Make a donation

Author Topic: ±±±±±± Formula 1, 2012 Season. ±±±±±  (Read 153090 times)

Offline RedRobin

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
Re: ±±±±±± Formula 1, 2012 Season. ±±±±±
« Reply #780 on: November 29, 2012, 04:40:29 pm »

If that lad fell in sh*t he'd come up smelling of Roses!!  :confused:

....So true and we all need Lady Luck to smile on us. I don't know if you watch the BBC Red Button much (I don't have Sky TV) but Seb Vettel always comes across as such a genuine and great guy.

I'm glad if this issue is now resolved and closed - It's best for everyone concerned.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #781 on: November 29, 2012, 04:42:45 pm »
I do and I've already mentioned earlier in the thread he seems a really nice guy. Still doesn't mean I have to like him or his team.......

Offline jedi-knight83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 41
    • Cambridge Autogleam Detailing
« Reply #782 on: November 29, 2012, 07:05:50 pm »
The BBC article on the yellow flag pass seems to be for one on lap 4 on verne. But I also saw one later on with kobayashi?

I dont think they will reverse the decision this late on now... But for me its a hollow victory for vettel... One in which he overtook under yellows twice as far as I can see and was then let passed by other drivers (Schumacher for one who isnt even in the same team! and lots of other cars weren't exactly putting up a fight!).

I think he is cool, but im bored of his winning now.
Golf GTI DSG "ED30 Tribute" - RTech: 254bhp / 323lbft | MK6 GTI DSG S.Wheel | MK6 GTI speedo | MK6 climate | RCD510DAB | Bluetooth | Milltek Cat back | H&R Springs & Rear ARB | WALK | 19" BBS CH | MK7R 340mm brakes - INFO

Nasir

« Reply #783 on: November 29, 2012, 07:21:55 pm »
The BBC article on the yellow flag pass seems to be for one on lap 4 on verne. But I also saw one later on with kobayashi?

I dont think they will reverse the decision this late on now... But for me its a hollow victory for vettel... One in which he overtook under yellows twice as far as I can see and was then let passed by other drivers (Schumacher for one who isnt even in the same team! and lots of other cars weren't exactly putting up a fight!).

I think he is cool, but im bored of his winning now.

The Kobayashi move was legal as they were yellow and red lights which indicated a slippery surface. The Vergne pass seems to have settled even with Ferrari sending a letter to the FIA, apparently there's a marshal waving a green flag before the yellow light.

I agree that other drivers not putting up a fight was quite boring. I hate how Sky said he's amazing at overtaking now, he clearly has a faster car and nobody but the top teams even put up a fight. Alonso showed he was the better driver this season.

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 21
« Reply #784 on: November 29, 2012, 07:53:16 pm »
LOL, highest paid drivers in the world get special boards to tell them that the surface is slippery.  :stupid:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #785 on: November 29, 2012, 11:43:02 pm »

LOL, highest paid drivers in the world get special boards to tell them that the surface is slippery.  :stupid:

....At speeds of up to approaching 200 mph even you would benefit from such information. It's as much about safety and saving lives.

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #786 on: November 29, 2012, 11:58:23 pm »

....At speeds of up to approaching 200 mph even you would benefit from such information. It's as much about safety and saving lives.

Well maybe they should make the cars slower then so it's not too much trouble for the drivers and they can then drive safely according to the conditions...

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #787 on: November 30, 2012, 12:02:31 am »

LOL, highest paid drivers in the world get special boards to tell them that the surface is slippery.  :stupid:

Well maybe they should make the cars slower then so it's not too much trouble for the drivers and they can then drive safely according to the conditions...

....Maybe, but that's not what racing is all about. The flag system has always been a feature of motorsport regardless of speed, for good reason.

Nasir

« Reply #788 on: November 30, 2012, 01:04:42 am »

If that information can be made available to them, then it obviously should be there. Nobody is doubting their ability but sometimes it may help them. Nobody wants to see a fatal crash and that might just prevent it whilst not detracting from the F1 experience. They do have a lot to think about in the car and maybe that particular sector has less traction than the rest of the track at that given time.

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #789 on: December 19, 2012, 01:11:35 pm »
Great news about Max Chilton joining the ranks of British drivers on the grid.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula-one/20766042

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #790 on: December 19, 2012, 01:14:39 pm »
Nice. Shame about the team but I suppose you have to start somewhere.

Is he Tom Chilton's brother?

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
« Reply #791 on: December 19, 2012, 01:26:54 pm »
Nice. Shame about the team but I suppose you have to start somewhere.

Is he Tom Chilton's brother?

Yep, Tom's Brother. He was racing in GP2 for the Carlin team, who are backed by Marussia.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #792 on: December 19, 2012, 01:32:12 pm »
Hmm, methinks that he'll find it difficult to rise through the ranks and grid unless Marussia greatly improve their cars. Could be another of those drivers who has a short-lived F1 career.

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
« Reply #793 on: December 19, 2012, 01:41:13 pm »
Down there it's all about paid drives. At least Paul Di Resta stands a chance of being noticed because Force India are (or can be) relatively competitive. You could almost imagine driving for Marussia would do your reputation more harm than good!

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #794 on: December 19, 2012, 01:51:02 pm »

You could almost imagine driving for Marussia would do your reputation more harm than good!

....That's exactly my gut feeling - Unfortunately! But as Hedge says, you have to start somewhere.

Weren't Jordan pretty small when Schumi started his F1 career with them?
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 01:52:53 pm by RedRobin »