Make a donation

Author Topic: Audi S6 DRLS on .:R32  (Read 11251 times)

Offline Greeners

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
Re: Audi S6 DRLS on .:R32
« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2009, 12:51:03 pm »
those are gorgeous Pazz , nice find  :happy2:, like you I have xenons though  :sad:
Has Hurdy seen them yet  :laugh:

I've seen them and like them :drool:

Not something I'd swap mine for though :wink:

Agreed, I think they suit the R32 more anyway.  :happy2:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2009, 01:29:57 pm »

Agreed, I think they suit the R32 more anyway.  :happy2:

....Def suit the R32 better - Or any Golf which has the horizontally slatted 'fog' panels.

Personally, I don't like the styling mix of slatted with honeycombe on the same Golf.

I do like this treatment to include DRL LEDs though : -

LEDs are without question the most effective and least blinding solution for DRLs. The UK is still dragging its heels over legislation :rolleye:

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Deako

• Thank You
  • -Given: 38
  • -Receive: 44
  • Eat, Sleep....VAG
« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2009, 04:02:48 pm »
Anyone know of a supplier for the Inpro S5 Golf headlights?

Offline VC

• Thank You
  • -Given: 80
  • -Receive: 93
    • Very Cherry Stickers and Decals
« Reply #33 on: July 16, 2009, 04:16:52 pm »
Had the mod done and apologies for not being able to post any pics! everytime i start the car i get a warning message saying Front Left and Right parking light not working or something like that and i also get like a little orange lighbulb appearing on the dashboard. Any one know how i can get rid of this? Honestly will post pics soon just waiting for a few more goodies for the car!  :smiley:

have you taken power from your side lights rather than their own dedicated switched control?

Offline Manu_R32

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: July 17, 2009, 02:18:03 am »
Had the mod done and apologies for not being able to post any pics! everytime i start the car i get a warning message saying Front Left and Right parking light not working or something like that and i also get like a little orange lighbulb appearing on the dashboard. Any one know how i can get rid of this? Honestly will post pics soon just waiting for a few more goodies for the car!  :smiley:

have you taken power from your side lights rather than their own dedicated switched control?

Indeed I have. Can get it changed to a switch control if it were the only way to solve this?

OSIR Front and Rear Diffuser - JL Audio 400/4 Amplifier - JL Audio ZR650 - Recaro Bucket Seats - JL Audio Stealthbox - JL Audio 500/1 Amplifier - Kenwood DNX 7200 - OZ Ultraleggeras!

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #35 on: July 17, 2009, 08:25:40 am »

Had the mod done and apologies for not being able to post any pics! everytime i start the car i get a warning message saying Front Left and Right parking light not working or something like that and i also get like a little orange lighbulb appearing on the dashboard. Any one know how i can get rid of this? Honestly will post pics soon just waiting for a few more goodies for the car!  :smiley:

....What you are describing is the normal systems check process which is always initiated when switching on ignition. It's warning you that something isn't working and also decides something isn't working if it isn't present (my Recaro seat airbags for example).

One solution is to take VC's advice and switch the DRLs independently rather than interfere with the loom by using resistors (potentially expensive in the longer term).

However, with regard to EU legislation currently in process and already in place in some countries, I would advise that your DRLs are wired to automatically switch on with ignition and automatically off whenever any other light (including sides) are activated. This is designed to override the human error of forgetting to use our soon-to-be-compulsory (on all new cars) DRLs.

LEDs rock 'n rule! :happy2:
« Last Edit: July 17, 2009, 08:27:51 am by RedRobin »

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!