Make a donation

Author Topic: ED30 price advice please!  (Read 14862 times)

Offline true-blue

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 3
ED30 price advice please!
« on: May 12, 2009, 11:36:37 am »
I'm keen on a private sale ED30 I've found (but still yet to view)

1 Owner 57 plate 42k miles, UK maindealer, Red, DSG, Sun Roof, Upgraded sound (6cd in dash) FVWSH inc recent DSG oil change, Rear park sensors (possibly a few other bits)

It's in red and looks very nice from the Hi Res Pic's I've been sent. I'm aware that the mileage is on the high side for a dec 07 but I'm not terribly put off as it has been fully serviced. The Chap is looking for £13,950

Is that reasonable or a touch rich?  also anything else I should be wary of with high miles in a short time ?

many thanks in advance Gents.   :smiley:
Octavia Vrs MKII - KO4, forge twintercooler, S3 Injectors, APR HPFP, RS4 FP Valve, Pipeworx 3'' DP and Sports cat, Piper non res exhuast, ITG Maxogen, Quaife Dif, sachs clutch kit, NQSBBBK with RS4-2 pads, H&R SS Coilovers with adjustable koni inserts.
Good for 328 BHP on JKM's rollers !!

Offline celica

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 0
Re: ED30 price advice please!
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2009, 11:42:37 am »
in comparison on price on VW.co.uk so you get dealer service, come back, finance options, part ex options etc etc.
£13995, a 2005 GTI, 5dr, DSG, leather with 16k miles.
MKV Golf DSG

Offline MAT ED30

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 81
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2009, 11:46:28 am »
I have just done 38k in mine and and it just gets better as it pulls better now the engine has the miles on it and as long as its had a a service when it should dont worry about  :driver:

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box

Phil Mcavity

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2009, 11:51:13 am »
Red is great, but pay close attention to the bonnet, front bumper and splitters for stone chips. If there is seek a £500 or so reduction to fix it,

I am biased, but white /Red are the ones to hunt :wink:

Ifti

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2009, 11:54:54 am »
Seems like a decent price for an ED30 IMO.

Offline true-blue

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2009, 11:55:30 am »
So am I getting the feeling that the price is decent then ?

From the Hi Res pic's the front of the car looks suprisingly good stone chip wise. I've told the bloke on the phone that I know what I'm looking for in terms of accident damage and he swears blind it's untouched. I guess if it's spent a lot of time on the motorway the potential for stone chips may actually be reduced compared to blatting round on A and B roads in traffic :confused:
Octavia Vrs MKII - KO4, forge twintercooler, S3 Injectors, APR HPFP, RS4 FP Valve, Pipeworx 3'' DP and Sports cat, Piper non res exhuast, ITG Maxogen, Quaife Dif, sachs clutch kit, NQSBBBK with RS4-2 pads, H&R SS Coilovers with adjustable koni inserts.

Phil Mcavity

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2009, 11:56:18 am »
Can you post the pics you have true-blue??

Offline celica

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2009, 11:59:37 am »
the only thing for me is £14k is getting into R32 money :smiley:
MKV Golf DSG

Offline true-blue

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2009, 12:08:23 pm »
R32's are too thirsty for the available performance though.

Not hi res via photobucket, but this is the car.

Offline celica

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2009, 12:16:53 pm »
i know mileage of cars don't matter much these days if serviced right, but it's the value i think about (and probably too much, probably doesn't help me being an accountant lol), anyway:

how many miles do you do in a year?
if say average of 12k a year.

a 57 estimate sept 07 register, it is now 1.5years old (ish) and so if it was average mileage car should be around 18k miles.

42k miles divide 12k average miles = equate to a  3.5 yr old car

if you did average miles for say 2 years, so ad an extra 24k miles. so will be a 3.5 year old car, it's going to have 66k miles.
this averages around near 19k mile/yr car. only thing for a car like this is people want low mileage.

depending on your budget, you can get similar spec for a couple more £k with average miles.

i had the option to buy a member car a 2005 gti with about 20k miles on it. only thing it required a big service, cambelt, waterpump, service, dsg service, new tyres etc. and so adding things up it was going to be an extra £1k to be spend soon ontop.

when are cambelts supposed to be changed? i would look to get it changed at the 50k mile mark, so something else to factor in.
MKV Golf DSG

Offline celica

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2009, 12:19:31 pm »
i've read some ed 30 owners not getting amazing mpg if pushing hard etc.

having read about mpg, i've read R32 owners get 250-330 miles out of a tank with ed 30 owners like gti owners probably average more like 300 miles. which isn't huge difference
MKV Golf DSG

Offline true-blue

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2009, 12:20:15 pm »
I'm going to see this car tomorrow evening.

This is why I posted the 'anyone live near Brands Hatch' thread, I'm in Bristol and really didn't want to go twice but hey-ho.

The car has finance showing but the guy says he'll have proof it's been repaid before Sunday (He's repaying this week). The only significant marks on the car are to the leather on the drives seat bolster (he says) and a couple of the alloys have minor scrapes.

Phil Mcavity

« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2009, 12:21:23 pm »
looking at the extras the car already has blue, id get that straight away!!. Roof ,5 doors, rear sensors.  :drinking:.Is she manual or dsg??and does it have buttons on the steering wheel and a highline dash computer?.
42k in that time must be motorway mileage which is better as less wear occurs on long drives rather then short distance.Check service log or run the reg plate number with you local dealer to double check its "history" in the book.
Id recommend that as a 1st action  :happy2:
« Last Edit: May 12, 2009, 12:25:55 pm by Phil Mcavity »

Offline true-blue

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2009, 12:22:46 pm »
i've read some ed 30 owners not getting amazing mpg if pushing hard etc.

having read about mpg, i've read R32 owners get 250-330 miles out of a tank with ed 30 owners like gti owners probably average more like 300 miles. which isn't huge difference

I know what you're saying but I don't drive like a loon very often, It's just that when I want to the extra power of a mapped ED30 will be more fun than an R32 (in my opinion)

Offline true-blue

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2009, 12:25:03 pm »
looking at the extras the car already has blue, id get that straight away!!. Roof ,5 doors, rear sensors.  :drinking:.Is she manual or dsg??and does it have buttons on the steering wheel and a highline dash computer?.

It's Flappy Paddle DSG (not just the gear stick one) don't know about multi-function steering wheel though.