celebrity" Hamilton now desires.

Personally I think he's made the right move, and if the original Silver Arrows are anything to go by i.e. the last time Mercedes willingly threw unlimited budgets at motorsport, then it'll be a success!

I'm now praying that we still see Schumacher in 2013!  :smiley:
2008 Golf GTI - Revo Stage 2 NOW SOLD

2006 E46 BMW M3 - 343hp
2000 Lotus Elise Sport160 - 160hp

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 801
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=j3mclj7br6g2t9ibl6r1brv3ur&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #584 on: September 28, 2012, 03:17:39 pm »

Why?

Too many people talk of Hamilton like they know him on a personal level. People only know what's in the papers and we all know papers write crap to sell stories.

On the face of it, all we know about the guy is that he's one of the quickest drivers, he doesn't like all the PR work he has to do with mclaren, he wants to keep his trophies, wants to win more championships, and has won in every series he's raced in.

We also know of it wasn't for mclaren cockups and I reliability he would be leading the championship, so I'm really confused by your comment.

Yeah thats exactly what I meant....   :stupid:

We will see wont we.... If he is fast next year and winning the lions share of races I will eat my words... but IMO he wont.