Make a donation

Author Topic: VWR / Vibratechnics 'Fast Road' Lower Engine Mount - Review....  (Read 80443 times)

Offline MAT ED30

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 81
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
Re: VWR Dogbone 'Fast Road' Engine Mount - Review....
« Reply #60 on: February 10, 2010, 04:32:55 pm »
but u look so cute in the vw driver mag looking at those huffs  :laugh:

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #61 on: February 10, 2010, 04:34:32 pm »

Oh you saw that then?  :laugh: :ashamed:

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #62 on: February 10, 2010, 04:35:18 pm »

:signLOL: :signLOL: how cute did u 2 look  :signLOL:

Offline tony_danza

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 112
  • The voice of objective reason, but mine's best.
« Reply #63 on: February 10, 2010, 04:35:47 pm »
Cool - obviously don't go out of your way, but thanks.

I'm at Rockingham on the 6th of March next  :happy2:

gives me chance to give the brakes some stick and maybe try some race pads in them  :smiley:

It's full, but PM sent as I may know a way you can get on.... Proper long BTCC circuit too :happy2:
Sideways yo!

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #64 on: February 10, 2010, 05:35:06 pm »

Offline QD MBE

• Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 102
« Reply #65 on: February 10, 2010, 05:52:50 pm »

I know the MKV is a different set up, so will hopefully get a go in someone's - I'm not spending that money + fitting to find it annoys me... although I'm sure it wouldn't.

....Quality Dave (aka stokeballoon) fitted BSH mounts and found he didn't like the ride, I recall. He highly rated the product but it wasn't for him so he removed them I think.

The Golf (IMO) is a jack of all trades, happy as a fast A-B car, as in a car park full of high end motors, the Grrrrrr sound that you seem to love, ruined the car in my eyes.

Seriously, after a long drive I felt ill, the Cabin comfort was so compromised.  I cannot imagine doing any kind of serious mileage with them.  It reminded me of test flying a badly vibrating Helicopter.  I am happy with my OEM upper mounts allied with a uprated lower mount.

The GRRRRR sound is totally alien to a Golf Gti, as is the much complained about Drone that some exhausts are prone to.

Just my opinion, having fitted some mounts.  And it is all in my Open and honest review.

« Last Edit: February 10, 2010, 05:57:12 pm by stokeballoon »

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #66 on: February 10, 2010, 06:01:03 pm »
I am a bit of a loon  :rolleye: and I love being able to feel everything that's going on in my car and my car will never be sold so it's all in hand to becoming a full on track car/road car  so there would be no point putting fast road to only have to swap them over again.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #67 on: February 10, 2010, 06:32:30 pm »

The Golf (IMO) is a jack of all trades, happy as a fast A-B car, as in a car park full of high end motors, the Grrrrrr sound that you seem to love, ruined the car in my eyes.

Seriously, after a long drive I felt ill, the Cabin comfort was so compromised.  I cannot imagine doing any kind of serious mileage with them.  It reminded me of test flying a badly vibrating Helicopter.  I am happy with my OEM upper mounts allied with a uprated lower mount.

The GRRRRR sound is totally alien to a Golf Gti, as is the much complained about Drone that some exhausts are prone to.

Just my opinion, having fitted some mounts.  And it is all in my Open and honest review.

....Absolutely understood, Dave, and also respected  :drinking: - We all have different preferences and views about what our GTI's should be. My preference is more akin to Mat's.

You've said you didn't like the Grrrrr but you also mention vibration (helicopter comparison) - Did you experience much vibration as well when you had the BSH mounts installed?

I'm curious and not expecting the VWR and BSH mounts to differ very much from each other regarding either Grrrr or vibration.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline QD MBE

• Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 102
« Reply #68 on: February 10, 2010, 06:43:47 pm »

Seriously, after a long drive I felt ill, the Cabin comfort was so compromised.  I cannot imagine doing any kind of serious mileage with them.  It reminded me of test flying a badly vibrating Helicopter.  I am happy with my OEM upper mounts allied with a uprated lower mount.

