Make a donation

Author Topic: Auto electrician in Yorkshire area???  (Read 2578 times)

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 241
  • -Receive: 309
  • Go Large or Go Home
    • Tfsi Mikes Money Pit AKS / TTE / RTech St2+ Cupra
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
Auto electrician in Yorkshire area???
« on: May 28, 2009, 07:51:16 pm »
Removed the power supply to the light in my boost gauge (was trying to eliminate the cause of a burning smell   :confused:)

It was piggy backed on my ciggetette lighter power supply from the fuse box and i accidentally snipped the wire to cig lighter (which i need to power my sat nav on sunday on drive through europe)

Cig lighter needs reconnecting to fuse box....

Helllllllllllllllp  :sad:

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
Re: Auto electrician in Yorkshire area???
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2009, 10:54:50 pm »
It should just be a matter of stripping back the wire and simply put in a 4 point connector Mike. Have you snipped it at a really awkward spot or is there plenty of wire either side of the cut?
Golf R gone.

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Thank You
  • -Given: 241
  • -Receive: 309
  • Go Large or Go Home
    • Tfsi Mikes Money Pit AKS / TTE / RTech St2+ Cupra
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
Re: Auto electrician in Yorkshire area???
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2009, 09:24:28 am »
It should just be a matter of stripping back the wire and simply put in a 4 point connector Mike. Have you snipped it at a really awkward spot or is there plenty of wire either side of the cut?

It reaches the back of the fuse box with 10mm of wire bared.  it goes into a single square on the back of the fuse box, not sure if it gets soldered in as bare wire or uses a bullet connector or something.