Make a donation

Author Topic: gti leather ...  (Read 1439 times)

Offline SteveTDCi

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
gti leather ...
« on: May 22, 2009, 07:32:47 pm »
Hi,

I'm considering getting a golf gti ... amongst many cars i must add !!! but previous to my A3 i did have a golf GT TD and liked it only selling it because I found the clutch awkward and the seats uncomforable - leather. I'm hoping to try a GTi as i'm sure the cloth will be much more comfortable however it needs to be cloth... so the reason for the post - the first post i might add is if I manage to find the perfect GTI and not Focus ST Astra VXR Leon FR or A4 DTM ! would anyone be interested in a possible swap if I end up with leather interior for a cloth version ? ideally i'd wanted heated cloth but not to fussy ... oh and that is providing I find a gti ( well i've seen one that does have leather but does have 53k on the clock)

thanks
Steve

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
Re: gti leather ...
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2009, 07:46:06 pm »
Welcome to the forum Steve  :smiley:
I reckon you have a pretty decent chance of finding someone to do the swap.  :happy2:
Its horses for courses really some like cloth some like leather.

Offline matsu

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 78
  • -Receive: 18
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2009, 10:21:39 pm »
yeah me for  astart mate :jumpmove:
matsu
keep on doing what ya doing you,ll keep on getting what ya getting.

learn from the mistakes of others-"you dont live long enough to make them all yourself"

Offline TomB

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 10
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2009, 02:26:03 am »
Hello and welcome!

I find the GTI seats very supportive, some of the best I've sat in.  I think you'll like them!

Yeah I'll swap with you as long as they're not torn or wrecked, I really wanted leather for mine!  Chances are you'll find cloth though as it wasn't a cheap option!

Mine aren't heated though.
Tom
05 GTI - 18" Merc wheels, coilovers, colour coded Votex kit, all waiting to go on.

Offline SteveTDCi

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2009, 09:47:35 am »
I found with the leather in my previous golf that the sides dug into my thighs, and that the back support where the leather joined created hard sections. I loved my golf though.

Offline MitchGTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 4
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2009, 09:55:37 am »
I know whT your saying about the leather i have a mate whos the same about it! Personaly i love leather, but if you want a swap ive got cloth in good condition and im after leather ide swap you and put some money yor way to help you out abit! And sweet'n the deal! 

Mitch