Just my opinion, having fitted some mounts.  And it is all in my Open and honest review.

....Absolutely understood, Dave, and also respected  :drinking: - We all have different preferences and views about what our GTI's should be. My preference is more akin to Mat's.

You've said you didn't like the Grrrrr but you also mention vibration (helicopter comparison) - Did you experience much vibration as well when you had the BSH mounts installed?

I'm curious and not expecting the VWR and BSH mounts to differ very much from each other regarding either Grrrr or vibration.

The vibration (sound - is a vibe) was (Swear word is appropriate here) awful, really noticeable, akin to the drone of a poor exhaust, it would fill the cabin with an awful feeling.  Not for me.  I hated driving the car.

As soon as I refitted the std mounts back, it was bliss, and so much better.  My car is not a track car, it has lights, a radio and number-plates, and as such needs to be a jack of all trades.

Many years ago, I had a 205 Gti (1.9 variant) and fitted a full Magnex exhaust to it, it absolutely flew, but the noise became tiring (as anything that is above one's comfort threshold will become).  I also had a Black lab, he hated the noise, so much so he was physically sick after 1/2 hour in the car (*not my driving) the noise had got to him.

If you car is a track orientated car, why not remove all carpets, and accentuate the Grrrrrr sound even more - genuine question.

IMHO.

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #69 on: February 10, 2010, 06:50:23 pm »
i will be taking everything out of mine at some point  :laugh:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #70 on: February 10, 2010, 07:07:14 pm »

The vibration (sound - is a vibe) was (Swear word is appropriate here) awful, really noticeable, akin to the drone of a poor exhaust, it would fill the cabin with an awful feeling.  Not for me.  I hated driving the car.

As soon as I refitted the std mounts back, it was bliss, and so much better.  My car is not a track car, it has lights, a radio and number-plates, and as such needs to be a jack of all trades.

Many years ago, I had a 205 Gti (1.9 variant) and fitted a full Magnex exhaust to it, it absolutely flew, but the noise became tiring (as anything that is above one's comfort threshold will become).  I also had a Black lab, he hated the noise, so much so he was physically sick after 1/2 hour in the car (*not my driving) the noise had got to him.

If you car is a track orientated car, why not remove all carpets, and accentuate the Grrrrrr sound even more - genuine question.

IMHO.

....Absolutely taken as a genuine question, mate  :happy2:

I don't see my GTI as a full-on track car and, like you, it needs to be a jack of all trades. It has to be road legal, comfortable on long journeys (Europe for example), carry lots of music gear occasionally, transport teenage girls (my daughter and her friends), but also provide me with fun on occasional trackdays/Ring/quarter-mile and fast road driving when appropriate.

Like Mat, I just love the taut and tactile feedback which includes sounds. It's not a case of whether your or my definition of what a GTI should be is right or wrong - We simply prefer different things about our cars. It's like you prefer grey and I prefer red. I'm sure that there are also many things which we both share liking about our cars too.

:drinking:

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline markymark

• Thank You
  • -Given: 21
  • -Receive: 55
« Reply #71 on: February 10, 2010, 07:52:40 pm »

:signLOL: :signLOL: how cute did u 2 look  :signLOL:

Oh dear! :ashamed:

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #72 on: February 10, 2010, 08:28:34 pm »
 :signLOL:

Offline geordie56

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 6
    • Email
Re: VWR 'Fast Road' Lower Engine Mount - Review....
« Reply #73 on: May 03, 2010, 08:26:30 pm »
Ha anyone fitted this mount themselves? I want to get it and just want to know if the mount is actually pressed in the subframe or just bolted in with the 3 bolts? If its pressed i dont have access to a press so may have to come up with another plan, I realise that the subframe does have to be removed. Thanks for any info given.

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
Re: VWR 'Fast Road' Lower Engine Mount - Review....
« Reply #74 on: May 03, 2010, 08:30:19 pm »
its 100% pressed in