Make a donation

Author Topic: ....OMG..........PANIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 29435 times)

Offline VC

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 80
  • -Receive: 93
    • Very Cherry Stickers and Decals
Re: ....OMG..........PANIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2012, 12:27:55 pm »
ive seen that stobart program..... how hard can it be, one articulated fluid truck is just like another? except they wont have to stop every five meters to check for roadside bombs

Offline vRS Carl

• Thank You
  • -Given: 282
  • -Receive: 240
  • I'm the F.A.G (Forum Apple Guru)
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2012, 12:30:22 pm »
I saw that too.

I thought similar to myself. The lads drive UST's (Army fuel truck) with 7000litres of fuel around Afghan so i'm sure they will manage around the UK  :grin:

As usual the twonks are now feeling threatend because (as with the fire strikes) the Army will get the job done far cheaper than what they cost.

Cnuts :fighting:

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2012, 12:43:07 pm »
I saw that too.

I thought similar to myself. The lads drive UST's (Army fuel truck) with 7000litres of fuel around Afghan so i'm sure they will manage around the UK  :grin:

As usual the twonks are now feeling threatend because (as with the fire strikes) the Army will get the job done far cheaper than what they cost.

Cnuts :fighting:

HGV drivers get well paid as it is, my ex GF's father was getting 39K per year for an 8 hour day and that was 7 years ago!! and he drives around frozen food!

Pretty sure the army will manage driving around fuel tankers, they do it themselves anyway, only issue they might have is finding the stations, give em all a Tom Tom and they will absolutely fine!
If the blockades were to do with fuel prices I could 100% understand, but wanting a pay increase in a recession when everyone else is getting either redundancy or pay cuts is taking the p155!
MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14

Offline jedi-knight83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 41
    • Cambridge Autogleam Detailing
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2012, 12:46:21 pm »
So the fuel strike is about the drivers pay and conditions rather than the fuel prices?
Golf GTI DSG "ED30 Tribute" - RTech: 254bhp / 323lbft | MK6 GTI DSG S.Wheel | MK6 GTI speedo | MK6 climate | RCD510DAB | Bluetooth | Milltek Cat back | H&R Springs & Rear ARB | WALK | 19" BBS CH | MK7R 340mm brakes - INFO

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 801
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2012, 12:48:30 pm »
Well the shell garage near me is closed... not quite sure why.  :confused:

Offline vRS Carl

• Thank You
  • -Given: 282
  • -Receive: 240
  • I'm the F.A.G (Forum Apple Guru)
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2012, 12:51:35 pm »
So the fuel strike is about the drivers pay and conditions rather than the fuel prices?

Yup

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-17502973

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2012, 01:01:51 pm »
To be fair, it's difficult to argue with when their employers are making billions in profits. I'm sure everyone here would be the same.

Offline Thor

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 27
  • -Receive: 25
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2012, 01:22:40 pm »
Read a book called thunder run by a US journalist about the last invasion of Baghdad. When the M1 Abrams were running low the fuel drivers were supplying straight into firefight. In tankers that only had a,50Cal on the roof of the cab for protection. Much respect.
Gone but not forgotten - Edition 30 No.2239
                                     Mk6 GTI

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2012, 01:31:58 pm »
Read a book called thunder run by a US journalist about the last invasion of Baghdad. When the M1 Abrams were running low the fuel drivers were supplying straight into firefight. In tankers that only had a,50Cal on the roof of the cab for protection. Much respect.

And they think they have it hard over here.  :laugh:

Offline VC

• Thank You
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2012, 01:36:48 pm »
...well mrs cherry is back from tescoburysons with my lunch and there are bigger queues than normal at the pumps already  :stupid:

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2012, 02:00:37 pm »
Love it how on the BBC forum everyone is saying its wrong to use the army for delivering fuel, wonder how many of them are drivers?.

If the army are at home (not on active duty) and still being paid why not use them?, if the HGV Fuel tanker drivers were not so greedy in the middle of a recession it would not be a problem! nor being discussed as an option, plus when the  nursing strikes were on did they not just ferry in a load of foreign nurses?, if the gov is held to ransom they don't negotiate they simply work round the problem or replace them!.

MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14

Offline Phil Miller

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 86
  • -Receive: 34
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2012, 02:08:44 pm »
f*ck it there goes my over time/call outs/ get out the workshop for a few hours on a jolly, the A30 in devon is dead as it is, with no fuel around there will be tumble weeds rolling on it,hang on......i wonder if tumble weeds breakdown and are covered by green flag?
2004 Golf 5dr TDI, 140 remap, GTI front bumper, skirts, highline cluster, 18in wheels, jamax coilovers, winter pack
WANTED HIGHLINE CCM AND CECM PLEASE PM ME IF YOU CAN HELP

Offline VC

• Thank You
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2012, 02:10:08 pm »
f*ck it there goes my over time/call outs/ get out the workshop for a few hours on a jolly, the A30 in devon is dead as it is, with no fuel around there will be tumble weeds rolling on it,hang on......i wonder if tumble weeds breakdown and are covered by green flag?

dont worry dude, easter is coming and the tourists will all run out of fuel in devon trying to get to me in cornwall  :P

..you can have em all  :happy2:

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 801
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2012, 02:13:04 pm »
I blame the fecking BBC for a lot of the sh*te that gone on recently. Do they not realise that they perpetuate these problems?  :fighting: :fighting:

Offline Phil Miller

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 86
  • -Receive: 34
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2012, 02:13:40 pm »

dont worry dude, easter is coming and the tourists will all run out of fuel in devon trying to get to me in cornwall  :P

..you can have em all  :happy2:

Im just thinking of the over time  :signLOL: didnt know you are in Cornwall, where abouts mate?
2004 Golf 5dr TDI, 140 remap, GTI front bumper, skirts, highline cluster, 18in wheels, jamax coilovers, winter pack
WANTED HIGHLINE CCM AND CECM PLEASE PM ME IF YOU CAN HELP