Make a donation

Author Topic: New, possibly buying Pirelli  (Read 8090 times)

Offline SteveTDCi

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
Re: New, possibly buying Pirelli
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2009, 10:37:42 pm »
sorry not autotrader but pistonheads....

http://www.pistonheads.com/SALES/1072720.htm

Offline H DUBS

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2009, 10:38:32 pm »
Sound like a great deal to me....Those kind of figures off the car make sense, unlike the tight buggers at the steelers I visited last sat.

I hope you get that phone call Paddy, the Pirelli is gorgeous mate :party:, I need to take you to haggle for me next time :fighting:.

As for the RS, You're sittin on a nice little earner there mate. I saw one going for near to £30k on the trader not too long ago.

Offline paddy

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2009, 11:23:00 pm »
The Pistonheads one looks good. I would prefer DSG and Satnav but if I got a discount and the srappage I could be tempted. I e-mailed them ages ago about one of their cars, twice actually, and had no reply. A bit off putting but it would do no harm to ring them and see. Again the RS could be good. Never done anything like that. The only thing with the RS is if somebody took it over I would have to be the first owner if only for 1 minute or no discount.

Offline SteveTDCi

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2009, 11:33:43 pm »
Even if you sold the RS at list price you would still make a good profit, they have increased since they originally went on sale and i'm sure someone would snap your hand off. If you have an order the dealer should be able to give you a build date with an ETA on delivery to dealer. I ordered a Transit about 6 weeks ago and it was built on time and is destined to be dealer delivered on the 13th June. Pester your dealer a bit more but don't let them think your thinking abut dropping out.

Offline paddy

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2009, 11:44:27 pm »
Originally, delivery was end of June, then July then Sept. I ordered it before the price increase so saved £800 ish there and £1250 off the price and a bit off the extras, leather and luxury pack 2 , so looking at it now saved about £2,200. Have an order number from the dealer but I am off work ( owed holidays ) for about 4 and 1/2 months so really would like a good car through the summer rather than a banger.

Paddy

Offline 182_blue

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 54
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2009, 07:24:42 am »
Hello and Welcome

Offline hammyhammer

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 22
  • -Receive: 4
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2009, 07:57:37 am »
hello and welcome

The VW stealers are very tight.  When buying the GTi last year one of them insulted my intelligence on the offer for my car not sure how i kept my hands off him.  Almost stopped me buying the car to be honest.  Thankfully other stealers gave me sensible quotes and i sold the car to my brother and became a cash buyer and got a great deal on the car. 

Are you trading in or cash buyer?  As if cash their are some out their who are ready for a deal if you phone round the country  :drinking:

Offline paddy

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2009, 08:57:30 am »
Cash. Not many Pirellis about that are new and the 2nd hand ones are quite dear.
Again thanks for the welcomes.
Paddy

Offline Moschops

• Thank You
  • -Given: 118
  • -Receive: 23
  • Edition 30 No 2275
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2009, 10:01:14 am »
Morning Paddy and welcome to the site.

Your first choice Pirelli sounds very nice and a great spec to, don't forget you've got to very good options in the Sat Nav and the DSG, where as the one in Norfolk doesn't have those...so I would try and go for the first one if I was you...good luck by the way.

My next door neighbour has just cancelled his order with Ford for his Focus RS and they could not give a definate date for delivery... :chicken:
Cheers,

Wayne

Offline WhiteGTI

• Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 22
  • F-A-S-T
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2009, 10:10:06 am »
Welcome to the forum Paddy  :happy2:
2008 Golf GTI - Revo Stage 2 NOW SOLD

2006 E46 BMW M3 - 343hp
2000 Lotus Elise Sport160 - 160hp

Offline paddy

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2009, 10:50:22 am »
Thanks WHITEGTI. Rang the dealer on Pistonheads and made them an offer as well. All just a waiting game now.
Paddy

Offline Moschops

• Thank You
  • Edition 30 No 2275
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2009, 11:27:11 am »
Go for the first one, has the better spec... :happy2:
Cheers,

Wayne

Offline paddy

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2009, 02:21:35 pm »
MOSCHOPS,
I would prefer the first one but looks like they are staying at £20,500 as I have had no call today. The second I have offered £17,500 ( both offers with scrappage ) but potentially there is a £3000 difference. Makes the decision hard. To make it worse I went into see a friend in a Ford dealership ( not the one the RS is ordered with ) and with my build number he said he is sure it will be here Sept. Decisions decisions.

Paddy

Offline Moschops

• Thank You
  • Edition 30 No 2275
« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2009, 03:18:55 pm »
That's a PITA then if they won't / don't want to call back... :angry015:

Hmmm...as a fellow former RS owner myself, the wait would kill me especially if it's september, I know I waited 3 months for my Edition 30 and that was long enough, but the dealer gave me a brand new Polo to thrap around in until the ED30 arrived. I just paid the difference on the loss of the car being registered/used and what they would sell it for, but had it 3 months. :happy2:

I did think about the new Focus RS, but a White R32 caught my eye instead.... :love:
Cheers,

Wayne

Offline Golfster S

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2009, 05:59:42 pm »
Hello and Welcome...... :driver:

Rich.
Reflex Silver GTI Edition 30