Make a donation

Author Topic: LOBA LO4XX Hybrid K04 Turbo  (Read 196752 times)

Offline jimk04

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 15
    • Email
Re: LOBA LO4XX Hybrid K04 Turbo
« Reply #45 on: June 29, 2012, 10:19:36 pm »
Apparabntly on the dyno the veyron supersport motor was good for 3000hp.....

Milltek tbe, Forge intercooler, AMD map, Eibach Sportlines, Porsche 996 over AMG 330mm homegrown BBK

Offline Jussa

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 12
  • Bicester
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: June 29, 2012, 10:40:58 pm »
Doesn't all this get to a point where you may as well buy a fast Porsche or similar?

Robin, I disagree, I gobbled up a Porker turbo at Inters, granted he screwed up his gear change cause he panicked when he saw me next to him with the launch control  :signLOL: so for an extra 3-4 grand spent on my car with this setup, that is small change compared the buying a Porker turbo - as well as the fact I prefer the VAG interior  :popcornsoda:
2010 3dr phantom black S-Tronic S3 - BCS TBE with 3½" DP - LOBA LO4xx turbo - LOBA HPFP - Revo CAI - H&R 25mm lowering springs - Forge 11mm spacers - RS4 fuel Pressure valve - THS intercooler - H&R front and rear ARB's - AEM water methanol injection

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #47 on: June 30, 2012, 12:23:54 am »
Doesn't all this get to a point where you may as well buy a fast Porsche or similar?

Robin, I disagree, I gobbled up a Porker turbo at Inters, granted he screwed up his gear change cause he panicked when he saw me next to him with the launch control  :signLOL: so for an extra 3-4 grand spent on my car with this setup, that is small change compared the buying a Porker turbo - as well as the fact I prefer the VAG interior  :popcornsoda:

....Gobbling up a Porsche Turbo at Inters doesn't make your car (or mine) better or faster. I only used the Porsche brand as an example of an ex-factory car which is more likely not to need tuning.

As others have now said, most of us would modify any car we bought and there's certainly a long tradition with VeeDubs.  :happy2:

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 81
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: June 30, 2012, 09:11:52 am »
Your Audi is not better than a Porsche if you think it is go drive a new Porsche it's not about how quick it is it's about how good the car is,you can make any car faster it's just a 911 is a very special place to sit and drive

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
« Reply #49 on: June 30, 2012, 09:22:59 am »

I spoke to Steve about that. He was running it with the blown clutch and put too many revs through it from the offset and just sat there (not a missed gearchange). Do you want me to tell him you want a rematch now his clutch is fixed?  :wink: He did a 3.2 to 60 on his first run when the clutch popped, cruised down the rest of the 1/4 mile and still posted an 11.2 qtr time. He was running twin Loba Turbo's and water methanol injection....somewhere around 800bhp :laugh:
Golf R gone.

Offline gazon69

• Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 34
« Reply #50 on: June 30, 2012, 01:03:04 pm »

I spoke to Steve about that. He was running it with the blown clutch and put too many revs through it from the offset and just sat there (not a missed gearchange). Do you want me to tell him you want a rematch now his clutch is fixed?  :wink: He did a 3.2 to 60 on his first run when the clutch popped, cruised down the rest of the 1/4 mile and still posted an 11.2 qtr time. He was running twin Loba Turbo's and water methanol injection....somewhere around 800bhp :laugh:
:signLOL: believe me this car is fookin immense. 10sec car that with a stage 3 clutch.

Offline invisiblekid

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 1
  • Back the truck up...
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: June 30, 2012, 02:43:31 pm »

I have been in Steve's 997 when it was running about 600bhp and there is no way on gods earth was any 2.0 catching that thing. Now it's running the 2 Lobas it will fly in to the 10s with the new clutch.

The car is beautiful inside and out and if I could afford to run one I'd have one tomorrow.

Can't believe anyone would mention an S3, Golf or anything similar in the same breath tbh. Each to their own I guess, but even a stock 997 turbo or carrera s is a different league to any VAG hot hatch.
Golf .:R DSG - GIAC Stage 2

Offline Dp_Ed30

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #52 on: June 30, 2012, 02:55:17 pm »
i think everybody is missing the point.

we all know a 911 turbo is better than a s3 but what he is saying £ for £ his s3 holds its own.

i love taking on m3s and 911s in my gti, if i loose do i look silly? not rely im only in a golf.

That loba turbo on a fwd golf will spin in 1st and 2nd but it will be a monster as soon as it hooks, my semi slicks made so much diffrence to how fast my car is as it hooks as soon as first is out of the way  :party:

Offline james

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 19
« Reply #53 on: June 30, 2012, 03:00:22 pm »
where can you buy them?  i am intrested to give one a blast,  i dont want BT as of the lag, somthing in the middle would be cool.

Offline vRSAlex

• Admin
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 253
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,19941.0.html
« Reply #54 on: June 30, 2012, 03:36:50 pm »
where can you buy them?  i am intrested to give one a blast,  i dont want BT as of the lag, somthing in the middle would be cool.

Me soon.  Needs testing before they are released.
www.akstuning.co.uk - info@akstuning.com - 01234 822324
Follow AKS tuning on Facebook

Offline james

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 19
« Reply #55 on: June 30, 2012, 03:37:49 pm »
is there any ETA?  would be nice to install while my engine is out.

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 21
« Reply #56 on: June 30, 2012, 04:40:03 pm »
email loba if you really want one now!

Offline DaveB@Vagbremtechnic

• Trader - 2014
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 130
    • Vagbremtechnic.com
    • Email
« Reply #57 on: June 30, 2012, 05:24:33 pm »
There's only three.

S3 in Germany (pictured)
Statlers GTI
One on reserve for AKS.

The component parts are in stock evidently to build some more.

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
« Reply #58 on: June 30, 2012, 05:24:58 pm »
Steve Jr at Statllers has just given me some more info on the Loba L04XX turbo's performance.

He is now running a manual boost controller and the turbo is HOLDING boost at 1.8bar at 7k rpm!!! At Inters the car was running 1.2bar.

The MAF reading is now over 320mg/s at 6300rpm and over 330mg/s at 7300rpm. The turbo is capable of running at 2.0bar, which would give 350mg/s.

His car in 2010 did a 12.766 1/4 mile at Inters with a 4.52 0-60. This was on a Turbo Dynamics modified K04 which was running 305mg/s and was maxxed out.

To put this into perspective the K04 is capable of up to around 285mg/s.

The reason I'm quoting mg/s is that it is easily track-able through VCDS and a division of 0.8 will get you to bhp at the fly that you'd see on a dyno and is a better true show of power than a dyno. More air in equals more power out.

Results like this tempt me to get back into a 2.0TFSi myself :laugh:
Golf R gone.

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
« Reply #59 on: June 30, 2012, 05:27:56 pm »
Steve Jr also says that there is no overboost spike like in the stock K04 and so the power delivery is more manageable......Just a big solid push back into the seat all the way to the redline!
Golf R gone.