Make a donation

Author Topic: Front wing rust warranty success!!  (Read 338770 times)

Offline SkyJawa

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 5
Re: Front wing rust warranty success!!
« Reply #930 on: August 17, 2015, 04:47:27 pm »
Ours was collected today and they left a 15 plate Torneo for the missus after she complained about them trying to give her an Up! lol, that'll teach her!

They were surprised it was only on one side as its usually both, should get it back next Mon latest.

Offline guyrocks

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 17
  • -Receive: 9
    • Email
« Reply #931 on: August 17, 2015, 05:45:50 pm »
Hi peeps what year's is this happening on as my ed30 07 is fine unless they were done before i got the car

jordan7050

« Reply #932 on: August 17, 2015, 08:32:33 pm »
Glad to hear people are getting successful results from the wing claims!

I bought mine from an Arnold Clark in Falkirk (Scotland) and noticed at the time that the wings were in a bad state, managed to get the car inspected at Peter Vardy in Bognor Regis (because my job is down the south coast) on the 3rd of July for a warranty job and haven't heard a peep from them since! I've rang a few times to ask whats happening and it seems to me that they're in no rush. My gti is an 07 reg so i have a few years left however has anyone else had to wait 6 weeks+ for a result?

Bit of a joke to be honest!
Thanks in advance

Offline perksy

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #933 on: August 17, 2015, 08:51:28 pm »
I have just got mine back from Parkway VW in derby, 2 wing replaced under warranty free of charge,
Car was registered November 2005 so is just under 10 years old,

Well, on the advice of this forum mine is booked into Parkway VW in Derby for 2xsills and 2xwings.  Only got an offer of 50% of payment on the tailgate though (£250 to pay). 
In contest with VW about this now.

James

Offline Jaywoo-GTI

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 38
  • -Receive: 34
« Reply #934 on: August 18, 2015, 12:33:50 pm »
Whilst I was booking my car in he told me was now a recognised problem with the MK6 golf too.

Offline Prewy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #935 on: August 18, 2015, 06:00:04 pm »
Just had mine approved and booked in for Sep, both front wings although only one bubbling visibly. 2007 07 plate only downside is an Up courtesy car but cant complain pleased with result. No hassle start to approval.

Offline Jaywoo-GTI

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 38
  • -Receive: 34
« Reply #936 on: August 19, 2015, 10:17:07 am »
Just had mine approved and booked in for Sep, both front wings although only one bubbling visibly. 2007 07 plate only downside is an Up courtesy car but cant complain pleased with result. No hassle start to approval.
Are the replacing or repairing? My dealer told me they can only repair once a minimum of 10cm of rust was visible, any less and the could only offer a repair.

Offline Prewy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #937 on: August 19, 2015, 11:44:18 am »
Interesting, my nearside wing only has about 2cm of slight bubbling on the inner lip and about 5cm of bubbling on offside. When the assessor came to inspect I was told they don't bother with repair as it will always return, so wings off mod to inner arches and two new wings  :happy2:
This is with Peter Cooper in Hampshire, Body shop is in Bognor Regis but they are collecting so happy days.

Offline Stevepd

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 4
« Reply #938 on: August 19, 2015, 06:33:26 pm »
News is back on our wing.  Being replaced under warranty  :laugh:

(June 2005 MK5 GTi)

Took mine to VW Westbury today and very helpful bloke put the details into ELSA and computer says no (over 10 (June 05)). My service books States 12 yr warranty but ELSA says 10. I was advised to contact VW UK. Did so and a case has been raised - will get a call by Tuesday. :confused:

That's rubbish. Ours is over 10 years, just. Though people have said its dealer dependant, we also bought ours from them 2 years ago as approved used if that makes any difference. Either way the manual and vw website States 12 years so they shouldn't really be able to get away with saying no.....

