Make a donation

Author Topic: 4 wheel alignment after fitting WALK and eibach pro's?  (Read 930 times)

Offline DAZ1985

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 1
4 wheel alignment after fitting WALK and eibach pro's?
« on: May 22, 2013, 12:24:40 pm »
Just recently fitted WALK and eibach pro springs only a 30mm drop, if that once they settle. I'm curious about alignment settings should I have it 4 wheel aligned or just tracked? £70 difference in price to have 4 wheel alignment done

Ill be honest from the start and say I thought that the rear was fixed anyway?

If I just have the tracking done? What toe value should I ask for it to be set at to get the full potential of the modifications done?

Or am I barking up the wrong tree?

Edition 30 on stock dampers
Tornado ED30 #673 stage1 map, miltek cat back, Sachs clutch, panel filter, WALK, eibach pro kit, s3 brakes all round
309bhp @fly

Offline Hurdy

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
Re: 4 wheel alignment after fitting WALK and eibach pro's?
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2013, 07:25:43 am »
The rear shouldn't be affected by the walk kit, but will be affected slightly by the springs. The two bottom spring holder arms will be at a slightly different angle to stock springs, but the amount of difference it will make to the car is negligible. The front will definitely need doing after the walk kit has Ben fitted, but my advice would always be to have a full 4WD alignment done if anything substantial has been done to the car. The rear arms can be moved on the frame, so there is an element of adjustability there. :smiley:
Golf R gone.