Make a donation

Author Topic: Iphone 5  (Read 18595 times)

Offline MAT ED30

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 81
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
Re: Iphone 5
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2012, 08:55:44 pm »
androids suck simple  :P

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box

Offline Baz300

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 26
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2012, 09:03:47 pm »
There isn't enough on the iPhone 5 to make me want to upgrade from my 2 year old iPhone 4

When the iOS upgrade comes out its just going to be a slimmer phone with a bigger screen and faster processor, still not keen on Siri as it does not work in the uk properly yet and doesn't understand Scottish anyway

4g won't be available here untill next year and I don't even get 3G where I live yet

I'll still be keeping my iPhone though as I'm just not a fan of android

Offline geordie56

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 6
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2012, 09:14:36 pm »
Ha the haters are out there already! Let's not forget Samsung releasing news today of sueing apple for 3 patents they have covering them for 4g, so don't get your hopes up yet with it having 4g or the release date! :P back at ya lol.

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 81
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2012, 09:44:40 pm »
Sued you first and won  :booty: I have a samsung galaxy s2 in my house and it is a good phone but it's too plasticky for me and looks cheap too

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box

Offline Deako

• Thank You
  • -Given: 38
  • -Receive: 44
  • Eat, Sleep....VAG
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2012, 09:58:23 pm »
Sued you first and won  :booty: I have a samsung galaxy s2 in my house and it is a good phone but it's too plasticky for me and looks cheap too

With a sh*t OS!!   :laugh:

Offline Baz300

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2012, 10:00:27 pm »
This is away to turn into an apple vs android thread :wink:

To be honest I think it's just what OS people are used to and the other just doesn't seem right

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2012, 10:01:50 pm »
There isn't enough on the iPhone 5 to make me want to upgrade from my 2 year old iPhone 4

As a designer I'm turned on by amazing product design, and there aren't many better at it that Mr Ive. The iPhone 4/4s always felt clumsy to me, so I'm very eager to see what the 5 is like. By all accounts it looks amazing, design wise.

However as someone who has a 4s it's unlikely I'll get one, but it looks good for 9 - 12 months down the line when I am ready for a new phone.

Offline Baz300

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2012, 10:07:49 pm »

As a designer I'm turned on by amazing product design, and there aren't many better at it that Mr Ive. The iPhone 4/4s always felt clumsy to me, so I'm very eager to see what the 5 is like. By all accounts it looks amazing, design wise.

However as someone who has a 4s it's unlikely I'll get one, but it looks good for 9 - 12 months down the line when I am ready for a new phone.

But in 9-12 months you will know that another iPhone will be due to be released and going by current trends it will be a 5s

I will have a look and play with the new iPhone when it is available in the apple shop and make up my mind then

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2012, 10:10:19 pm »

But in 9-12 months you will know that another iPhone will be due to be released and going by current trends it will be a 5s

Yep, with the same case design is what I meant

Offline Nodz

• Thank You
  • -Given: 73
  • -Receive: 103
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,29264.0.html
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2012, 10:15:30 pm »
I've had an iPhone now for over 2.5years (3GS and now 4S) and I'm very biased towards apple products, but in comparison to how the android OS has come on over the same time period I think the apple OS is now on the back foot.

The other half had a Sony Ericsson Android phone a year and half ago and it was crap, she only had it a month or so and then got a blackberry, she said then she wouldn't have another android phone, but now she has the S3 and what that can do in comparison to the old SE android and even my 4S puts the S3 in another league IMO.

Until IOS 6 comes out or I've had a play with the iPhone 5 I can't say 100% that the S3 is a better phone but I from what I've read on the iPhone 5 I can't see it being better. Saying that I'll probably still get an iPhone for my next upgrade, by then the 5S will probably be out, but I feel Apple has some catching up to do.

Offline Dan.b

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2012, 10:17:29 pm »
I phone 5 official video.

Android users gonna hate lol

Offline jedi-knight83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 41
    • Cambridge Autogleam Detailing
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2012, 10:23:14 pm »
Speaking as a big apple fan and a user of macbook pro, mac cinema screen, iphone 3, 3s, 4, numerous ipods.... I'm disappointed with the 5. No new technology, no NFC, no lightfield camera that was rumoured. Just 'slightly' taller / thinner / faster. Not exactly groundbreaking.

Sadly though i'm a bit stuck into the brand now and have several iphone apps that I use regularly and need... so I dont have many options. I might pick up an iphone 4s for now.
Golf GTI DSG "ED30 Tribute" - RTech: 254bhp / 323lbft | MK6 GTI DSG S.Wheel | MK6 GTI speedo | MK6 climate | RCD510DAB | Bluetooth | Milltek Cat back | H&R Springs & Rear ARB | WALK | 19" BBS CH | MK7R 340mm brakes - INFO

Offline galaxie500

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 37
  • -Receive: 13
  • 56 plate 5 door in Black Pearl Metallic
« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2012, 10:24:27 pm »
The iPhone will always be Number 1.  What it lacks in absolute processing power, features and handling it makes up for in innovation, reliability, beautiful design and build quality. The Samsung's and HTC's are simply plasticky, copycat wannabes and their owners sore they didn't jump when the iPhone was first introduced as they were waiting for something cheaper. And uglier.

Comparable with a VW Golf Gti v Ford Focus ST ??!!

Lets see what other simile's you've got people......

Offline JStav

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 1
    • Facebook
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2012, 11:30:06 pm »
The iPhone will always be Number 1.  What it lacks in absolute processing power, features and handling it makes up for in innovation, reliability, beautiful design and build quality. The Samsung's and HTC's are simply plasticky, copycat wannabes and their owners sore they didn't jump when the iPhone was first introduced as they were waiting for something cheaper. And uglier.

Comparable with a VW Golf Gti v Ford Focus ST ??!!

Lets see what other simile's you've got people......

So many decent objective posts then you come along and read one like this  :laugh:  Apple must love having people like you who buy their products blindly!  I'd rather weigh up my options accordingly and then make the informed decision.

I've had both phones and don't hold attachment to either side as both have their merits.  Currently got an S3 but was waiting to see what apple brought out to decide whether it was going to be my next phone.  Very disappointed to be honest.  You talk about apple making up in terms of innovation, I'm struggling to find anything they've done with the 5 that justifies the upgrade.  I don't really think making the phone with a bigger screen can be classed as innovation.

One thing I'll definitely agree with is the build quality.  You definitely feel like you've got a premium product in your hand.  Although the price is high for this, I guess you get what you pay for.

Genuinely disappointed, thought apple would have offered so much more.  When you're talking over a thousand pound for the initial outlay and a minimum of 24 months on the contract I can't defend upgrading to one.  Guess I'll wait for the next one!
Silver GTI, Revo Stage 1, R32 rear bumper, R32 exhaust, R32 rear lights, ED30 front splitter, RCD510, Lowered on Eibachs, open fog grills.

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2012, 11:37:55 pm »
Meh