Got a phone call today from VW UK, they won't repair my wings as its a 10 year corrosion warranty but the car has a 12 year perforation warranty and the 12 o'clock corrosion doesn't come under that?
I questioned the validility of their decision making after joining a forum where people have had success and some were the same age as my car. I said I'd purchased mainly VW cars over my driving life and had spent a small fortune within the VW brand and when I really needed their help I was being fobbed off. I was told he would get back to by the 19th. I got a call today and VW will do both my wings for free and my sill (only 1 rusted) will cost £100 to me. Car goes in on 7th Sep. keep trying folks it does work.

Steve.
Standard 5 Door Shadow blue.

jordan7050

« Reply #939 on: August 19, 2015, 07:25:10 pm »
Contacted Peter Vardy in Bognor Regis today asking if they had heard anything about my claim.I started the claim on the 3rd of July and explained that i was told it should be resolved within 3 weeks! The woman said she'll chase it up with the claims officer and phone me back within a week.

10 minutes later and i got a phonecall saying its been accepted and both wings will be repaired for free! Happy with the result, just wish i didn't have to pester them for an answer

Offline SkyJawa

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #940 on: August 20, 2015, 09:16:35 am »
News is back on our wing.  Being replaced under warranty  :laugh:

(June 2005 MK5 GTi)

Took mine to VW Westbury today and very helpful bloke put the details into ELSA and computer says no (over 10 (June 05)). My service books States 12 yr warranty but ELSA says 10. I was advised to contact VW UK. Did so and a case has been raised - will get a call by Tuesday. :confused:

That's rubbish. Ours is over 10 years, just. Though people have said its dealer dependant, we also bought ours from them 2 years ago as approved used if that makes any difference. Either way the manual and vw website States 12 years so they shouldn't really be able to get away with saying no.....

Got a phone call today from VW UK, they won't repair my wings as its a 10 year corrosion warranty but the car has a 12 year perforation warranty and the 12 o'clock corrosion doesn't come under that?
I questioned the validility of their decision making after joining a forum where people have had success and some were the same age as my car. I said I'd purchased mainly VW cars over my driving life and had spent a small fortune within the VW brand and when I really needed their help I was being fobbed off. I was told he would get back to by the 19th. I got a call today and VW will do both my wings for free and my sill (only 1 rusted) will cost £100 to me. Car goes in on 7th Sep. keep trying folks it does work.

Steve.

Nice one Steve

You shouldn't have had to argue like that but got there in the end :)

Offline SkyJawa

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #941 on: August 20, 2015, 09:20:06 am »
Interesting, my nearside wing only has about 2cm of slight bubbling on the inner lip and about 5cm of bubbling on offside. When the assessor came to inspect I was told they don't bother with repair as it will always return, so wings off mod to inner arches and two new wings  :happy2:
This is with Peter Cooper in Hampshire, Body shop is in Bognor Regis but they are collecting so happy days.

Interesting, ours has just gone in with them, but only 1 showing signs, wonder if they will do both.....

We're an hour away from their bodyshop so very impressed they came to collect and with their service for sorting this out.  They've redeemed themselves somewhat after I had a fight with them over a thermostats and regulators warranty claim!

Offline perksy

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #942 on: September 01, 2015, 05:34:17 pm »
Dropped my 2005 05 plate GTI off with Parkway VW in Derby to day for 2x wings and 2x sills and I have a very nice little Up! courtesy car for the week sitting outside.

Still annoyed that I only got a 50% contribution for the tailgate as its clearly corrosion - I've asked them to re-examine this now the car is in. For £250 I may as well spend that on getting my skirts and lower bumper sprayed and get them to do that for another £50.

I've also found another bubble in the paint just infront of the o/s rear wheel - so I've reported this to them to.  They may as well do it all in one go.

James

Offline Ditto

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 8
« Reply #943 on: September 01, 2015, 06:34:38 pm »
Hi guys. Is it common for this to happen on the insides of both arches? Also I notice it under the front sills too.

Cheers

Offline perksy

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #944 on: September 01, 2015, 08:29:48 pm »
Yes - looks exactly like mine that is now being repaired by VW for free!

Get it in quick.

James