Make a donation

Author Topic: ED30 price advice please!  (Read 14853 times)

Offline true-blue

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 3
Re: ED30 price advice please!
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2009, 02:29:16 pm »
Replacing a black manual 56 plate Gti that I've only had 6 weeks.

I'll try £13,500 and see where we go.

Usual seller stuff on the phone though,..... people queing up to buy it, had an offer for £13,000 and for £13,500 then full asking price but the bloke backed out.... etc, etc.

Even if I can get it down to £13,750 I'd be happy I think as it seems to offer decent spec for the money and has been serviced properly and was bought from new by the current and only owner.
Octavia Vrs MKII - KO4, forge twintercooler, S3 Injectors, APR HPFP, RS4 FP Valve, Pipeworx 3'' DP and Sports cat, Piper non res exhuast, ITG Maxogen, Quaife Dif, sachs clutch kit, NQSBBBK with RS4-2 pads, H&R SS Coilovers with adjustable koni inserts.
Good for 328 BHP on JKM's rollers !!

Offline celica

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2009, 02:39:20 pm »
why are you replacing a 56 plate gti you've only had for 6weeks?
what spec does your gti have?
MKV Golf DSG

Offline true-blue

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2009, 02:58:52 pm »
Because I feel like I should have bought an ED30 in the first place, ...... I've  managed to sell my Gti for a small profit (listed it on Ebay to see what would happen), I really regret buying Black and despite my un-certainty over DSG I think with paddles it'll be a lot more fun than just the stick.
Octavia Vrs MKII - KO4, forge twintercooler, S3 Injectors, APR HPFP, RS4 FP Valve, Pipeworx 3'' DP and Sports cat, Piper non res exhuast, ITG Maxogen, Quaife Dif, sachs clutch kit, NQSBBBK with RS4-2 pads, H&R SS Coilovers with adjustable koni inserts.

Offline celica

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2009, 03:26:32 pm »
have you tried the ed30, what's it like over a gti?

MKV Golf DSG

Phil Mcavity

« Reply #34 on: May 12, 2009, 03:50:03 pm »
Sounds like a Bargain, good history. Say will you accept 13500, if he says no then go halfway at 13750. Even still with the spec and history, thats a bit of a steal my friend. Good luck. she will look gorgeous when all polished. :wink:

Offline true-blue

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2009, 04:43:05 pm »
Sounds like a Bargain, good history. Say will you accept 13500, if he says no then go halfway at 13750. Even still with the spec and history, thats a bit of a steal my friend. Good luck. she will look gorgeous when all polished. :wink:

I think so, off to see it tomorrow evening so hopefully it'll be as clean as it appears in the pic's and I can put down a deposit..... then repeat the journey all over again on sunday  :evilgrin:

Offline true-blue

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #36 on: May 12, 2009, 05:06:54 pm »
Feeling more confident about this car now, just spoken to the chap again. This is his wife's car / the family car. He's taking his 'Japanese' car to japfest at castle coombe on Saturday, forgot to ask what it was but something serious I think. Will investigate tomorrow.

I get the impression that the car has been properly looked after and the chap is a closet petrolhead  :grin: 

Phil Mcavity

« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2009, 05:45:57 pm »
If you want to see what a  5dr Red edition 30 shines up like , have a look at my wagon , from reply 24 for some pics  :wink:

Offline true-blue

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2009, 06:09:05 pm »
If you want to see what a  5dr Red edition 30 shines up like , have a look at my wagon , from reply 24 for some pics  :wink:

Very, very nice.......  I'll have to get the elbow grease out when I get mine, just hope it's as nice as it looks in the pic's he's sent me - hate being disappointed  :scared:

Phil Mcavity

« Reply #39 on: May 12, 2009, 06:53:12 pm »

Offline true-blue

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #40 on: May 12, 2009, 07:35:41 pm »
For true-Blue

http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=266.15

reply 24 onward. :happy2:

That's the thread I read just before posting 'very, very nice.....'  I meant your car  :happy2:

Offline Moschops

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 118
  • -Receive: 23
  • Edition 30 No 2275
« Reply #41 on: May 12, 2009, 10:02:31 pm »
Nice spec, hope its a gem.

RE MPG, I've just filled mine up this morning, run from new on V-power although has had an initial tank of BP Ultimate supplied by the dealer... :happy2:

436.2 miles from a tank, best so far, normally average about 340-360, MPG is roughly 32.7 on a trip to/from work 27 miles across dual carraigeway, A and B roads and some stop/starts for traffic lights.  :driver:

Best R32 tankfull so far is just under 300 :laugh:
Cheers,

Wayne

Offline Greeners

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: May 12, 2009, 10:15:59 pm »
Nice spec, hope its a gem.

RE MPG, I've just filled mine up this morning, run from new on V-power although has had an initial tank of BP Ultimate supplied by the dealer... :happy2:

436.2 miles from a tank, best so far, normally average about 340-360, MPG is roughly 32.7 on a trip to/from work 27 miles across dual carraigeway, A and B roads and some stop/starts for traffic lights.  :driver:

Best R32 tankfull so far is just under 300 :laugh:

Didn't know you'd done 300 in her yet!  :laugh:

Offline Aparoon

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 7
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: May 12, 2009, 10:24:05 pm »
Hi mate, i bought my editon 30 in february and was in exactly the same position as you, i found one for £15000 and that was the cheapest at the dealers at the time, it had done 48000 miles! I was really unsure about the mileage, but it was everything i wanted, red, dsg, xenons, vw sound pack, parking sensors tints and 3dr ! I bought the car regardless of the mileage as i went to see it and it was mint, the services were spot on and for the 15000 i was able to get a fresh service, 2 new front tyres, tax, a tnak of fuel, gap insurance and obviuosly the year break down cover  :happy2:

Even now sometimes i think about the mileage but then i realise i couldnt care less as its everything i wanted  :jumpmove:
Edition 30 DSG, Revo 2+,BSH Intake, Autotech hpfp, Blueflame TBE,  Eibach Sportlines, Speedline Turini's GONE

Offline celica

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #44 on: May 12, 2009, 10:27:58 pm »

I think so, off to see it tomorrow evening so hopefully it'll be as clean as it appears in the pic's and I can put down a deposit..... then repeat the journey all over again on sunday  :evilgrin:

nice work
good luck

did you find out if it has highline, mfsw, xenons etc.?
MKV Golf DSG